BREAKING NEWS: The band members getting in the Hall of Fame

SONOFABITCH

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of me wonders if the whole Chinese Democracy thing has woken Axl up to the fact that the new band will never be as huge as the old band.

There are big signs that point to a reunion....playing with Izzy....playing with Duff....Duff opening for him.

Maybe Axl's tour is one way to thank the current band and close the chapter.

A full GNR reunion would be the hugest thing to hit rock music of the decade. Axl may just be sick of all the bs and criticism and just say "F it."

The Stones went through a breakup and Richards/Jagger had about a 5 year rift in the 80's. Then they got back together, made "Steel Wheels" (a subpar album) and toured as the biggest act in rock for another 20 years.

There's no reason why these guys couldn't get back together and fill stadiums.

The fact that Axl accepted and will be in the same place at the same time gives hope.

Well that was fast.

According to broskirose on "the other forum"...

I'm listening to Trunks show. The CEO of the HOF said that Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven all got back to them and said they are coming to the induction.

Can anyone confirm this?

If Axl has indeed agreed to appear- color me surprised. VERY surprised. That said- seems like a lot of things in Axl's/GNR's world start with the best of intentions only to get derailed before execution (for whatever the reasons)...

I'll believe it when I see it. I aslo hope to God Axl knows what kind of REUNION shit-storm he'd be setting himself (and the current band) up for if he were ever to go through with this... :thumbsup:

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

Part of me wonders if the whole Chinese Democracy thing has woken Axl up to the fact that the new band will never be as huge as the old band.

There are big signs that point to a reunion....playing with Izzy....playing with Duff....Duff opening for him.

Maybe Axl's tour is one way to thank the current band and close the chapter.

A full GNR reunion would be the hugest thing to hit rock music of the decade. Axl may just be sick of all the bs and criticism and just say "F it."

The Stones went through a breakup and Richards/Jagger had about a 5 year rift in the 80's. Then they got back together, made "Steel Wheels" (a subpar album) and toured as the biggest act in rock for another 20 years.

There's no reason why these guys couldn't get back together and fill stadiums.

The fact that Axl accepted and will be in the same place at the same time gives hope.

There would be plenty of money to made- but I have a hard time imagining a reunited "Old Guns" being functional enough for any extended period of time to make it... Plus as Axl is keen to say... he would be the one left holding the bag if and when anything went wrong. I just can't imagine him putting himself in that position unless he was seriously hard-up for cash... and even then... his financial situation would need to be pretty fucking dire IMHO.

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

For f*ck's sake!

If Axl goes for a reunion now, he would be pissing all over the last 15 years. And who is to say that the former members would even be able to work with him anymore? Please remember that they LEFT and probably had their reasons for doing so. All of them (except steven) are quite content with what they are doing right now and judging by what they (especially Slash, Duff and Matt) have said about Axl in the past, would they really want to indulge in that head ach again?

I think EVERYONE (past and present members) should be involved in the induction performances with mixed line-up of old and new. It would be a bit like a 'handing over the torch' moment and the rest of us (that are still in doubt) can finally move on.

Anyway, is anybody recording the Eddie Trunk show? Or at least have some quotes from it that they would like to share?

Edited by KiraMPD

He can't win either way :

-He goes : the new band is finished.

-He doesn't : he once again exposes himself as the one that holds grugdes forever and as an asshole who couldn't make the slightest effort. The new band won't be there either, hence, they really aren't Guns n' Roses.

He's fucked. :shrugs:

I say he attends and brings the new band with him, perfoms one song with old and one with new :thumbsup:

You know what? Why the hell not? He can do BOTH.

This.

I've been wanting this from the start.

Edited by russtcb

He can't win either way :

-He goes : the new band is finished.

-He doesn't : he once again exposes himself as the one that holds grugdes forever and as an asshole who couldn't make the slightest effort. The new band won't be there either, hence, they really aren't Guns n' Roses.

He's fucked. :shrugs:

I say he attends and brings the new band with him, perfoms one song with old and one with new :thumbsup:

You know what? Why the hell not? He can do BOTH.

This.

I've been wanting this from the start.

Agreed. People running around saying either thing can't happen (ie. playing a song or appearing on stage with the old group, playing a song or acknowledging the new guys), are full of shit. We have no idea what has been going on behind the scenes, but it does seem like Axl has made his peace with what happened. Why can't these people? Axl can appear on a stage with the old guys and the world will not implode.

That was predictable! Feel bad for Gilby tho...

Me too actually, Gilby deserves a place up there.

As much as I love Chinese Democracy and NuGuns more than real Guns

You know what I love about this? You state that you like the new band better than the old band, but you recognize that the old Guns are the real Guns. Awesome. I totally respect this man and his opinions.

this is a reply for mr smooth and anyone else from broskierose ......

to all the mygnr brats who doubt my reliabilty, you suck. ps, montrealer steals from little kids

Pass this back to him word for word. "If this was in the least bit real it would come from more sources than you. Trunk himself would have tweeted about it. I'm sorry that your pathetic little cupcake attempt failed, maybe you should try harder next time. Good day."

great news, i'll support them individually, but seeing them in the same room even if it is 100mts apart will be nice...

