GUNS N'ROSES WORLDWIDE ALBUM SALES

oktayyaxl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N%27_Roses_discography#Live_albums

you can see all the sales details from the link.

1987 Appetite for Destruction Worldwide: 28,000,000+

1988 G N' R Lies Worldwide: 10,000,000+

1991 Use Your Illusion I Worldwide: 17,000,000+

1991 Use Your Illusion II Worldwide: 18,000,000+

1993 "The Spaghetti Incident?" Worldwide: 4,000,000+

1999 Live Era: '87–'93 Worldwide: 2,500,000+

2004 Greatest Hits Worldwide: 10,000,000+

2008 Chinese Democracy Worldwide: 3,000,000+

I Think all the sales numbers are true except chinese democracy sale numbers.There is always speculatıon about cd sales numbers.My guess is It has sold between 3-5 million copies worldwide (with bestbuy deal).Bumblefoot said one of his past interviews, chinese democracy has sold 3 or 4 million copies.Universal chile has said 5 million copies has sold worldwide.

you can see other sources below ..

http://www.worldwidealbums.net/

Guns N Roses Appetite for Destruction S 1987 29500000

Guns N Roses G N R Lies S 1988 10000000

Guns N Roses Use For Illusion I S 1991 17000000 +

Guns N Roses Use For Illusion II S 1991 18000000 +

Guns N Roses The Spaghetti Incident? C 1993 5500000 +

Guns N Roses Live Era: 87- 93 C 1999 2500000

Guns N Roses Greatest Hits C 2004 8500000

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/communaute/index.php?/topic/6523-phase-3-reajustement-ventes-de-tous-les-artistes-a-plus-de-30m/page__st__525

All that matters to me is that Chinese Democracy's followup blows Libertad out of the water. Eat it all you trolling Slasholes.

You are a fool!

Yeah well I really don't give a fuck if that bothers you or if you are offended. The bottom line is it's personal. You can kid yourself and say "oh well time heals everything" but that's a crock of shit. Slash ran his mouth for years, smearing Axl. Now, did Axl bring some of it upon himself? Damn right he did. But for too many years, I have had to endure people incessantly, constantly, annoyingly, perpetually cupcake Axl relentlessly and post in almost every thread. And I've had to take it. Well no more. Axl and Slash may be somewhat cool with eachother as of late, but there is still one more unspoken score to be settled. And I have faith in Axl that he will be motivated to beat Slash where it counts the most: THE MUSIC. That, more than anything else, means something to me. Why? Because I'm rooting for Axl, that's why. You wanna label me an Axhole to your Slashole, hey that's fine. But in the end, in the end- what matters is that CD II destroys Libertad, musically and thus commercially.

You can call me a fool, you can miss the humor behind the yes-i-admit-sincerity in my post, but in actuality- you and I both know that CD's followup is a very, very important record for a myriad of reasons. And one of those reasons, like it or not, is competitiveness with a nemesis. Haha, now flame away- but you know I'm right- CD II will be more satisfying than Libertad. Checkmate.

;)

All that matters to me is that Chinese Democracy's followup blows Libertad out of the water. Eat it all you trolling Slasholes.

You are a fool!

Yeah well I really don't give a fuck if that bothers you or if you are offended. The bottom line is it's personal. You can kid yourself and say "oh well time heals everything" but that's a crock of shit. Slash ran his mouth for years, smearing Axl. Now, did Axl bring some of it upon himself? Damn right he did. But for too many years, I have had to endure people incessantly, constantly, annoyingly, perpetually cupcake Axl relentlessly and post in almost every thread. And I've had to take it. Well no more. Axl and Slash may be somewhat cool with eachother as of late, but there is still one more unspoken score to be settled. And I have faith in Axl that he will be motivated to beat Slash where it counts the most: THE MUSIC. That, more than anything else, means something to me. Why? Because I'm rooting for Axl, that's why. You wanna label me an Axhole to your Slashole, hey that's fine. But in the end, in the end- what matters is that CD II destroys Libertad, musically and thus commercially.

You can call me a fool, you can miss the humor behind the yes-i-admit-sincerity in my post, but in actuality- you and I both know that CD's followup is a very, very important record for a myriad of reasons. And one of those reasons, like it or not, is competitiveness with a nemesis. Haha, now flame away- but you know I'm right- CD II will be more satisfying than Libertad. Checkmate.

