DEC 7th 2011 - Youngstown, OH @ Covelli Centre Update Thread

Lebdog74

Can anyone familiar with Youngstown area suggest a place to stay and get some food before the show? Also any info on the arena such as parking, gate times, and if it is going to be GA floor seating or if it is actually going to have seats. Any info would be great really looking forward to my first GnR show!!!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other Youngstown thread is burried 10 pages deep at this point which makes me concerned about interest in this particular stop on the tour. Wish this show was in Cleveland as the turnout would for sure be larger, but oh well.

Bringing my 18 year old son to his first GnR show and Black Label just puts this one over the top.

I did some Google Mapping and Mapquesting and there really is nothing next door to the Covelli but there is stuff within a few blocks. It looks like either a BW3 (Buffalo Wild Wings) or a place called Barleys Pub (not a Barley House) which looks to be a live music joint are the real choices. A littel bit further away is the Downtown Draft House.

Perhaps there are some Youngstownites (or Youngstowners?) on here that can provide some background on these places. If not we'll probably just head to BW3 as it looks closest and we love their wings. It would be nice to have a little meetup if possible.

2 More Weeks!

Has anyone been to the covelli centre before? I know it is not GA seating on the floor. So is it worth getting a ticket on the floor or should I just get as close as possible on the side. Also has anyone ever dealt with ticketliquidators.com? I was told by a local to stay at the red roof inn in boardman it has cheap rates and it nit a far drive to the arena.

Youngstowner here. Lodging-best place to stay is in Boardman, Days Inn or Red Roof are basic accommodations and are cheap. Lots of places to eat around the hotels. And easy access to freeway to get you downtown.

Link to the Covelli Center:

http://www.covellicentre.com/index.php

Not a whole lot of restaurants down there-if it's not too cold and you are willing to walk around a bit, you might find an interesting place that's still open in the evening-I would probably just stay with BW3 though.

My understanding is that yes, the floor will have seating. Should be interesting, I have visions of chairs being tossed during the wait for Axl. It does appear that the floor is sold out.

Parking is usually not a problem, the Covelli has a big lot, there is another one adjacent to it, and lots within a couple of blocks. I would strongly suggest getting there early enough to park close-I would not recommend parking a few blocks away and then having to walk back to your car at 2 am. It's generally a pretty safe area, but you never know.

Any other questions, let me know and I will do my best to get you answers. Saw 'em in Wilkes Barre from the lower level seats, can't wait to see 'em from the floor!

What code?

LD74 - When purchasing tickets on Live Nation/Ticketmaster's site, there is now a Holiday Promotion code that can be entered for a 20-50% discount on tickets. The code is TMNHD. When I used this code I got 2 of the cheapest tickets for an after-tax and service charge total of $81 (not that we'll actually be sitting in those seats, mind you). I sorta feel bad for people that purchased at full price, but after I saw the Miami Groupon deal I decided to hold out and this time it worked.

Hey guys I am from Youngstown and have floor seats. I will say that barleys is a popular stop although I have never been there. There are several pizza joints but not really within walking distance. Bw3 is probably the safest bet. As far as parking the covelli center has a big lot that is easily accessable.

What time is everyone headed to BW3??

If Guns are averaging an 11pm start time and tickets say 8pm, is it safe to say BLS will hit the starge around 8:30? I will start another thread to ask about average start times for openers. But if 8:30 sounds right then my son and I will probably hit BW3 near 5pm I would guess.

I plan to get into Youngstown around 6ish. I will be in no hurry to get to the venue so I hope to see some of you at BW's. If we know a good census of fans will be at BW's before hand maybe we can talk some band members to meet up there after sound checks. I really wish this show was an open floor. Where is everyone sitting at? I will be in section 101 row N.

Thinking of getting a ticket for this show, but seems tickets are sparse for the front three sections. Is there anyone from the Wilkes-Barre show going to this show that I may recognize? It is a 4 hour drive for me but thought since it is seats only at least I would not have to wait in line all day and could leave at a decent hour to get there for the opener.

Thinking of getting a ticket for this show, but seems tickets are sparse for the front three sections. Is there anyone from the Wilkes-Barre show going to this show that I may recognize? It is a 4 hour drive for me but thought since it is seats only at least I would not have to wait in line all day and could leave at a decent hour to get there for the opener.

Myself and a buddy...were in sect. 106.. row b.......Is bw3...near covelli center??????? please let me know...will go to bw3 pre show if possible....