Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven will be at the ceremony

Bobbo

I suppose you guys want recordings of the phone calls as well. :rolleyes:

The CEO said that each camp said they're coming. Why would Axl have his people say that if he either wasn't sure, or had no intent to come?

Why didn't Axl just say "no, I'm focused on what GNR is now" or something instead of leaving it open ended? He knew had they been inducted, Slash would be apart of it. Maybe the tension is simmering down...at least to a point where they can accept the award on the same stage. There's more evidence out there now suggesting that it's more likely to happen than not at this point...

Personally, I think they are going to perform together. I don't know why I just have a hunch. Then when they do, it will be inevitable that a reunion will happen. I just think Axl will want to do it because he knows that it will look bad on him if he doesn't. Every former member has come out and said they are cool with him. He knows he'll look like the idiot and I'm sure he doesn't want it turning into Van Halen 2.0. That's what I reckon.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Only on a GNR board can you say you don't like one member of the band and have 500 fangirls calling for you to be banned.

troll_detected.png

talk about selling crap with your name on it

SLASH STORE

1000$ an autographed plaque? Since when do we have to pay that much for a f'n signature of Myles Kennedy guitar player? (notice how I can cupcake like you?)

Slash cupcakes... They never fail to amuse me. It's a shame they make me hate a guy I loved so much...

Yeah I had nothing but respect for Slash until I've started reading posts by Slasholes. Way to ruin one of my favorite musicians for me dickheads.

Sometimes it feels like the people who love both Slash and Axl are in the minority. Or at least overshadowed by everyone else

Its like me personally, I love both the new and old band (even though old-GNR is my usual preference).

To go off on these immature tirades either against Axl or Slash is like wearing a huge sign on your head that says "Don't take anything I say seriously".

I was always a huge fan of the old Guns, especially Slash and Izzy. What sold me for new Guns were the musicians and the songs from CD. I was won over quickly but that doesn't mean I don't love the old Guns. Guns N' Roses to me will always be a bunch of guys playing together and writing music together. CD has songs that were clearly the ideas of the bandmembers at the time of recording. Shackler's was Buckethead, Better was Finck, IFW was Pitman. They all wrote the songs together.

Slash is the only piece of the puzzle left. Axl may still express cynicism toward Matt, Izzy and Duff (he hung out with all of them since '06, but also then publicly called their motives into question later - implying Duff purposely got a hotel room next to him, Izzy manipulated his way into the tour for monetary gain, etc.) -- but it seems like overall he's at least cool with being around them. I thought it was fairly touching how he asked for a light to be shone on Duff at the Seattle show after YCBM -- seemed like he was really proud. Classic Axl: he may not always be logical but he goes with his emotions, and you could tell that moment meant a lot to him just based on how happy he was to let Duff be acknowledged.

So I can see this being legit. The only piece of the puzzle left is Slash -- whether Axl will feel comfortable being that close to him is a looming 'maybe.'

The CEO said that each camp said they're coming. Why would Axl have his people say that if he either wasn't sure, or had no intent to come?

Why didn't Axl just say "no, I'm focused on what GNR is now" or something instead of leaving it open ended? He knew had they been inducted, Slash would be apart of it. Maybe the tension is simmering down...at least to a point where they can accept the award on the same stage. There's more evidence out there now suggesting that it's more likely to happen than not at this point...

Why do you take what Axl's camp says seriously now when you have serious doubts about when Slash showed up at Axl's house?

Seriously though, we must have listened to two different interviews. In the one I heard the guy sounded like a rambling moron that didn't know what he was talking about. And we don't know if Axl knew that the new guys weren't going to be with him at the time of any conversation that might or might not have taken place.

If he shows up, great. If not, it's not going to surprise me in the least.

I was always a huge fan of the old Guns, especially Slash and Izzy. What sold me for new Guns were the musicians and the songs from CD. I was won over quickly but that doesn't mean I don't love the old Guns. Guns N' Roses to me will always be a bunch of guys playing together and writing music together. CD has songs that were clearly the ideas of the bandmembers at the time of recording. Shackler's was Buckethead, Better was Finck, IFW was Pitman. They all wrote the songs together.

Yeah definitely, I totally get where you are coming from. I love all of the different influences that were brought together with Chinese Democracy and especially this tour is a great example of how well the current band plays

I have mixed feelings about the use of the GNR name. I totally respect and understand both sides of the argument, so much so where I myself do not have a yes/no answer to what I think is the right choice.

Most importantly, regardless of the name issue, every lineup have been badass and worth checking out IMO, because it is all about the music and even though I prefer old-GNR, the new lineup is fucking amazing and I cannot wait until I see them in 2 days :thumbsup:

Yeah definitely, I totally get where you are coming from. I love all of the different influences that were brought together with Chinese Democracy and especially this tour is a great example of how well the current band plays

I have mixed feelings about the use of the GNR name. I totally respect and understand both sides of the argument, so much so where I myself do not have a yes/no answer to what I think is the right choice.

Most importantly, regardless of the name issue, every lineup have been badass and worth checking out IMO, because it is all about the music and even though I prefer old-GNR, the new lineup is fucking amazing and I cannot wait until I see them in 2 days :thumbsup:

I think that the majority of people here are huge fans of Slash's work in GN'R. It's his fanbase and his body of work post GN'R that have turned me off on him. Mostly his fanbase.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Great.Old guys deserved it,but on the other hand new band is amazing.Also Old guys with Axl will be parody of one amazing band.

The best prove for it is Duff apereances on civil war and you could be many in last two shows.Only blind man can not see it.

With this ceremony old band will go to history,legend and immortality on one amazing way...

i'm sure there won't be a reunion

Edited by gnrkoncerti

I hope you have a great time. They will make sure you go home happy.

