Guns N' Roses Nominated for Tour Of The Year

Cosmo

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care how good Rush is, but the Rushians suddenly woke up and are beating the shit out of the Gunners.

But what if Rush WAS the better live band? Shouldn't they win?

How long is this vote going? I'll vote December 22nd. ;)

Err, at the cost of being subjective ( I don't care if I am - we are on a GNR forum :P), Guns really deserve this because they are more under appreciated. A win would make more haters as well as those who ignore the band because of the current line-up, a chance to change their minds. I'm sure that GNR has more 'ex-fans' or detractors than Rush does, so a win for Rush may not change their fortunes as much.

Edited by The Archer

Eh, the best live band should win. Whether or not someone needs the win shouldn't really matter in my opinion. That skews the award. Imagine Guns N' Roses losing a debut album award to Dokken simply because Dokken is underrated. :lol:

Ah, but would Dokken win the award because they are as good or better than GNR or more of their fans voted for them?

By all means, let Rush win if they're that good, but it would be a shame not to see all the Guns fans who saw them and thought that they were the best, not vote for them.

:rolleyes:

Who am I kidding? I just want to see GNR win!

When looking at who else is in the poll, it's not that impressive. :rolleyes:

The RHCPs tour will be the tour of 2012.

Unfortunately their singer suck BIGtime live. Very weak voice.

Unlike this version of GnR, going to a Chili's show is about seeing more than just the singer.

Not sure if you seen this version of GnR but I can understand that people go for Axl. However, after leaving the show they are talking about the band collectively because Axl has chosen a very talented group and allows them to share the spotlight.

Edited by Coma16

I voted for Guns, simply because it's fresher in my mind. Fact is, the Time Machine Tour REALLY does give GN'R's 2011 tour a run for it's money. Alice's NMMNG Tour I'm split on...it's got a GREAT setlist (As far as I'm concerned, his best setlist to date), but the theatrics are a little lacking.

Is this only for tours that hit the US? Because I'm pretty surprised by a lack of Maiden's Final Frontier Tour. They played to 5 million people in 53 countries this year...not many bands can claim that of a single tour!

I voted for Guns, simply because it's fresher in my mind. Fact is, the Time Machine Tour REALLY does give GN'R's 2011 tour a run for it's money. Alice's NMMNG Tour I'm split on...it's got a GREAT setlist (As far as I'm concerned, his best setlist to date), but the theatrics are a little lacking.

Is this only for tours that hit the US? Because I'm pretty surprised by a lack of Maiden's Final Frontier Tour. They played to 5 million people in 53 countries this year...not many bands can claim that of a single tour!

Really impressive!

Was thinking the same thing, TFF Tour has been one of the best I've ever been to. Maiden just seem to keep getting better with age. :thumbsup:

Okay boys and girls, Gunners back in the lead with 31.88 and the Rushians close behind with 31.66.

This is going to be a long, hard fight :unsure:

If you notice, the Rushian army seems to be out in full force in the comments section on the poll and there's very little representation from the Gunner army.

:no:

Anyone got any bright ideas on how we can keep Guns ahead?? :ph34r:

Edited by The Archer

You can vote as many times as you want to. Polls like this suck.

Incorrect.

When one tries to vote for a second time, one receives: "Thank you, we have already counted your vote."

Thanks, I didn't notice that. I just hit refresh and saw the poll come up again, so I thought it was another of those "let's see whose fans have the most free time" polls.

Guns are leading but Motley Crue / Poison / New York Dolls are jumping closer.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/2011-ultimate-classic-rock-awards-tour-of-the-year/

Guns N' Roses 34.25%

Motley Crue / Poison / New York Dolls 27.04%

Rush 23.36%

Alice Cooper 7.7%

Kiss 4.09%

Journey / Foreigner / Night Ranger 3.58%

TOP TOURS OF 2011 BILLBOARD

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/the-best-of-2011-the-year-in-music-1005616852.story

1. U2

Total Gross: $293,281,487 Number of Shows: 44

Total Attendance: 2,887,972 Number of Sell-Outs: 44

Setlist Essential: "Where The Streets Have No Name"

2. Bon Jovi

Total Gross: $192,947,951 Number of Shows: 68

Total Attendance: 1,851,385 Number of Sell-Outs: 68

Setlist Essential: "Wanted Dead Or Alive"

4. Roger Waters

Total Gross: $149,904,965 Number of Shows: 92

Total Attendance: 1,362,993 Number of Sell-Outs: 92

Setlist Essential: "Comfortably Numb"