Reunion starts........................

bad joke, i know

My response - hey damn_retarted, it has come from more sources then me. as you can see hitmanhart408 has confirmed what I said http://www.mygnrforu...dpost&p=2974234 . i need to catch some z's. goodnight sir.

Learn how to spell retarded and we'll talk.

WIN

Sometimes I wish the GN'R fan base didn't see everything as so cut and dried all the time.

There is no reason whatsoever why Axl Rose can't go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony to be inducted with the original members of a band he's still part of and then go right back to being in that band himself.

In a vacuum. Yeah. Sure. Unfortunately, we don't live in a vacuum. IMHO Axl appearing on stage and appearing friendly (or even just civil) with the alumni will result in an all-encompassing media and public shit-storm of folks flat out DEMANDING a reunion. When it didn't happen- Axl and the new band would take all the blame. It's career suicide IMHO- unless Axl's actually contemplating a reunion (which I would rate at less than 1%- though maybe Duff comes back some day or something if Tommy decides to move on].

Now- if Axl were ever in a sincerely celebratory/nostalgic mood (but with no intentions of reuniting)- maybe he could throw a secret party with the alumni (or some of them anyway) and maybe even some current members of the Guns line-up (DJ, Tommy, Bumble) somewhere secluded and personally congratulate everybody, reminisce, etc. after the induction. That would be a cool thing to hear about several weeks/months after the fact IMHO- but wouldn't invite all the trouble and headaches a formal appearance at the RnRHOF would cause...

I think they owe it to themselves, to their peers, their fans, and the people who influenced them to show up and embrace the accolades for a night.

Why does Axl doing a single song or a few songs with the old band mean the end of the new band? Clapton did a few songs with Cream, then went right back to his solo tour (although he then did a few Cream shows later). REM played a few songs with an ex member, who then left and they went back on tour with their new line-up. No one expects a one-off performance to be the end of the new band. Calm down.

Also, no one said they will all be there, they will all be INDUCTED. So whoever was talking about this being a confirmation of who would be there....no.

Matt never wrote any music for GN'R.

Chris, Bucket, Brain and Tommy all should be inducted.

I am happy that the old band are being inducted but these guys should be as well.

They really shouldn't..... I think Dizzy is a stretch.. Didn't Axl play most of the piano parts on the album and then Dizzy played them live? I could do without Matt getting in there too but he did play on the UYI's albums.. As for Chris, Bucket, Brain and Tommy.. be realistic, Chinese Democracy has zero to do with the induction.

Last I checked Chinese Democracy is a Guns N' Roses album.

Are you an idiot?

I love you people who have no clue how to hold an argument so you resort to insulting others when you have been defeated.

Chinese Democracy and the band behind it are the reasons Guns N' Roses is still a working machine. That needs to be acknowledged and respected as much as the contributors to the beginning of this band.

I disagree. I think this version, lets call it the CD version should be judged/acknowledged/respected on its own merits. The era that ended in 93 deserves this induction for what they achieved.

Lets judge the current guys on what they can do. Sorry but so far they are not hall of fame material, maybe one day but not now. If they were inducted now it would be on the back of the work of others.

What Ive just typed is the truth. Im not being arrogant but it really is. No disrespect or point scoring but it simply is the reality.

I understand what you're saying, but this new band (not particularly this current incarnation) but the blokes I have mentioned in my previous posts have had to work pretty hard through all the negative press and maintain the musical standard the original band stamped. Chris and the boys have done an excellent job of maintaining and growing the lagacy of Guns N' Roses which to me is very deserving of a HOF induction.

It's not about how hard you work. I bet Faster Pussycat worked hard too. Any band that gained some notoriety did. Doesn't make you HOF material. Spunko is right.

Even with their hard work, they had it relatively easy. They joined a band that already had one of the biggest names and one of the best and most notorious frontmen. They were/are probably well paid, and there was a lot of downtime where they could do their own thing (solo work, touring with other acts).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally. Even though it certainly doesn't mean Axl performing with Slash, this is finally a victory for fans that love the old band. My tune hasn't changed in 12 years of posting on GNR boards.

Man, I am on the fence about this. First of all, like someone else said, I'll believe it when I see it. Not going to get my hopes up based on what someone from the HOF says. They clearly want people to believe both Axl and Slash will be there, and I don't put it past them to say it will happen even if they haven't crossed all the i's and dotted all the t's. Even if they have, something can go wrong.

Also, having a one off reunion show would be so bittersweet. It wouldn't even be a show, it would be like a half hour. And it would be cool, but it would be over so fast and you know folks are just going to want a proper reunion after it's done. If they could somehow find a way to co-exist and put out an album, along with a big tour, that would be fucking amazing.