Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl wont perfrom with Slash. Period. He's even gone on record as saying one of them will be dead before any reuinion, of any sort.

The wounds are far too deep on Axl's part. Most people forgive and forget. Axl forgets but doesn't forgive.

And all you people that think the new band should be inducted need your heads examined. Would the band have been inducted had there been no Chinese Democracy? Of course they would.

Imagine you were an architect, and you designed your own home for you and your family. You live in it for a few years, then divorce your wife - who lives in the marital home with her new husband. Many years later, you gain wide recognition for your design of the home and win an industry award.

Would you want some mutherfucker sharing the stage with you, just because he was screwing your ex-wife and lived in your old home?........

LA

:rofl-lol:

Doesn't name the people but it says Steven remains skeptical singer axl rose will perform with THE ORIGINAL BAND.

That sentence certainly doesn't rule out Dizzy or Matt in any way.

That sentence is pure bullshit since there is no way the ORIGINAL BAND will perform.

Unless sb resurrects Ole Beich, ORIGINAL bass player, who drowned in a lake in 1991.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ole_Beich

How many times do people need to read this to stop writing about reuniting the ORIGINAL BAND?

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven are the CLASSIC line-up, the AFD line-up, or the BEST line-up or whatever the fuck you want to call them... but NOT the ORIGINAL line-up

because the fact is the ORIGINAL BAND was:

Axl, Izzy, Tracii Guns (guitar), Ole Beich (bass), Rob Gardner (drums)

First performance on March 26, 1985

http://gnrontour.com/sets1985/19850326flyer.jpg

Learn it by heart for fuck's sake !

Oh please. Why would they even consider a "band" that existed for like a month and didn't write together and probably didn't even draw the smallest crowd.

That's just your opinion. I stick to the facts.

ORIGINAL means FIRST

It was a band, the name is on the flyer and they did play concerts together.

It doesn't matter they didn't put up a record

Doesn't name the people but it says Steven remains skeptical singer axl rose will perform with THE ORIGINAL BAND.

That sentence is pure bullshit since there is no way the ORIGINAL BAND will perform.

Unless sb resurrects Ole Beich, ORIGINAL bass player, who drowned in a lake in 1991.

How many times do people need to read this to stop writing about reuniting the ORIGINAL BAND?

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven are the CLASSIC line-up, the AFD line-up, or the BEST line-up or whatever the fuck you want to call them... but NOT the ORIGINAL line-up

Oh please. Why would they even consider a "band" that existed for like a month and didn't write together and probably didn't even draw the smallest crowd.

ORIGINAL means FIRST

That's just semantics.

I can see it turning into a fist fight.

I can see it turning into a three-way with Fergie :rolleyes:

So who pisses their pants first? Slash of fergie? :xmassrudolph:

I think Axl's the most scared, he's been losing hair over the idea of a clash with slash for years :xmasssanta:

LOL, no

Because people like that are just VERY wrapped up in the name guns n roses, not the feeling or the meaning. The original guns is Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven. There was a few guys that jammed for about a month before this original band came together that was also called guns n roses but no one cares. When people say "I want the ORIGINAL smashing pumpkins back" they mean Billy, D'arcy, James, and Jimmy not just Billy and James like the band was at the very early stages. They played a few shows live just like that pre-original line-up of guns.

People only say that kind of stuff as sort of a justification of what Axl is doing. You can tell because Volccano preaches it constantly. Many, many bands go through line-up changes before settling down on a solid line-up. Guns is one and due to the situation that has come over the past 20 years those names like Ole are getting mentioned for the first time just to be used for the purpose of saying Slash and those guys were not "original" members.

EDIT: See the post right below mine? He jumped right on it. It's everything to do with semantics, nothing to do with what the concept of guns n roses originally meant to so many people. It's as I said a justification for not holding a steady line-up.

Edited by Knife-Chase

http://gnrontour.com...850326flyer.jpg

ORIGINAL means FIRST

19850326flyer.jpg

See that slasholes? That's the ORIGINAL GNR.

