I would rather here chinese democracy songs live

taylorswift

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that people react more strongly to the old songs. They've played Better, SOD, Sorry, This I Love, Shackler's Revenge, and Madgascar quite frequently. Opening the show with Chinese Democracy as oppose to WTTJ is a big step in that direction of promoting new songs. I think they could add a few more. TWAT, IRS, Catcher in the Rye, Riad. I mean if they really want to focus on CD they might as well go all out.

Warm them up with old songs from AFD and UYI, and slam them with CD. Sounds like a good plan.

Edited by BirdCatcher

The problem is that people react more strongly to the old songs. They've played Better, SOD, Sorry, This I Love, Shackler's Revenge, and Madgascar quite frequently. Opening the show with Chinese Democracy as oppose to WTTJ is a big step in that direction of promoting new songs. I think they could add a few more. TWAT, IRS, Catcher in the Rye, Riad. I mean if they really want to focus on CD they might as well go all out.

Warm them up with old songs from AFD and UYI, and slam them with CD. Sounds like a good plan.

yeah but, havent these audiences alreayd heard the old songs live on previous tours? and is rock music about catering to an audience? but agree mostly with what you said...

i think the new stuff leaves more room for error and makes things more interesting, hearing welcome to the jungle or night train live from 2002, or 2006, or 2011, or 2010 or whatever, i mean how many times can we hear it?

yeah but, havent these audiences alreayd heard the old songs live on previous tours? and is rock music about catering to an audience? but agree mostly with what you said...

i think the new stuff leaves more room for error and makes things more interesting, hearing welcome to the jungle or night train live from 2002, or 2006, or 2011, or 2010 or whatever, i mean how many times can we hear it?

Well not everyone who goes to the shows have been to shows from the previous tours.

Plus 'catering to the audience' would mean playing the old songs, everyone wants to hear Nightrain, Jungle, etc.

Well you have to have WTTJ and NT at everyshow. I think this tour they are bringing back UYI songs. Estranged has become the main highlight of the tour. Not the CD songs. Civil War was the icing on the cake. Axl knows the fans would rather hear songs that haven't been played in 18 years more than new songs. If only he knows that so many fans want to hear Oh My God again.

Well you have to have WTTJ and NT at everyshow. I think this tour they are bringing back UYI songs. Estranged has become the main highlight of the tour. Not the CD songs. Civil War was the icing on the cake. Axl knows the fans would rather hear songs that haven't been played in 18 years more than new songs. If only he knows that so many fans want to hear Oh My God again.

yeah but, play them at some shows, doesn't have to be every one, play oh my god as well, change it up for some variety so no one knows what to expect

yeah it's what they've been doing for the past 10 years or something now, did you miss them on the previous tours?

Honestly they kind of have to play the old songs. People who go to the shows want to hear the hits, its that simple. Sure they should mix in some new stuff (which is what they are doing) but there is no way that can just ditch the old songs

Edited by WhazUp

yeah it's what they've been doing for the past 10 years or something now, did you miss them on the previous tours?

Honestly they kind of have to play the old songs. People who go to the shows want to hear the hits, its that simple. Sure they should mix in some new stuff (which is what they are doing) but there is no way that can just ditch the old songs

yeah, i hear what you're saying, but they've been playing the old songs now on every new tour they do, which is fine, but i'm just thinking about rock music being more about fuck you, about being unpredictable and whatnot, it seems to me gnrs setlist has seemed like almost set in stone for the past however many years, yeah they change it up occasionally, but it's almost like you come to know the setlist, what they will open with, what they will close with, and they might change the order of a song here or there

I think the majority of fans who go see a band that has been around since the 80's would go for nostalgia only. Even the modern rock bands constantly get requests for old songs. Young fans going to see Crue, Van Halen, Guns N' Roses, Rush would rather hear old songs they were conceived to.

Rock and roll use to be about "fuck you, I'll do what I want" but in order to do what they want they have to catch people's attention. Who would want to go to a concert where a band only plays music not everyone is familiar with? Considering how poorly CD sold, most fans probably thought they were cover songs.

At least you get an average of seven or eight new songs per night. Motley Crue and Van Halen have been teasing us about a new album for years. Haven't gotten it yet. The new Van Halen album has become the new Chinese Democracy. A ton of shit has been recorded since Van Halen III. I've been hearing of speculative release since 2004.

Ironically it is under the same record label CD is.

Edited by BirdCatcher

They have a lot of hits and a lot of good songs, If I´m not mistaking, they havent played Coma, Dead Horse, Breakdown, Double Talkin Jive for a long time, and I would like to hear that. But if u went to a GNR concert and you didnt heard WTTJ,SCOM, YCBM you would probably bitch and moan all day long.

Edited by MishoGunsNRoses

They have a lot of hits and a lot of good songs, If I´m not mistaking, they havent played Coma, Dead Horse, Breakdown, Double Talkin Jive for a long time, and I would like to hear that. But if u went to a GNR concert and you didnt heard WTTJ,SCOM, YCBM you would probably bitch and moan all day long.

What GNR fan hasn't been to a GNR concert where they haven't played these songs?

I want to hear new stuff, different stuff.

The band has to prove they can play the old songs just as good if not better than the previous lineups. I agree with the post above, this tour is really settling those who dispute the lineup as a band.

But i've heard all that before. And I like my rock music spontaneous.

The band has to prove they can play the old songs just as good if not better than the previous lineups. I agree with the post above, this tour is really settling those who dispute the lineup as a band.

But here is the thing: GNR doesn't cater to one individual's wants in terms of what songs to play. The fact is they have cemented their career with the classic songs and the vast majority of people who go see them expect to hear the classic songs that cemented their legacy

But here is the thing: GNR doesn't cater to one individual's wants in terms of what songs to play. The fact is they have cemented their career with the classic songs and the vast majority of people who go see them expect to hear the classic songs that cemented their legacy

They've been touring with the same music now for like 10 years. Even before chinese democracy was released, they were still playing chinese democracy songs. Now they're just playing a few more of them, but the setlists have mostly stayed the same, in the same order.