Axl FINALLY has the right managemnt

CoolRanchDressing

After all the ups and downs and problems with shifty managers, I'm glad that Axl has finally put people he can trust in charge of the band. It's taken us along time to get to this point, but I have a really good, strong feeling that we are about to enter the the most productive, prolific period in Axl's career. He's granting interviews, and talking to fans and appearing in national media again, and seeming happy, and even talking up the next release. All while putting on the most blistering, ass-kicking live tour since Use Your Illusion. This can't be a coincidence. This has to all be product of effective, professional management that's sensitive to Axl's needs and supportive of his goals. I was especially encouraged to read about how Beta's going to help clear the way for a new album by dealing with the record label for Axl. Holy shit. That is just what the doctor ordered. She may be the one person tough enough to crack a few heads down at the greedy record company office and get Axl what he needs to put the next album out.

Usually, I would never, ever under any circumstances support anyone giving Axl an ultimatum like she did when she told Axl she would quit working with him if he didn't let her and her family be the managers. One, I do not think anyone should ever tell Axl Rose what he has to do. But also because I was a little worried to hear Beta threaten to leave Axl because we know how unique and special their relationship has been, and even if she was only saying that to motivate him to let her be the manager, it still seems a little extreme consdiering how much we know Axl loves and needs her. Nobody wants to lose their 'mother,' even if it's not his mother by blood, but the "Mother of the Band." But it worked, and now Axl for once has a Manager that he can trust completely and we can also be absoluitely sure that she will never try and get him to reunite with the old band because she, of all people, understands how hurtful they have been.

We've had some great times and some dark times with this band. But now that we've finally got Beta and people we can trust at the wheel, I really feel like we're about to enter the "Golden Years" of Guns N' Roses.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as the management of late has been top notch. Doesn't this whole "putting someone in charge who is already part of the band" just remind you of Jeanine taking over the management in Spinal Tap?

As much as the management of late has been top notch. Doesn't this whole "putting someone in charge who is already part of the band" just remind you of Jeanine taking over the management in Spinal Tap?

watch how nothing happens now.

At least "proper management" would prompt Axl to actually do someting. Where as Beta & her offspring will just be the same sycophantic suck ups as ever.

Do you think they care about the new record? NO

Axl has blown some of the top management in the world to settle for this second rate "nanny".

I think we should wait to see if she's competent before we praise or criticize her.

i under stand where you are coming from with this, however, just a few things;

- We know she has the best intentions for the band and for axl at heart and can trust that because if anything in the band happens detrimentally then it will affect her life in the same way.

- when you say competent whom are we comparing her too? the managers who set up tours without informing the band? the managers who tried to break them up to reunite the old one? the guy who left after a month? the list goes on

but anyway, since she has been managing the band we have had a US tour, constant Facebook updating with info and photos, a decent Twitter feed, occasional Youtube videos, a new website in the making, a TV interview, an evolving setlist to keep to what the fans want (during 3hour shows!) and a band who look happy together are enjoying their gigs and getting better and better.

sounds like she is doing well to me

Usually, I would never, ever under any circumstances support anyone giving Axl an ultimatum like she did when she told Axl she would quit working with him if he didn't let her and her family be the managers.

when did this happen?

I have no idea where this is coming from. I sincerely doubt the actual truth to it too (willing to be proven wrong though!)

Usually, I would never, ever under any circumstances support anyone giving Axl an ultimatum like she did when she told Axl she would quit working with him if he didn't let her and her family be the managers.

when did this happen?

I have no idea where this is coming from. I sincerely doubt the actual truth to it too (willing to be proven wrong though!)

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-et-12-20-axl-rose-interview-20111221,0,691973.story

""We decided, 'No more managers,'" said Lebeis a few days after the Seattle concert. "Between me and Fernando and my daughter, we're dealing with the management." Lebeis added that she characterizes Rose as "more than a son to me," and that after Katsis' departure, "I told [Rose] if he hires another manager, I quit." One of the Lebeis three is almost always at Rose's side, be it in paparazzi photos or side stage during concerts, near the little makeshift dressing room that Rose frequently races into during guitar solos, or on that rare occasion when he actually sits down with a journalist."

