Salt Lake City, UT 12/13

damean667

They're such good people, why they get publically ridiculed so often is beyond my comprehension.

Take a look at some of their beliefs and I'm sure you'll understand.

Really? Like what? Enlighten me. I'd love to hear a justifiable reason for the bashing of Mormons. Or at least why they get it more than Jehovah Witness, Buddhism, Muslims...even Catholicism...how many of their priests have raped kids? Trust me, I know plenty about Mormons/Mormonism, and they are good people, despite some of their "non conventional" beliefs. When was the last time you heard about a Mormon murderer? or rapist? Sure there's probably a few, but compared to the rest of the world? ... :fuckyou:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor has it that My World was played at soundcheck.

Have they played If The World more recently than in Osaka? Love that song.

I think you misread my post. ;)

To answer your question though, If The World was played at most of the 2010 Canadian shows, if not all of them. It's a shame it lost its spot as a regular. The improvisation sections worked awesome live, and it had a nice spot in the set list with Fortus' solo and Live and Let Die, kind of like the "James Bond" section of the show.

They're such good people, why they get publically ridiculed so often is beyond my comprehension.

Really? Like what? Enlighten me. I'd love to hear a justifiable reason for the bashing of Mormons. Or at least why they get it more than Jehovah Witness, Buddhism, Muslims...even Catholicism...how many of their priests have raped kids? Trust me, I know plenty about Mormons/Mormonism, and they are good people, despite some of their "non conventional" beliefs. When was the last time you heard about a Mormon murderer? or rapist? Sure there's probably a few, but compared to the rest of the world? ... :fuckyou:

Plenty of religions have very nice people. But not all religions are as easily proven to be outright false as mormonism is. Not a single bit of it adds up. Which is what makes it so curious that so many choose to believe, inevitably leading to their ridicule.

For further reading...

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/fighting_words/2011/10/is_mormonism_a_cult_who_cares_it_s_their_weird_and_sinister_beli.html

Edited by tuyfuvk17

Oh...so you're one of those.

Personally, I think all religion is bullshit. Maher and Carlin have it right.

Mormonism is just asinine. Makes no sense. I don't care how good the people are that follow it, the fact of the matter is, they are dumb enough to follow it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKqqGX0DEMM

Edited by Yesterdays-Civil-War

This is the irony of Mormonism and the sole reason humanity even tolerates them. They aren't terrible people for the most part. Having said that, Mormons offend me as a Jew and as a human being. I will do everything in my power to see them ridiculed and mocked as there very existence mocks mine. Anyone who reads the book of Mormon and then believes it doesn't deserve my air. It is incomprehensibly nonsensical to the point of delirium. There is nothing to discuss.

Edited by smokingarthur

This is the irony of Mormonism and the sole reason humanity even tolerates them. They aren't terrible people for the most part. Having said that, Mormons offend me as a Jew and as a human being. I will do everything in my power to see them ridiculed and mocked as there very existence mocks mine. Anyone who reads the book of Mormon and then believes it doesn't deserve my air. It is incomprehensibly nonsensical to the point of delirium. There is nothing to discuss.

:shrugs: And this is why we continue to have worlds wars, its not worth fighting over guys <_<

Be tolerant of everyone & their beliefs. :fuckyou:

Loves how GNR plays Salt Lake City and a fight over Mormonism breaks out on a GNR forum.

Was hoping to get updates, not a religion lesson.

Here's hoping GNR never plays Israel, Mecca, or anywhere Buddha once visited.

Cheers,

Andrew

+1

Anyone that has a twitter account, let @gunsnroses know that you want #OMG played tonight.

Mr. Brownstone now

GN'R can't play in Mecca because they are not Muslim.

Goddamnit I wish they would drop some of the AFD songs and replace them with new songs.

I think there's a comfortable amount of Appetite material now, whereas in, say, 2002 pretty much the whole set was Appetite, excluding many songs from even the Illusion-era.

Songs like Jungle, Sweet Child, and Paradise will always be there. Of the current regulars in the set, that leaves Easy, Brownstone, and Rocket Queen. It wouldn't be terrible to lose any of those, or at least rotate them, but I think it's a good amount that satisfies all eras of Guns fans. It's So Easy and Brownstone work nice following Jungle, and the crowd really responds to Rocket Queen.

Also, Nightrain kicks so much ass by this line-up that it HAS to stay.

@Paul Stanley, I'm just relaying what GNR is posting from their Twitter account.

Gotcha. Back to religion and fake updates then. :lol: