Guns N' Roses Nominated for Tour Of The Year

Cosmo

makes me sad seeing Lady gaga vs taylor swift discussion in this forum... especially in th GN'R section.

Maybe they need to add another section. "Disputes over lame ass people that have absolutely nothing to do with GN'R." sound good?

oh lighten up, do you want to just talk about Bumblefoot crying? :shrugs:

I don't know why you would come to that conclusion when I haven't made a single post in that thread. How about we talk about the fantasy of a reunion at the Hall of Fame that has absolutely no chance of happening?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

makes me sad seeing Lady gaga vs taylor swift discussion in this forum... especially in th GN'R section.

Maybe they need to add another section. "Disputes over lame ass people that have absolutely nothing to do with GN'R." sound good?

I don't know why you would come to that conclusion when I haven't made a single post in that thread. How about we talk about the fantasy of a reunion at the Hall of Fame that has absolutely no chance of happening?

or how we miss Axl's braids?

Or how Slash should not be allowed to leave his house without his sparkly tophat?

Or how Slash should not be allowed to leave his house without his sparkly tophat?

or how yellow raincoats add 50 pounds on camera? :xmassrudolph:

or how yellow raincoats add 50 pounds on camera? :xmassrudolph:

Or how Miles does such an excellent job of covering Guns N Roses songs? :thumbsup:

Still don't get all the hate for Myles. He's certainly no Axl, but he's a talented singer in his own right, and he does give the songs some justice. He does a better job covering Axl than Finck did covering Slash.

I know this is just a stupid "Axl vs Slash" back and forth, but just thought i'd throw that in there.

Well, thank you for your two cents. I would say that he's equal to Finck in the covering department. Never was a fan of Finck either though.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

All a matter of opinion I guess. Each to their own.

That is true. I'm glad Axl's weak link left. Now if we could get rid of DJ and bring back Izzy, we would have a perfect band.

for me leaving Tommy and Bumblefoot and including Izzy would be the best, but I guess they wouldn't be able to play the new stuff with just the 2 guitarists?

That is true. I'm glad Axl's weak link left. Now if we could get rid of DJ and bring back Izzy, we would have a perfect band.

for me leaving Tommy and Bumblefoot and including Izzy would be the best, but I guess they wouldn't be able to play the new stuff with just the 2 guitarists?

If you left Ron it wouldn't matter if you kept Tommy or not because Tommy, Izzy, and DJ couldn't handle the new stuff together. It would just be old stuff that they played and you might as well bring Slash back for that because Ron is the only one improving Slash's solos anyway.

The critic said, "I don't like how you sing that song."

Taylor responded with, "All you are is mean, and a liar and pathetic and alone in life."

At least GITR was never a serious song. She turned that song into a bullying anthem.

I didn't say anything about Katy Perry. The thing about Gaga is that if you stripped her down, she's a pianist with a lovely voice singing about acceptance. When you strip Taylor down, she's a three-chord guitarist who sings off-key about the importance of a boyfriend.

It blows my mind that people are defending Taylor Swift on this site and bashing Gaga.

[Edit] Sorry. I didn't see we'd moved on. I guess I didn't refresh the page.

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

I know this is just a stupid "Axl vs Slash" back and forth, but just thought i'd throw that in there.

It's more like Axl vs. REST OF THE WORLD

Its amazing how much people hate that guy. As an example here is what I experienced 2 week ago; I was talking to a friend of mine (who is not a Guns fan) about R&RHOF and Gn'R and the apparent chance of reunion (because I was still reeling from the hype) and she turns to me and says...

"Axl's such an asshole though, I hate him."

At this point I was a little taken aback because I know she really isn't a Gn'R fan and didn't until that point think that she had ever gone into the trivia of it. So I turn to her and say,

"Why? What makes you think that?"

And she shrugs and says, "That's what I heard."

So not only are people (old 'fans') hating on him but people now dislike him without even having a real reason to?! Man that really pissed me off :angry:

ANYWAY sorry for the rant. I voted Gn'R BTW. :tongue2:

Were this to happen, they'd probably just have to bump Fortus up to lead...

Well, let's not forget Fortus is still is still in the band, of course, I'm sure they could sort out...

If you left Ron it wouldn't matter if you kept Tommy or not because Tommy, Izzy, and DJ couldn't handle the new stuff together. It would just be old stuff that they played and you might as well bring Slash back for that because Ron is the only one improving Slash's solos anyway.

Uh, guys? RICHARD FORTUS EXISTS!

Were this to happen, they'd probably just have to bump Fortus up to lead...

Well, let's not forget Fortus is still is still in the band, of course, I'm sure they could sort out...

Uh, guys? RICHARD FORTUS EXISTS!

Yes, Fortus still exists. He still wouldn't be an adequate replacement for Ron though.

There is a reason Ron is still on tour. He simply can't be replaced. Maybe if Bucket agreed to come back, but that's still a downgrade in my opinion.

PS. You just quoted me 3 times. Quit giving other people credit for my babbling.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Richard is good but he's no Ron fucking Thal. Buckethead is one of the baddest shredders in the business. Unless Axl gets Paul Gilbert to tour, Ron isn't fucking going anywhere. If Ron didn't go on tour they probably would have either changed the set list to make things easier for Rich and DJ or just cancel the fucking tour like they did when Buckethead got really sick.

sorry, my post got a little lost in translation, I meant keeping ron and tommy and adding izzy after all ron is the best player in nuguns

Richard is good but he's no Ron fucking Thal. Buckethead is one of the baddest shredders in the business.

Forty can't noodle and shred like Bumble, no doubt, but Bumble can't jam like Rich either.

Fortus is certainly capable of being the lead guitarist for the band.

And lets just enjoy everyone and stop with the ranking shit.