Judging from the 2011 results, as cruel as it seems, I think maybe Beta should have threatened to leave Axl unless she could be the manager years ago. From what we've read on the forum, she's been really cool to the fans at shows, sometimes giving them backstage passes. That, combined with her mother-like love for Axl tells me she has what it takes to be trusted with managing GnR's business.

but anyway, since she has been managing the band we have had a US tour, constant Facebook updating with info and photos, a decent Twitter feed, occasional Youtube videos, a new website in the making, a TV interview, an evolving setlist to keep to what the fans want (during 3hour shows!) and a band who look happy together are enjoying their gigs and getting better and better.

sounds like she is doing well to me

That was Peter Katsis. She has only been in charge the last few weeks.

Without Axl's personal appreciation, would these people be in the music industry, managing a major rock band? I don't think so.

I met Beta. She isn't half the devil many people think she is, in fact she is a very nice person. But when it comes to represent the band, she is quite a diva, stubborn and undiplomatic and in that not helping the band at all. I think she really wants only the best for Axl but she has no idea how to go about it towards the band members, promoters, venues, media, fans, even after all these years. She doesn't seem to get the simple fact that other people's time is just as valuable as Axl's time. And it doesn't make a difference if that's because of her being a yes-person or just an overprotective friend. It hurts the band.

A manager needs a distance to be a good manager. A distance that Beta, because of her long and close relationship to Axl, can and will never have. That's what fucked up half of the past decade for Guns N' Roses as a band, doing business with friends and family. See how far it got Axl in terms of creativity and productivity. It's almost 2012 and he's probably having more lawsuits than new songs, performing a greatest hits revue with two of the most uncool, cheesy and ridiculous guitarists out there because no one else wants to cope with the shit in that "band" anymore. All that is not Beta's fault, but I don't think this is what Axl had in mind ten years ago either, so much for her "managing" the band.

You can't argue with results. And the results for 2011 have been purely magical. This tour has been amazing, Axl's done tons of promotion, he looks and sounds better than ever, we got Youtube, Twitter and Facebook updates, and Axl graciously through Duff and the old fans a bone by letting him open for them. If you're not impressed by this tour, then you simply will not allow yourself to be impressed by Guns N' Roses anymore. Which is your sad loss.

As for the Beta's ultimatum... at first, I was a little shocked by that. Not because I don't think she would make amazing manager -- I do, and think that this has been a long time coming. I was just a little shocked to because I do not think she should ever threaten to do something so severe as leaving Axl, even if iit's to help him in the long run by managing all his business affairs for him. It would be unforgivably terrible for her to betray Axl in that way and take her family away from him, especially after Stephanie Seymour did that too him and we all know how much that hurt Axl emotionally.

But I think deep down, she really wasn't going to do that. She was just saying that to get Axl to do what was in his best interest. So, in way, that proves that Beta has the hard-nosed, cut-throat negotiating skills necessary be a real business manager. Just so long as she uses her shark-like business skills for good -- like getting Chinese Democracy 2 released, and not something bad, like forcing Axl to reunite with the old band.

Can you imagine Beta dishing it out to the label bosses and record execs? Holy shit, heads are going to roll. Finally, Axl's got a real fighter in his corner.

I post this hesitantly and as someone who supports most every move made by Axl:

At all the shows I've been to I have talked to people in line, with production, and inside the circle and they all bring up the notion that Axl cannot so much as scratch as itch without Beta's involvement. The Monster Energy guy I talked to said that the camp was divided over a power struggle between the "Brazilians" and real management/promoters. He also said he had done some work with Slash and that Slash says that Beta is Axl's real problem. Remember back when MSL supposedly talked to Beta on the phone, he said she said everything that is wrong is Slash's fault. Now, this could all be hearsay and stupidity, but there could also be an element of smoke=fire. It is interesting how she is always there, whether on stage or by his side.

