BREAKING NEWS: The band members getting in the Hall of Fame

SONOFABITCH

I got this via email. This is from the Director of Communications at the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame. The members of GNR getting in the Hall of Fame are:

Hi,

Here you are. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

Guns N’ Roses

• Axl Rose

• Slash

• Izzy Stradlin

• Duff McKagan

• Steven Adler

• Matt Sorum

• Dizzy Reed

/SOB

Great news ! Really happy about the HOF decision. :)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW... Matt.

To me:

Tommy > Matt

Pitman > Matt

Huge Tobias > Matt

Zakk Wylde in GnR > Matt

Dusted drum machine in the basement of Axls mansion > Matt

All mygnrforum.com members from God and up > Matt

The first three are even serious suggestions to pass Matt. I just dont see what he did for the band, a total spare part that sometimes acts like he did something grand for them.

That being said, I would have been happy with the originals + Dizzy.

Paul Tobias > Matt...

You can't be serious...

The You Could Be Mine drum parts are more iconic than whatever Tobias has ever contributed to Chinese...

Tobias almost did not tour with the band either...

Besides, let's be honest, it's becoming pretty clear that the RnR HOF doesn't consider Chinese to be a real Guns n' Roses album so their decision makes sense.

Besides, do you really want Paul Tobias, the guy whose sole merit is to be friend with Axl, to be inducted in the RnR HOF ?

Come on...

WOW... Matt.

To me:

Tommy > Matt

Pitman > Matt

Huge Tobias > Matt

Zakk Wylde in GnR > Matt

Dusted drum machine in the basement of Axls mansion > Matt

All mygnrforum.com members from God and up > Matt

The first three are even serious suggestions to pass Matt. I just dont see what he did for the band, a total spare part that sometimes acts like he did something grand for them.

That being said, I would have been happy with the originals + Dizzy.

Don't get me wrong i dont really like matt but to say he did nothing for the band is just plain stupid, He learnt 40 songs in two weeks and was the reason they could tour back in 91. Really some of you really need to see the facts before you slate someone !!!!!!!!!

Well...uh...I suppose a considerable majority of Guns n' Roses fans would want a reunion so... :confused:

if a reunion happens, people whould still shit on Axl.

If Axl does a runion and keeps his hard feelings against Slash, people would still shit on him.

The vast majority of old-GnR fanbase would want Axl to suck Slash's cock and smile at the same time for no reason at all!

Besides, let's be honest, it's becoming pretty clear that the RnR HOF doesn't consider Chinese to be a real Guns n' Roses album so their decision makes sense.

How is that becoming pretty clear? The decision to induct the AFD lineup makes sense on the basis of the popularity the band reached at that period and the legacy that was created.

How is that becoming pretty clear? The decision to induct the AFD lineup makes sense on the basis of the popularity the band reached at that period and the legacy that was created.

Because when asked about the current GnR members, the RnR HOF CEO gave a pretty arrogant answer : "They are more than welcome to buy their tickets and attend the ceremony".

It's...pretty clear.

Because when asked about the current GnR members, the RnR HOF CEO gave a pretty arrogant answer : "They are more than welcome to buy their tickets and attend the ceremony".

It's...pretty clear.

Nice reason for Axl to tell him to fuck off...

Even though they are (logically) not inducted, giving such a shitty and arrogant answer is pretty disrespectful towards GnR's name!

It's...pretty clear.

No, it isn't pretty clear that the RnR HOF doesn't consider "Chinese to be a real GN'R album" but it is, on the other hand, pretty clear that the RnR HOF considers the AFD lineup to be the lineup deserving of induction and not the current band members. In addition, the fact that Chinese is mentioned on the RnR HOF webpage and the current band is mentioned as well as a "touring juggernaut", proves that they actually acknowledge the current lineup, but again, that they, naturally, understand which lineup made GN'R great and created the legacy that is now honored by the induction.