I respect Slash/Myles even though I think Myles is a fuckhead. Its nice to see Slash found himself a singer who he can bend to his will.

I hope you have a great time. They will make sure you go home happy.

Ha yeah there is no doubt I will be a happy camper at that show :thumbsup:

I actually don't mind Myles that much. I mean of course its not the same as Axl singing those tunes but the whole band was pretty solid and was fun to watch/hear when I saw them open for Ozzy a few months back

Slash is the only piece of the puzzle left. Axl may still express cynicism toward Matt, Izzy and Duff (he hung out with all of them since '06, but also then publicly called their motives into question later - implying Duff purposely got a hotel room next to him, Izzy manipulated his way into the tour for monetary gain, etc.) -- but it seems like overall he's at least cool with being around them. I thought it was fairly touching how he asked for a light to be shone on Duff at the Seattle show after YCBM -- seemed like he was really proud. Classic Axl: he may not always be logical but he goes with his emotions, and you could tell that moment meant a lot to him just based on how happy he was to let Duff be acknowledged.

So I can see this being legit. The only piece of the puzzle left is Slash -- whether Axl will feel comfortable being that close to him is a looming 'maybe.'

I'm sorry, but when did Axl say anything about the Duff situation or the Izzy situation? I know he said something similar about Izzy around 1993, but I haven't heard anything since then. Also, I've never heard anything from Axl about Duff from 2010...and the fact that Loaded opened shows for them seems odd.

I'm sorry, but when did Axl say anything about the Duff situation or the Izzy situation? I know he said something similar about Izzy around 1993, but I haven't heard anything since then. Also, I've never heard anything from Axl about Duff from 2010...and the fact that Loaded opened shows for them seems odd.

Axl didn't imply that Duff purposefully got a room next to him, just that he thought someone had arranged it - could have been staff at the hotel thinking it would be amusing etc

Why do you take what Axl's camp says seriously now when you have serious doubts about when Slash showed up at Axl's house?

Seriously though, we must have listened to two different interviews. In the one I heard the guy sounded like a rambling moron that didn't know what he was talking about. And we don't know if Axl knew that the new guys weren't going to be with him at the time of any conversation that might or might not have taken place.

If he shows up, great. If not, it's not going to surprise me in the least.

Because it's apples and oranges and has nothing to do with each other. :rolleyes:. What would be the reason for Axl's people to say he's coming if they know he's not gonna?

I heard "everybody says they're coming". "We talked to all their managers but Dizzy and Matt" Paraphrased of course.

He doesn't deny things might change, but the CEO says he's been told they're all coming. I'll check that off as a positive.

As for "Axl not knowing if the nu band were gonna be with him" I personally doubt that. He specifically refers to the old lineup when asked about the whole HOF thing on Eddie Trunk. I don't think he was that delusional to think the nu band members were gonna get in. I think he was well aware Chinese Democracy didn't exactly set the world on fire, and that some of the people in the nu band have contributed little to nothing yet.

OK Bobbo, go ahead and get your hopes up. I'll stay cynical, and not believe it until I see it. I hope you don't mind when I laugh my ass off at you if it doesn't happen though. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

I thought you were educated enough to spell new. You've let me down.

Axl didn't imply that Duff purposefully got a room next to him, just that he thought someone had arranged it - could have been staff at the hotel thinking it would be amusing etc

Was this on twitter or in concert or something? I must have missed this. I haven't seen him comment on that at all, and according to Duff's autobiography, it was completely random (although that's only one side of the story).

The Hall of Fame made the right decision. It will be awesome to see Guns N'Roses getting this award so many years after the break-up!

I think the fact that the HOF announcement is the main topic of discussion on the board at the moment is a good indicator of what most people want - even the current tour isn't getting as much interest

If Axl's cool with Izzy, and Duff, and Adler is no position to turn down anything, they should play without Slash. Unlikely to happen, I doubt the others would go that far, but wouldn't it be the ultimate fuck you to Slash to have the whole band play without him?

He questioned whether Duff's hotel room being next to his was really as much a coincidence as he was made to believe (forget when he said this), and he said something about Izzy a couple years ago (maybe that infamous Del James interview? I simply can't recall). To paraphrase, he essentially said he was happy to have Izzy around at the time, but probably wouldn't have been as happy/let him on stage if he'd known the full story at the time. Something along the lines that he felt Izzy was taking advantage of him behind the scenes, but it was a passing comment. I'm sure someone else can provide the exact quote.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Was this on twitter or in concert or something? I must have missed this. I haven't seen him comment on that at all, and according to Duff's autobiography, it was completely random (although that's only one side of the story).

sure i remember Axl talking about it somewhere?? I could be wrong. Trunk interview???

I'm not saying it's without a doubt going to happen...but so far, there's more evidence suggesting it will than there is that it won't.

I absolutely refuse to believe it will happen until it does. There is no room for disappointment that way.

Every year that has passed since the original band / use your illusion band broke up has been a disappointment. Sure I like Chinese Democracy, it has some catchy tracks and some good musicians but it's not the same band

Duff playing with the band, and the HOF announcement are the first sensation of hope for years in relation to GNR! And it's feeling pretty good right now

Edited by rydog

Well good for you. I have more of a hope for the best, expect the worst approach to avoiding disappointment.

Hopefully Axl's people telling the CEO he's coming holds true.

Good for you too. I hope that works out for you. I expect you not to whine about it if it doesn't happen then, because I sure as hell won't.

Every year that has passed since the original band / use your illusion band broke up has been a disappointment. Sure I like Chinese Democracy, it has some catchy tracks and some good musicians but it's not the same band

I would rather have new music from this lineup than anything from any former member. I wouldn't mind one night to bury the past though.