Personally, Beta seemed real nice in our brief encounter. Fernando has been nothing but nice to me the few times we chatted and even hooked me up a couple times. He also seems to be a positive force for good with all the updating, which IMO has changed the trajectory of this band and begun to win over many fans on FB/Twitter what not. Simple apologies for the cancelled shows and keeping people up to date really go a long way. So, I take all the rumors with a grain of salt, but one has to wonder.

I don`t know if Beta or anyone else of the Lebeis clan is a good manager, but Axl seems to trust her. I reckon managing a rock band is a very tough job, considering how much money, legal work and planning is involved. So I reckon that there is currently no "formal" manager position, but I hope they will be smart enough to let professionals do the work in the respective areas (legal, touring, PR). I think that the music industry is a shark pool, so without veteran help you may be dead in the water.

I have nothing but good wishes for Beta as Manager, but having a management phd I have to deal with lawyers and contract work everyday, so I know how tough it is.

I don`t know if Beta or anyone else of the Lebeis clan is a good manager, but Axl seems to trust her. I reckon managing a rock band is a very tough job, considering how much money, legal work and planning is involved. So I reckon that there is currently no "formal" manager position, but I hope they will be smart enough to let professionals do the work in the respective areas (legal, touring, PR). I think that the music industry is a shark pool, so without veteran help you may be dead in the water.

I have nothing but good wishes for Beta as Manager, but having a management phd I have to deal with lawyers and contract work everyday, so I know how tough it is.

you should ring up axl, worth a try B)

Without Axl's personal appreciation, would these people be in the music industry, managing a major rock band? I don't think so.

I met Beta. She isn't half the devil many people think she is, in fact she is a very nice person. But when it comes to represent the band, she is quite a diva, stubborn and undiplomatic and in that not helping the band at all. I think she really wants only the best for Axl but she has no idea how to go about it towards the band members, promoters, venues, media, fans, even after all these years. She doesn't seem to get the simple fact that other people's time is just as valuable as Axl's time. And it doesn't make a difference if that's because of her being a yes-person or just an overprotective friend. It hurts the band.

A manager needs a distance to be a good manager. A distance that Beta, because of her long and close relationship to Axl, can and will never have. That's what fucked up half of the past decade for Guns N' Roses as a band, doing business with friends and family. See how far it got Axl in terms of creativity and productivity. It's almost 2012 and he's probably having more lawsuits than new songs, performing a greatest hits revue with two of the most uncool, cheesy and ridiculous guitarists out there because no one else wants to cope with the shit in that "band" anymore. All that is not Beta's fault, but I don't think this is what Axl had in mind ten years ago either, so much for her "managing" the band.

Sharon-Osbourne42.jpg

Beta had been an executive assistant prior to being Stephanie's nanny for the kid, and over the past decade as part of handling Axl, has become educated with how a touring operation works, talking to promoters and seeing how other "industry gurus" did it. As far as the trucks, size of the venue, and all the logistics stuff, that was worked out years ago and prob. knows about it now.

I don't see anything about her as being a bad manager, but between 4 people, it's also making Axl more accessible and open to ideas from them that an Azoff or a McGhee might be too old school to think about. She was there for the Merck & Goldstein era. The company redesigning the GNR website sounds like they're also going to be offering up a lot of new ideas so GNR can maintain the current fanbase, and find ways to gain new fans along the way.

I think Axl's concern with the new music is mostly about how he's going to find the best way to promote it, and make it worth the time and money to put new music out, because the current climate is awfully discouraging a lot of people from putting something out they're going to acquire for free. But I think they need a new song, the same way they put out Civil War and Oh My God, while people are waiting for something new, and just put out a single download.