Of course any persons not inducted would have to buy their own tickets. That is a given. It is not a slight to current band members unless it is customary for RnR HOF to give free tickets to other band members associated with the inductees. I don't believe that is common at all.

Btw, can you give me a reference to the quote. The only reference I have found is to "John Bonham" at gunsnfnroses.com, and I would like to get to the original source of that quote.

The only real reference I have found to HOF is this:

Trunk: Guns N' Roses have changed members quite a few times over the years. Who is actually going to be inducted?

Peresman (CEO of HOF): The five original members (Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin') plus Matt Sorum and Dizzy Reed.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Radio/TV host Trunk questions RN'R Hall of Fame Foundation Prez/CEO Peresman - New York concert | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/concert-in-new-york/radio-tv-host-trunk-questions-rn-r-hall-of-fame-foundation-prez-ceo-peresman#ixzz1h4xspyZS

What else do we have?

Edited by SoulMonster

Matt never wrote any music for GN'R.

Chris, Bucket, Brain and Tommy all should be inducted.

I am happy that the old band are being inducted but these guys should be as well.

They really shouldn't..... I think Dizzy is a stretch.. Didn't Axl play most of the piano parts on the album and then Dizzy played them live? I could do without Matt getting in there too but he did play on the UYI's albums.. As for Chris, Bucket, Brain and Tommy.. be realistic, Chinese Democracy has zero to do with the induction.

Last I checked Chinese Democracy is a Guns N' Roses album.

Are you an idiot?

I love you people who have no clue how to hold an argument so you resort to insulting others when you have been defeated.

Chinese Democracy and the band behind it are the reasons Guns N' Roses is still a working machine. That needs to be acknowledged and respected as much as the contributors to the beginning of this band.

I disagree. I think this version, lets call it the CD version should be judged/acknowledged/respected on its own merits. The era that ended in 93 deserves this induction for what they achieved.

Lets judge the current guys on what they can do. Sorry but so far they are not hall of fame material, maybe one day but not now. If they were inducted now it would be on the back of the work of others.

What Ive just typed is the truth. Im not being arrogant but it really is. No disrespect or point scoring but it simply is the reality.

I understand what you're saying, but this new band (not particularly this current incarnation) but the blokes I have mentioned in my previous posts have had to work pretty hard through all the negative press and maintain the musical standard the original band stamped. Chris and the boys have done an excellent job of maintaining and growing the lagacy of Guns N' Roses which to me is very deserving of a HOF induction.

I wouldnt say that they have grown the legacy in any meaningfull way. I dont think its enough im afraid. I just dont think that some people are understanding what GNR did back then. They were BIG. Not in a mainstream way but in an every 13-17 year old kid in the fucking world knew all the songs. They were being talked of as the next Stones and no one batted an eyelid because it was just natural that that was how it was going to be. Slash was as much in demand as Ax if not more. Major magazines would put Duff the fucking drunk bassist on the cover and it would sell tons more.

THIS is the reason why they are getting inducted. Fuck I remember when Gilby broke his arm or something and Izzy came back for a show or two. The news was all over the main radio and even in the tabloids.

You make a very good point. It seems to me that there are quite a few younger people on here that just dont realize how big this band was In the early 90's. Sometimes It feels like yesterday standing In line at the local record store for the midnight release of the Illusion albums or standing amongst a crowd of 60,000 people at three rivers stadium on the Use Your Illusion Tour, Than again sometimes It feels like a lifetime ago. Anyway(not knocking the current band,seen them twice on this tour and they were great) but the Chinese Democracy album and playing to 5-6,000 people per night on the current tour does nothing to justify the new members being Inducted.

I totally agree that some don't realize the magnitude of the band back then. Hell...Rock n Roll was different back then. It was much more mainstream and much more talked about and reported on than it is now. The scale of the media that surrounded GNR back then can be compared to the scale that now surrounds crap like Bieber and Lady GaGa.