AND for your viewing pleasure the first lineup change....

19850424flyer.jpg

Line-up:

Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Tracii Guns (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Unknown (drums).

Because people like that are just VERY wrapped up in the name guns n roses, not the feeling or the meaning. The original guns is Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven. There was a few guys that jammed for about a month before this original band came together that was also called guns n roses but no one cares. When people say "I want the ORIGINAL smashing pumpkins back" they mean Billy, D'arcy, James, and Jimmy not just Billy and James like the band was at the very early stages. They played a few shows live just like that pre-original line-up of guns.

People only say that kind of stuff as sort of a justification of what Axl is doing. You can tell because Volccano preaches it constantly. Many, many bands go through line-up changes before settling down on a solid line-up. Guns is one and due to the situation that has come over the past 20 years those names like Ole are getting mentioned for the first time just to be used for the purpose of saying Slash and those guys were not "original" members.

Great post!

I can see it turning into a fist fight.

I can see it turning into a three-way with Fergie :rolleyes:

So who pisses their pants first? Slash of fergie? :xmassrudolph:

I think Axl's the most scared, he's been losing hair over the idea of a clash with slash for years :xmasssanta:

Sure,he has a terrified disposition :lol: : :lol: :xmasssanta:

So how do you explain Tophats's beer belly and loss of hair?

I'm guessing he uses brillo pads to fill in the sparce places :D

Back on topic,apolgies for my indescration

Shut the fuck up retard. Those members didn't do shit for the band, they didn't record shit, they didn't write shit, they didn't accomplish shit.

Legendary, original and former Guns N' Roses: Axl Rose, Slash, Duff Mckagan, Izzy Stradlin, Steven Adler.

You learn.

ORIGINAL means FIRST

That's just semantics.

Look at DEEP PURPLE -it's exactly the same as in GNR

Mark I (April 1968–July 1969)

Rod Evans – lead vocals

Ritchie Blackmore – guitar

Nick Simper – bass, backing vocals

Ian Paice – drums

Jon Lord – keyboards, backing vocals

Mark IIa (July 1969–June 1973)

Ian Gillan – vocals

Ritchie Blackmore – guitar

Roger Glover – bass

Ian Paice – drums

Jon Lord – keyboards

so Rod Evans is the original vocalist of DP, not Ian Gillian

the same with original bass player Nick Simper, not Roger Glover

simple as that

however most people recognize DP with Gillian and Glover - they are way more famous than Evans and Simpler

it doesn't change the fact that only Evans and Simpler can be name ORIGINAL members

Edited by DrDrei

Great post!

Original GNR:

19850326flyer.jpg

Classic GNR:

guns_n_roses_01.jpg.

REAL GNR:

tumblr_lso4djdqLm1qbm9vio1_500.jpg

http://gnrontour.com...850326flyer.jpg

ORIGINAL means FIRST

19850326flyer.jpg

See that slasholes? That's the ORIGINAL GNR.

AND for your viewing pleasure the first lineup change....

19850424flyer.jpg

Line-up:

Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Tracii Guns (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Unknown (drums).

Lol who cares!

The night of induction the following will go in the HOF

Axl

Slash

Izzy

Duff

Steven

Members of the original as you put it did not even care enough to make a road trip. So much for their commitment.

EDIT: See the post right below mine? He jumped right on it. It's everything to do with semantics, nothing to do with what the concept of guns n roses originally meant to so many people. It's as I said a justification for not holding a steady line-up.

Then explain to me why most people only care about Axl & Slash and do not give a fuck about Izzy (who wrote the band's best songs) for example?

I'll tell you : media!

Lol who cares!

The night of induction the following will go in the HOF

Axl

Slash

Izzy

Duff

Steven

Members of the original as you put it did not even care enough to make a road trip. So much for their commitment.

There is a posibility you might be right but that line-up is not the original GNR. Fact.