Fan jumps Gn'R stage during Nightrain

ChristianGNR

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl was great dealing with that! I'll be the first to admit I'm surprised given his reputation, but that was a class act. Well done! ^_^

And yeah, like mentioned before you just HAVE to be cautious these days. If the guy had a weapon with him there could have been some serious carnage.

I've actually jumped on stage during a gig quite a few times myself. Just to do a stagedive or whatever. Most recently last week, actually, great to still do that at 27. :P

I've seen people jump on and sing a verse in the microphone before getting kicked off stage. It's pretty fun.

But that's usually at small club venues. Never the big high-profile stuff Guns do.

I wonder how he did it though...stagediving to GnR would be an awesome thing to check off my list. :D

You could always dress up as a dolphin :rofl-lol:

Security has a job and they did their job by taking a fan who does not have access to the stage off....the venue's security takes him out of the building. They can't wait to find out if the person doesn't mean any harm....by virtue of jumping on the stage this individual has proven he is not capable of controlling himself so someone else had to do it for him. Also the girl in Vancouver was invited on stage she did not rush the stage...big difference.

+1

Only complaint I would have with security in this case is that the kid ever managed to get up there in the first place. Axl's a polarizing figure that many nut jobs either obsessively hate or irrationally idolize and I personally wouldn't want either brand anywhere near him. You wanna jump on stage?? Do it when fucking Great White comes to town and plays the 500 seat bar down the street. Stay the fuck away from Axl or any other Gunner for that matter- UNLESS they CHOOSE to engage with you from stage in some way...

Kudos to Axl for handling it well... Though I gotta believe someone got an earful after the show...

I have to say I'm blown away by how Axl handled that. WOW. The fan even got to sing a few words into the microphone and it seemed like Axl laughed. Bumble was cool as usual too, was scary how security tackled the fan right next to Bumble... Could have hurt him, especially with a heavy guitar in his hands... This is even cooler than the time Axl kicked out the security for beating up the fan in the crowd! When a fan jumped the stage at a Tool concert, Maynard tackled him and then sat on him whilst singing the rest of the song... Hope this makes it on Blabbermouth, this is cool as. Hats off Axl, kudos to you.

Edited by Young_Gun

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I thought Axl was about to fasten him up for a clothesline there. :rofl-lol:

Bumblefoot is so down to earth and unpretentious; he was going to chill with that dude and then those mobsters attack the man endangering Ron in the process.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Bumblefoot is so down to earth and unpretentious; he was going to chill with that dude and then those mobsters attack the man endangering Ron in the process.

Yep, most security have a mobster mentality and resort to fast and brutal actions without thinking. They could have easily knocked Ron over with a heavy guitar in his hands, which could easily have broken a few bones...

True, the guy has proven to be really fuckin' cool and down-to-earth.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Yep, most security have a mobster mentality and resort to fast and brutal actions without thinking. They could have easily knocked Ron over with a heavy guitar in his hands, which could easily have broken a few bones...

& the perhaps most annoying aspect of the response is that Fernando (who must be aware of Ron's condition) was part of the duo that tackled the invader in such an over the top manner.

You can see Ron, who can appreciate the fan’s motivations given his own humble background as a musician, is like “The fuck?” in response to the conduct of both Fernando and the bald dude.

You can also see Axl’s response switch from laying into guy to nah he’s harmless and genuine.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Security fail - he never should've made it to Axl. He dealt with the kid, and THEN they tackle him....right into Ron's back. Way to go. Think about all the people in the band and on the side of the stage, and no one stopped him.

Jagger had on stage security...

"Yeah, he could be a fan. But he might be a nutter. The cat was on my turf. I had to chop the mother down." - KR

Cant stop watching this video. Axls response once he realizes its some young aisan kid singing into the mic is priceless. Just can't help but laugh into the mic. Real sweet video. See that one kids response on youtube?

"i had to leave the concert early because that was my brother.....:("

Fucking worth missing the encore to have axl rose stick up for you at fucking gnr show.

Security was SLOW. And it wasn't even security, looked like Fernando and some other guy.

You can NEVER jump on stage.

This could've been a serious incident. Axl and Bumble could've been attacked fatally.

That's the risks of playing live. He can't freak out each and every time someone jumps on stage.

Zakk Wylde's done it *L*