Highly suspicious vocal coincidence in Civil War performances

uruguns

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It drew my attention from the first listen of both shows how When everybody's fightin' for their promised land and sounded exactly the same.

MAKE SURE TO LISTEN WITH HEADPHONES

*Gunsguy edit: Eduardo, if you are interested in trolling for a known cupcake and banned member here then perhaps you are in the wrong forum.

op edit: You're wrong Gunsguy, the fact that he agrees with me in this doesn't mean I'm trolling. Check my 1000 posts before this thread and tell me if I ever "trolled" or something.

Edited by eduardo'GNR

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You could probably take that line from Argentina 1992 and Paris 1992 and it'd likely sound exactly the same as well. He's using the same tonality on it both times so why would it sound that much different? A lot of Jungle performances from the 2011 tour sound similar as well, especially between two consecutive shows. Plus, if he were lip syncing, why do it for a single line? I think there'd be more use in "lip syncing" the whistling at the beginning, if anything.

They sound exactly the same, especially how promised is pronounced but why would he lip sync that particular line in the whole show lol. Surely there's more difficult parts. I'm not a fan of any kind of lip synching or recorded backing vocals on live performances of Sorry or Shackler's anyway.

Edited by RandallFlagg

They sound exactly the same, especially how promised is pronounced but why would he lip sync that particular line in the whole show lol. I'm not a fan of any kind of lip synching or recorded backing vocals like on Sorry or Shackler's anyway.

Rasp... It's a inflection point in the song that needs energy and rasp, immediately after this verse, his weak and low voice is back. Coincidence?

Edited by eduardo'GNR

Maybe the uploader wanted to trick people by uploading two of the same lines for some reason but if that is legit then he obviously is using the line for a breather but if Axl pretends to sing it then it is lip syncing. Not really a terrible thing the way the guy performs and sings approaching 50 but just get the crowd or other guys to sing it or whatever.

They sound exactly the same, especially how promised is pronounced but why would he lip sync that particular line in the whole show lol. I'm not a fan of any kind of lip synching or recorded backing vocals like on Sorry or Shackler's anyway.

Rasp... It's a inflection point in the song that needs energy and rasp, immediately after this verse, his weak and low voice is back. Coincidence?

Not at all. He sings the entire first verse from "My hands are tied..." with rasp and has no trouble switching from his natural voice singing the intro and then to the rasp there. Why would the switch be any different anywhere else at the show? In Shackler's, for example, he sings the pre-chorus clean and then switches right to the rasp for the chorus.

I'm just taking into account the backing vocals in Sorry and Shackler's for example have been present when the other guys are more than capable, this line sounds suspicious but it could just be a vocal switching, the lines sound REMARKABLY similar though IMO. It wouldn't be like omg axl rose is miming!!!1!

I'm just taking into account the backing vocals in Sorry and Shackler's for example have been present when the other guys are more than capable, this line sounds suspicious but it could just be a vocal switching, the lines sound REMARKABLY similar though IMO. It wouldn't be like omg axl rose is miming!!!1!

Those are different cases though. Axl is still singing live on top of the backing tracks in Shackler's and the other Chinese Democracy songs. The backing tracks are to cover all the harmonies and stuff that Axl can't do himself. I do agree that the other guys, especially Bumblefoot, are more than capable of handling all the backing vocals. My point is that it's not like Axl is standing there mouthing the words to the chorus of Shackler's. He is singing it, and the backing tracks are just that, backing tracks. Chinese Democracy is filled with vocal layers everywhere, much more than on any previous Guns album. Thus, the backing tracks come into play live.

I am not the biggest modern day Axl fan but what the fuck is this thread even about?? Correct me if I am wrong here.. You spliced together two shows to show that they sound the same and he is lip synching? If that is the case you failed. They sound similar but not exact. They guy has sang it a million times and he is teh original singer. It is that far fetched that it is going to sound the same sometimes? It actually should.. Maybe I am missing something here..

Hmm not really sure if its a spoof or not. I've listen to this clip about 20-30 times now and I'm not really convinced. What bothers me is that when it hits "when everybody's fightin' for the promised land" not only are the lyrics in sync but so is everything else (guitars, drum, etc) and then in one of the tracks the drumming gets really sloppy and one track sounds slower than the other except at the point "when everybody's fightin' for the promised land" in the entire clip.

I'm gonna have a listen to some actual recordings of the shows (both audience and live-stream) and try to compare it that way but atm I'm thinking no.