Why do people wear Gn'R shirts to Gn'R shows?

GnR Chris

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't anyone ever get the memo? You don't wear a band shirt of the band you're going to see live. I've never seen more egregious offenders than at the Guns show in Chicago.

Wearing their shirt shows you are into them enough to drop money on their merchandise, why would that be a bad thing? Every GNR concert I've attended, half the audience was wearing their gear. It's no different than sporting events, the majority of the crowd wears the home team's gear.

Didn't anyone ever get the memo? You don't wear a band shirt of the band you're going to see live. I've never seen more egregious offenders than at the Guns show in Chicago.

who says you can't wear an gnr tshirt to a show, YOUR stupid little army or something , get on with ya, do one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IDIOT

I'm not an idiot. It's pretty common knowledge. Of course people can do whatever they want.

If you want to look like a relic or someone's parents on their first night out in years, go ahead and wear the band shirt.

Might you also be the same grown men who wear sports jerseys with other men's names on your backs when you go to live sporting events?

I too thought that this was a commonly known "unwritten rule" of concerts. Good thing I own like, two band shirts so I don't really worry about it either way.

Haha, yeah, exactly.

Honestly, I'm not trying to piss people off here. I don't care what other people do. Just a general observation. I go to a TON of shows and I've never seen more people wearing band shirts (or, really, any) of the band they were seeing live than I did at the Gn'R show.

You're "that guy."

Then I guess most GnR fans are "that guy". I guess it probably has to do with the fact that at this stage in the game, having been to any GnR show is a baddge of honor, so it shows long-term dedication. Now, wearing a Hot-Topic or other store bought x band's shirt to a x band's show/concert is a no-no imo. Calling people out and publicly criticizing people for wearing one, however, is being an elitist douche. My ex thought it wasn't cool to buy a tour shirt with actual tour dates on it. Fuck that shit. I will show to people that I've seen the band before if I damn well please.

I guess I'm that guy because I wear a band shirt under my work shirt. 9/10 times that shirt is a band shirt. If I'm off, I want to be comfortable. A black cotton t shirt with a band logo and jeans are how I dress comfortably. Around here, if you like rock/metal, you wear band shirts. Not really a rule, just seems to be the way of things. I have 60+ of them and rotate them like you rotate stock.

Edited by GnRDuff1

I'm not an idiot. It's pretty common knowledge. Of course people can do whatever they want.

If you want to look like a relic or someone's parents on their first night out in years, go ahead and wear the band shirt.

Might you also be the same grown men who wear sports jerseys with other men's names on your backs when you go to live sporting events?

Og fffs you are a cock, now do one !!

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Because we’re not pretentious and afraid to soil our musical integrity’s with a declaration of support for GN’R.

Tickets, as demonstrated by the half-wits that lob bottles, don’t necessarily indicate fanatical love.

No, GnR Chris, you can and should wear the shirt of the band you're going to see - ESPECIALLY GNR. I remember the movie PCU (with Jeremy Piven, used to come on Commie Central all the time) starting the "dont be that guy (who wears the shirt of the band he's going to see" thing. I dunno, it was a funny line in a pretty funny movie, but it has no correlation to reality - there's always many, many guys wearing the shirt. Wear the damn shirt. Besides, fans like us catch so much shit for wearing Gnr shirts in public because Gnr offends the mainstream, so Gnr concerts are a cathartic experience for us. We waited fifteen wears for an album, rocked everyone's socks off yet get called corporate establishment music, etc etc - hell, I'll wear an umpire's uniform and short shorts if I want. Furthermore, we want Axl and the guys to know that we support them.

I wear GN'R shirts when I feel like it. Whether I'm going to a GN'R show or not. Same goes for listening to them. I don't feel the need to follow some made up rule about not wearing their shirts to their concerts.

Then I guess most GnR fans are "that guy". I guess it probably has to do with the fact that at this stage in the game, having been to any GnR show is a baddge of honor, so it shows long-term dedication. Now, wearing a Hot-Topic or other store bought x band's shirt to a x band's show/concert is a no-no imo. Calling people out and publicly criticizing people for wearing one, however, is being an elitist douche. My ex thought it wasn't cool to buy a tour shirt with actual tour dates on it. Fuck that shit. I will show to people that I've seen the band before if I damn well please.

I guess I'm that guy because I wear a band shirt under my work shirt. 9/10 times that shirt is a band shirt. If I'm off, I want to be comfortable. A black cotton t shirt with a band logo and jeans are how I dress comfortably. Around here, if you like rock/metal, you wear band shirts. Not really a rule, just seems to be the way of things. I have 60+ of them and rotate them like you rotate stock.

Agreed! I wore my shirt from the 2002 tour to the Jersey show. Why? Because when i bought the shirt at Madison Square Garden i was 17 and wanted something to remember the concert by. Now that i'm about 8 years older i am still amazed at the fact that i have it and why not be proud of the fact that i have seen this band before and that i've been supporting them for a while?

To me it's like wearing an old school sports jersey. If you have a real one it means you've been a fan for a while and there is nothing in the 'rules' about that.

Besides, fans like us catch so much shit for wearing Gnr shirts in public because Gnr offends the mainstream, so Gnr concerts are a cathartic experience for us.

What? GN'R is about as "mainstream" as you can get for anyone not born in the 2000s (besides Chinese Democracy).