New Axl Interview

The Real McCoy

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am guessing the problem with the label is that they are trying to get him back together with former members.

No, likely he wants to record music, and they don't want to pay for it because they already paid for a bunch of stuff that is collecting dust.

Look at his comment on the touring size, I am sure in his mind he wants another massive advance to start recording new material with his current line-up. The label likely told him to buzz off, and that if he wants to release music there is plenty of stuff on the shelves.

I am 100% sure it is nothing more than a budget dispute that has him pissed off they won't give him anymore money for what he wants to do. Whether he realizes it or not though, he has no one but himself to blame.

I think it's fucken excellent that he addressed the issues that we wanted to know about. From the managers of the past to the current status of the new material. Seems like there are only a few issues left to sort out with the label. They are going to be very busy next year too, very nice.

I am guessing the problem with the label is that they are trying to get him back together with former members.

I think it's more to do with who is paying for what, how are they going to market it, and will they push the single.

Combining this with IFW post about labels and managers wanting a reunion.

Axl wants to pay and market the music the way he wants it. He's never had control over it and was never satisfied with the outcome. Record labels will market shit just to trick people into spending their money. Its like that movie Bandslam. It was marketed as some highschool musical knockoff when it was actually a pretty good movie. Axl only wants to market things the way they are.

I think Beta is the right woman for the job.

And he already has stuff recorded, he just wants to get them released.

Edited by BirdCatcher

The counter-argument here is the same thing for the managers. Yes, there's more money to be made from a GNR reunion, but it's not going to happen. They must realize that there is some money to be made from releasing a new-Guns album, and a record company that already spent over $13 million dollars is going to want to recoup some of that money.

I think another poster may have hit on it. Axl may want to get back in the studio and tinker with previously recorded material some more, maybe record some new parts or even new songs, before deciding on a final tracklist. The label may simply refuse to spend any more money on recording until they release some of the previous songs first. Ultimately Axl may have to fund it himself or work out some kind of deal. Sitting around doing nothing won't do anybody any good.

Let's say you were a manager for GNR 10 years or so ago: the band had a lineup that was basically changing every other week, the tours were a disaster and there wasn't any new music coming out. Why the hell WOULDN'T you be pushing for a reunion??? I mean, I know there's more to the story than what we all know, but the way I see it is that with the lack of new music and promotion on Axl's part, most managers must feel like getting the band back together is really the only way to make money. You can only tour on an album that's already three years old for so long before you run out of steam. If Axl establishes a lineup, continues to tour without incidents, does his thing with the press and puts out music regularly like every other rock star does he's not going to have the record label and his managers on his ass for getting the original lineup back together. He needs the band to progress and he needs the music to progress if he wants people to move on from the old band.

I get the feeling the reason they've gone through managers so quickly is because they have been exposed as frauds if you will. More than likely they came into the picture telling Axl, and the rest of the band the things they thought they all wanted to hear. But come time to actually manage then, it becomes apparent they either aren't very good, were all hot air and were only in it to get a reunion tour or just didn't get along.

I think it's pretty well on the record Axl does not want or to be a part of a reunion ever. But each of these managers has most likely bit their tongue and waited for that right moment to bring it up.. all thinking, hey I'm special Axl will listen to me. Hey Mr Manager guy, there's the door.

I get the feeling the reason they've gone through managers so quickly is because they have been exposed as frauds if you will. More than likely they came into the picture telling Axl, and the rest of the band the things they thought they all wanted to hear. But come time to actually manage then, it becomes apparent they either aren't very good, were all hot air and were only in it to get a reunion tour or just didn't get along.

I think it's pretty well on the record Axl does not want or to be a part of a reunion ever. But each of these managers has most likely bit their tongue and waited for that right moment to bring it up.. all thinking, hey I'm special Axl will listen to me. Hey Mr Manager guy, there's the door.

It seems nobody can take the hint. If Axl even mentions the S word people will think "REUNION!"

The counter-argument here is the same thing for the managers. Yes, there's more money to be made from a GNR reunion, but it's not going to happen. They must realize that there is some money to be made from releasing a new-Guns album, and a record company that already spent over $13 million dollars is going to want to recoup some of that money.

I think another poster may have hit on it. Axl may want to get back in the studio and tinker with previously recorded material some more, maybe record some new parts or even new songs, before deciding on a final tracklist. The label may simply refuse to spend any more money on recording until they release some of the previous songs first. Ultimately Axl may have to fund it himself or work out some kind of deal. Sitting around doing nothing won't do anybody any good.

Maybe Duff will give Axl some financial advice. In return he will promote Loaded.

Only in America can you go from starting as a housekeeper to managing a Hall of Fame brand like GNR in a management team composed of yourself and your 2 children. Who says this country isn't great.

Lol! She might end up getting fired. At least another excuse will have to be found in the future. It will not be so easy to blame it on the manager now.The funny thing is I just posted on a thread last week wondering how long it would take for the last guy to get fired.

Edited by sleeper

Only in America can you go from starting as a housekeeper to managing a Hall of Fame brand like GNR in a management team composed of yourself and your 2 children. Who says this country isn't great.

Lol! She might end up getting fired. At least another excuse will have to be found in the future. It will not be so easy to blame it on the manager now.The funny thing is I just posted on a thread last week wondering how long it would take for the last guy to get fired.

Beta isn't going anywhere.

Like I said it will not be so easy to blame it on the manager now.

Like I said it will not be so easy to blame it on the manager now.

They will just blame the label.

I admire Beta for being in Axl's life. Remember she was with him for all those years when he wasn't making music, and was being ridiculed in the public eye. She's stuck with him through the bad times. So her being manager, I hope she succeeds. Otherwise the flip side might be a bad deal for all fans. I can't imagine things going back to the way they were if a big blowout happens. But I don't think that will happen. Axl clearly is comfortable having her in his life and the other band members as well. That's what GNR almost feel like, just one giant big family taking on the whole world of non believers.