December 5th has been cancelled

gnrfan20

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Guns & explosions exude domestic terrorism. Certain promoters might object to the communist props and symbolism as well.

I think venue hostility to Axl’s “lateness” is probably the most likely explanation for the cancellations – or the venue simply can’t cater for GN’R’s massive, massive production.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

388046_10150440297783069_10901008068_8507085_1358404450_n.jpg

Pardon the lack of brevity here as there are a few noteworthy items -

First, as reported via local press in Memphis and directly to fans where

possible, the Southaven show on Monday, December 5th has been canceled. Refunds are available at all points of authorized purchase.

As for all the self-indulgent so-called "likes" of GN'R who find it convenient and seemingly their life's purpose and public outcry for glorification to rag on this page and all over the internet about THE VERY PEOPLE that deliver GUNS N' ROSES, especially the plant-heads ( IQ maybe that of the fern in the room) who took aim on the last facebook post - this photo from US Bank Arena should undoubtedly give you a better bad obsession. BTW the NATI folks and show ROCKED on all counts! AND FOR THE RECORD cause "shirley" some self serving propagandists will find a twisted meaning or scrabble the words way of interpreting this post - we deeply appreciate everyone that supports GUNS N' ROSES.

Finally and foremost - NASHVILLE - we look forward to rockin' the roof off your Bridgestone Arena with Zakk Wylde and Black Label Society a bit later today!

That's all folks!

Photo by: FLEBEIS — at US Bank Arena.

translation?

this show and Albany were cancelled for bad ticket sales, whether the band(Axl) the promoters, or someone else decided to cancel, I do not know, but if you think these 2 shows were cancelled for anything other then bad ticket sales, you are fooling yourself

this show and Albany were cancelled for bad ticket sales, whether the band(Axl) the promoters, or someone else decided to cancel, I do not know, but if you think these 2 shows were cancelled for anything other then bad ticket sales, you are fooling yourself

Shiiiiiite.

Does the venue make money on ticket sales?

Typical the venue rents out for a specific dollar amount. If they made their money by ticket sales, then the venue would be doing all the promotion.

If it was low ticket sales, then wouldn't the band be the one to cancel? And if the band canceled at the last minute, then would the venue lose their fee and still be willing to take the blame?

I'm thinking it is production issues, maybe the finish time. And we are just finding out before shows because of the odd way this tour was booked. Dates being added a month beforehand.

Love all the "obviously sales" posts. Albany was because the venue couldn't handle the immensity of the production (weight of the stage rigs etc). I bet it's the same thing here. Too bad, but NOT THE BAND OR SALES' FAULTS!!

So why book it? You'd think they would have checked on that beforehand.

Why, that sounds almost too plausible to be true.

This is low ticket sales for sure. They won't get the money they were expecting, they cancel, simple as that. Sad for the people that wanted to attend to each particular show.

How to solve this? Promote the fuckin' tour properly.

They've done a pretty decent job of promoting it. I've seen TV commercials, posters, ads on the home page of Ticketmaster...

Love all the "obviously sales" posts. Albany was because the venue couldn't handle the immensity of the production (weight of the stage rigs etc). I bet it's the same thing here. Too bad, but NOT THE BAND OR SALES' FAULTS!!

I would doubt the Albany show was cancelled because of the immensity of the production of weight of the stage, rigs etc. Times Union Center is a very large venue. They host hockey games and bring in 8,000 gallons of water which weighs approx. 66 thousand pounds. The score board weighs 8 1/2 tons. They had motorcross there the weekend before the scheduled concert and brought in tons and tons of dirt while having large backhoes moving it around. They have also had monster trucks there. I could be wrong, but I don't see the immensity of the production weighing more than these things.

The venue holds 17,000 people and when the upper level is curtained off, it holds 6,000. One of the local radio satations said there were between 4 and 5 thousand tickets sold so I'm not sure it was low ticket sales either. I don't know what their break even point is.

I don't know the reason of the cancellation but I can not blame it on the band. I know it would not have been cancelled without a damn good reason. The venue has said all along it was not them. I do think the promoters should be doing a better job though as all I heard on the radio and TV was about the Staind concert that weekend. I actually heard more about the cancellation of than I did the actual concert. :thumbsdown:

Does the actual venue get money from ticketsales?

The band rents the arena for X about of dollars.

Does the arena them also get a portion of the gate?

I would think the band management would have legal rights to sue if the arena cancelled because of ticket sales.

I own Arena X. I will rent out my arena to your group for $50,000. In turn, you get our arena for ten hours, plus we supply security and workers. And we will sell booze (arena gets those profits).

Isn't that how it works?

Seems like the arena makes their big chunk on the rental fee. Why would they get any ticket sale money?

Don't know about the other arenas but this is what Albany TU Center has on their web site about how it works "Times Union Center does not set ticket prices for events. When a show comes to the Center, the event management essentially rents the building for the time of the performance. Thus, ticket prices are set by the show. Factors that help decide the price of tickets are things such as artist guarantee, tour payroll, production costs, rent, etc."

In the concert industry, "production issues" frequently means "slow ticket sales". No one but DCC and GNR know for sure in this case, though.

I will say that unless your name is Eric Clapton, you are not going to sell $90 floor seats in the Memphis area. There's no money here, especially leading up to the holidays.

Definitely not the band's fault. I had a chance to talk to Beta for a bit about the Albany cancellation in Hamilton on Monday, and she said the band were totally blind-sided by the cancellation, and fighting up until the day of to be able to play the show.

Sorry to bump an "old" thread but i was away for a week. I was there for this convo and Beta also said that this gig was likely to be cancelled - I believe due to issues with the venue/promoter. It wasn't about tickets sales that far in advance because most tickets are sold within 48hrs of the actual gig. In regards to Albany, the band was totally fighting for it and Axl was even staying right near the venue the days leading up to it.

I also asked if SF/OAK was going to get a show (Phoenix gig was announced the day before so I thought why not ask) and she said no - bad economy.