I would rather here chinese democracy songs live

taylorswift

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that would be fine, switch IRS for CW. Really I just trying to get set that focuses on CD and ends with a row of hits. Like the Stones show I went where the finished with brown Sugar, Street Fighting and Satisfaction.

having said that the sets they do now now are prob better.

They just need more of a balance. Do we have to hear KOHD and LALD at every fucking show? The hardcore fans are bored of it and lets face it, no casual fan goes to a GNR show hoping to see a Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney cover. In terms of the casual fans, as long as they get Jungle, SCOM, NR and PC then they'll leave happy.

Drop the covers, drop the excessive AFD songs (Brownstone and It's So Easy could easily be dropped and no-one would miss them), and add more CD/UYI material.

This setlist would keep everyone happy, hardcores and casual fans alike:

1. Chinese Democracy

2. WTTJ

3. Oh My God

4. Shacklers Revenge

5. Scraped

6. There Was A Time

7. Rocket Queen

8. This I Love

9. IRS

10. Better

11. Locomotive

12. Estranged

13. Sweet Child O Mine

14. Cathcher In The Rye

15. Riad & The Bedouins

16. Sorry

17. Breakdown

18. Don't Cry (full band version)

19. Prostitue

20. You Could Be Mine

Encore

21. Nightrain

22. Madagscar

23. November Rain

24. Paradise City

Edited by Towelie

They just need more of a balance. Do we have to hear KOHD and LALD at every fucking show? The hardcore fans are bored of it and lets face it, no casual fan goes to a GNR to see a Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney cover (as long as they get Jungle, SCOM, NR and PC then they'll leave happy).

Drop the covers, drop the excessive AFD songs (Brownstone and It's So Easy could be dropped), and add more CD/UYI material.

This setlist would keep everyone happy, hardcores and casual fans alike:

1. Chinese Democracy

2. WTTJ

3. Oh My God

4. Shacklers Revenge

5. Scraped

6. There Was A Time

7. Rocket Queen

8. This I Love

9. IRS

10. Better

11. Locomotive

12. Estranged

13. Sweet Child O Mine

14. Cathcher In The Rye

15. Riad & The Bedouins

16. Sorry

17. Breakdown

18. Don't Cry (full band version)

19. Prostitue

20. You Could Be Mine

Encore

21. Nightrain

22. Madagscar

23. November Rain

24. Paradise City

This list is an absolute good. The list is life.

There are always going to be casual fans and fans not born before AFD came out that would like to hear the old stuff. It'll be interesting to see how the setlists go when a new album drops. If there's no promotion or hit singles, it'll be same old same old.

My setlist

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Shacklers

3. Nightrain

4. Its So Easy

5. Rocket Queen

6. There Was A Time

7. Scraped

8. YCBM

9. Better

10. SCOM

11. Double Talkin Jive

12. Yesterdays

13. WTTJ

14. Catcher in the Rye

15. Patience

16. Street Of Dreams

17. Prostitute

18. Estranged

19. This I Love

20. November Rain

Encore

21. Dont Cry

22. Madagascar

23. Civil War

24. Paradise City

They've played it a few times. But I remember Ron saying it's his favorite to play. Prob cos of his solo on it.

Classics v new stuff. The eternal dilemma innit

Ron is working his ass off and he doesn't even get to play Shacklers. I guess they are going on crowd reaction.

I thought he did play Shacklers live. That guitar solo was his.

90% of the crowds dont give a crap about CD songs. Axl knows what the crowd wants to hear; and with 3 hour shows he needs to keep them around. GNR was my 12 year old daughters first concert and she actually knows the CD songs. We had people around us asking, "Whats the name of this song?" We would tell them and they would go, "oh" then off to get more beer. I had never seen GNR before, so I didnt care what they played. But you could see the energy die in the building when they played CD songs; nobody knew them.

Shacklers was played in Norman.

Edited by Sooner5900

90% of the crowds dont give a crap about CD songs.

I don't believe that's true.

Sure, CD songs aren't exactly crowd-pleasers, but I think a good chunk of a GNR crowd would at least be familiar with the album. As for the rest? Fuck em.

As I said in another thread, who goes to a Metallica concert to hear Death Magnetic?

I completely agree with the OP. Obviously, they're forever going to have to play 'Jungle', 'SCOM', 'Paradise City', 'November Rain', 'Patience', and 'You Could Be Mine', but a lot of the other songs are replaceable, and to the point where a lot of casuals might not even gripe. Songs like 'It's So Easy', 'Mr. Brownstone', 'Live and Let Die', 'Rocket Queen', songs that as great as they are, weren't really massive hits, and should even occasionally be swapped out with 'If the World' or 'IRS' or Lord help, 'Catcher in the Rye'. I guess that's the downfall of having such great songs to choose from, you can't please everyone. They come out and play the hits, those of us into the newer stuff bitch, but the more new stuff they play, the anti-CD and casual crowd throw a fit. I know I sound like a broken record but the only way to solve the problem is to cut out the solos, and replace them with a couple of newer songs...

There are always going to be casual fans and fans not born before AFD came out that would like to hear the old stuff. It'll be interesting to see how the setlists go when a new album drops. If there's no promotion or hit singles, it'll be same old same old.

My setlist

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Shacklers

3. Nightrain

4. Its So Easy

5. Rocket Queen

6. There Was A Time

7. Scraped

8. YCBM

9. Better

10. SCOM

11. Double Talkin Jive

12. Yesterdays

13. WTTJ

14. Catcher in the Rye

15. Patience

16. Street Of Dreams

17. Prostitute

18. Estranged

19. This I Love

20. November Rain

Encore

21. Dont Cry

22. Madagascar

23. Civil War

24. Paradise City

Now THIS is the perfect setlist. All it needs is Perfect Crime.

90% of the crowds dont give a crap about CD songs.

I don't believe that's true.

Sure, CD songs aren't exactly crowd-pleasers, but I think a good chunk of a GNR crowd would at least be familiar with the album. As for the rest? Fuck em.

Did you go to a show on this tour? I looked around at the crowd every time a CD song was played. People sat down during these songs. People didnt sing along. People got up to get beer and food. Dont be foolish, the majority of the people going to the shows are NOT going to hear CD songs. Just look at the reactions from the crowd. I was disappointed by the crowd at the Norman show when they played CD songs because NOBODY, except a few, cared about those songs. My 12 year old and I were the only people who knew the songs, and as I said before, people around us were asking, "whats this song?"

I have to say, the old songs are what got people up in Chicago. The new songs, except for Chinese Democracy (and I attribute that to it being the opening song) didn't really get people on their feet.

That said, there isn't enough CD material to maintain a three-hour show. They'd have to delve into the classic lineup discography.

Would I want to hear CD front to back? I truly wouldn't mind. But the majority of the people who go see Gn'R ... man, that would be a dead crowd.