[SPOILER-FREE] Van Halen 2012 discussion

Towelie

VAN HALEN 2012 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES:

Date City Venue On Sale Date

3/15/12 Montreal, QC Bell Centre January 14

3/17/12 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre January 14

3/21/12 Ottawa, ON Scotiabank Place January 14

Look at the date gap after the Toronto show....I guarantee at least a second Toronto show!

Most likely. I've heard about a few more dates that haven't been announced yet as well.

She's The Woman sounds great...I hope it's on the new album! Are they tuned down another half step now though? Something sounded off in Ice Cream Man to me... :shrugs:

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the date gap after the Toronto show....I guarantee at least a second Toronto show!

Most likely. I've heard about a few more dates that haven't been announced yet as well.

They did two in Toronto last time back to back..and came back later for a third.

Definitely will be Saturday and Sunday gigs.

Perhaps they'll add London to the list as well...they easily could before heading to Ottawa.

They did two in Toronto last time back to back..and came back later for a third.

Perhaps they'll add London to the list as well...they easily could before heading to Ottawa.

Was there really 3 Toronto shows last time? I only knew of the 2 shows, the Sunday show and then the Friday show show...

Edited by Powerage5

Was there really 3 Toronto shows last time? I only knew of the 2 shows, the Sunday show and then the Friday show show...

I thought there was...the lists I checked say otherwise. :shrugs:

Maybe I'm mixing it up with Roger Waters.

Anyhoo..there's several vacant days listed there while in Canada,two Toronto shows is a given..at least.

I'lll be taking the girlfriend so I can't afford two shows (Buffalo and Toronto) so I have to pick one or the other. Decisions, decisions. Either date is equally convenient. I suppose I might have better luck with better seats in Buffalo but it's hard to say.

The sound is better IMO in the HSBC in Buffalo as well.

I've only seen one show there (AC/DC in 2009) and the sound was definitely way better than the two Rogers Centre shows I saw, but I suppose that's not a fair comparison. :lol:

Looks like I'll be doing Buffalo though. That date works better for her and it's nice that it's a little closer than Toronto. :thumbsup:

That clip of She's The Woman sounded badass! Couldn't really hear Roth but Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang are playing really tight. And it looks like Roth is going for the farmer look :P

It's fine - it's close enough to the demo, but different enough from it to hear something new from Ed in ages.

Dave's always come up with interesting looks, he didn't want to go back to assless chaps or something glitzy for the night.

Jesus Christ I fucking hate when bands don't do GA, because then Floor seats, such as this tour, have the cost jacked up and end up being like $150 each :rolleyes:

I paid $100 for Gn'R and was front fucking row.

Sometimes you just have to drop the cash. Van Halen is worth it though.

Jesus Christ I fucking hate when bands don't do GA, because then Floor seats, such as this tour, have the cost jacked up and end up being like $150 each :rolleyes:

I paid $100 for Gn'R and was front fucking row.

Sometimes you just have to drop the cash. Van Halen is worth it though.

I'm sure they are, but then I drop $150 and end up being in Section D, Row 30, regardless of being there at 10 o'clock in the morning waiting for the tickets to go on sale. :fuckyou:

Regardless, I'll still do at least one.

This is kind of amusing - great shots of the band, but he has to remind us that he's at the concert...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9QBxrzx1Tc&feature=related

Sucks annoying Asian man is louder than David Lee Roth with a mic somehow. Oh well, I guess I'm grateful annoying Asian man put it up online at all. Eddie looks much better with some hair. It's really crazy how horrible he looked in 2005 or so. Meth is a hell of a drug.

Track listing:

1. Tattoo

2. She’s The Woman

3. You and Your Blues

4. China Town

5. Blood and Fire

6. Bullethead

7. As Is

8. Honeybabysweetiedoll

9. The Trouble With Never

10. Outta Space

11. Stay Frosty

12. Big River

13. Beats Workin’

So they did go back to their old demos for at least one track.

As much as I am gonna miss Mickey, I must say that I have hope because Wolfie sounds great based on the live clips. He was solid when I saw them back in '07 but you can hear he has really come into his own - well I shouldn't be that shocked, he has Eddie fuckin' Van Halen teaching him how to play :xmassrudolph: