What Axl said during the Las Vegas show

Guns n' Swedes

I'm sure he was kidding around.

Hope so but let's be honest this is the guy who claimed not to know anything about an entire European tour! :rofl-lol:

:rofl-lol:

found out "surfing on the internet"

:rofl-lol:

I've still never forgiven his ass for that! I had tickets and missed my chance to see Buckethead! :lol:

I didn't watch it, so I don't know the context of it, but the joint used to be much smaller. They changed it in to a larger venue in 2009, so he could of been referring to that.

That's what it sounds like. It was a nice little theater, and the new version looks pretty cool, fits more people. I'm sure there will be a few celebs in the VIP sections.

He said that until a couple of hours before the show he thought that they were playing some club tonight instead of this show. I thought it was very Axl-ish of him, but how couldn't he know? It's been official for some time, no?

The new management gotta work on those communication issues :tongue2:

He was kidding around :thumbsup:

I didn't watch it, so I don't know the context of it, but the joint used to be much smaller. They changed it in to a larger venue in 2009 , so he could of been referring to that.

GUYS can you please read this person´s post? THAT might be what Axl meant. ^^

Edited by Black Horse

I didn't watch it, so I don't know the context of it, but the joint used to be much smaller. They changed it in to a larger venue in 2009 , so he could of been referring to that.

GUYS can you please read this person´s post? THAT might be what Axl meant. ^^

That's probably it.

Looking WAY too much into this.

Totally agree, I heard it & of course he sounded serious. Thats the way his humour is, but most likely he smiled after saying it indicating that he was joking. :lol: Hardly think he didn't know he was doing a big concert until a few hours before the show when it would have been booked, negotiated, payments & contracts made way before the tour even started. :rofl-lol:

WTF you people. Yes, he was joking.

"I thought we were going to be playing at a bar somewhere"... either riffing on the fact that, 1.) The Joint is completely new, and 60% bigger. 2.) They keep trying to put GNR in a smaller box, so he was making fun of the fact that The Powers That Be would have liked to have GNR playing a dive bar... and here he his, looking at the first of two back to back sold out shows.

I was front row when he was talking, and it was clear it was making a joke.

Edited by Gagarin

He's well aware that the Joint was the size that it was. He indicated that he thought they were doing a bar that night and the Joint the next (NYE) - 2 separate venues. Maybe he was upset that they were there that night as he agreed to do a bar show? He really seems to enjoy those smaller shows and it is too bad they weren't able to get one in this leg.

He's well aware that the Joint was the size that it was. He indicated that he thought they were doing a bar that night and the Joint the next (NYE) - 2 separate venues. Maybe he was upset that they were there that night as he agreed to do a bar show? He really seems to enjoy those smaller shows and it is too bad they weren't able to get one in this leg.

No.