;)

Suits my sensibilities,when I take into consideration all that has been said and done I can't stay neutral,I know which side of the fence I'm on

I realize that slash will always be associated with GNRs but his actions,words,and music releases post-GNR Leave me less than impressed.

Are we talking in terms of success and recognition? We don't even know what Libertad sold worldwide. Or even the US for that matter. It sold 222,000 JUST in the US as of October 2007, that's all we know, and that's not even that far behind what CD sold in the US. It wasn't a commercial success, but it didn't flop THAT hard. I want actual up to date numbers. And at least VR accomplished more with Contraband than Axl did with CD. That's a fact.

And I'm not even a "blind Slashite" either, but now you're just instigating.

I'm talking everything. And despite your sincerest attempts at severe obfuscation, the point remains: you and I both know that CD II very much has the potential to outmatch Libertad. It's within range, and I can't believe you're actually trying to bullshit me here and spin it any other way. Why don't you take your own advice about "actual numbers" and post Contraband's sales data in comparison to Libertad's. I'll accept your written apology now. That was a joke, don't freak out, I really am having fun here, although I mean what I say. Let's not get too serious. Well actually, I'm very serious- I'm rootin for Axl, what can I say? It will give me pleasure to see CD II perform better than its predecessor whilst also outperforming contraband's successor.

And furthermore, I never fuckin called you a "blind slashite" in quotes. I said Slashhole. There's a difference. And if you read my post, I also said I'll be happy to be you and your ilk's antithesis: the Axlhole to your Slashole. Now carry on. But you know CD II has good odds. Haha. >=)

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre

Are we talking in terms of success and recognition? We don't even know what Libertad sold worldwide. Or even the US for that matter. It sold 222,000 JUST in the US as of October 2007, that's all we know, and that's not even that far behind what CD sold in the US. It wasn't a commercial success, but it didn't flop THAT hard. I want actual up to date numbers. And at least VR accomplished more with Contraband than Axl did with CD. That's a fact.

I'm talking everything. And despite your sincerest attempts at severe obfuscation, the point remains: you and I both know that CD II very much has the potential to outmatch Libertad. It's within range, and I can't believe you're actually trying to bullshit me here and spin it any other way. Why don't you take your own advice about "actual numbers" and post Contraband's sales data in comparison to Libertad's. I'll accept your written apology now. That was a joke, don't freak out, I really am having fun here, although I mean what I say. Let's not get too serious. Well actually, I'm very serious- I'm rootin for Axl, what can I say? It will give me pleasure to see CD II perform better than its predecessor whilst also outperforming contraband's successor.

And furthermore, I never fuckin called you a "blind slashite" in quotes. I said Slashhole. There's a difference. And if you read my post, I also said I'll be happy to be you and your ilk's antithesis: the Axlhole to your Slashole. Now carry on. But you know CD II has good odds. Haha. >=)

"Slashite" "slashole", etc. All soap opera internet bullshit. Whatever floats your boat man.

Contraband sold 4 million worldiwde, we don't know what Libertad sold. We have US numbers from 4 years ago, that's it. But even if if CD II (or whatever) "outdoes" (or whatever game you got going) libertad, it'd be more of a tie than a victory.

There's no denying that Contraband had more of an impact than CD did. Media dug it, fans dug it, signs point that it sold more, and it had two hits that are still played on rock radio nearly eight years later.

My opinion of what COULD go down with the next record is mixed. I personally think if it's more of the same, with just DJ's and Bumble's contributions puzzle pieced in, I think it will flop. That's my personal opinion. There's no "mystery" or "wonder" this time around, and I personally think that's a big reason why CD even went as far as it did.

If it's fresh studio takes, with a somewhat...different...direction, I think it has a better chance.

I really don't understand how you think that "mystery" had anything to do with anything. Damn near the whole album had leaked way before release and they streamed it on Myspace. The only sales that CD achieved were from people that liked what they had already heard.

The bottom line is that commercial success does not always or even often match artistic success. We the fans wanted Chinese Democracy to sell as much as possible for obvious reasons, and at the end of the day it did okay. Whether or not it outsold VR is irrelevant. It crushed both of those records artistically, which is all that really matters. There were some "mystique" sales for Cd, there is no doubt. The massive shift in the music industry made it sell a lot less than it would have previously, so in this current climate we have no idea what to expect from the next one. It will probably come out of the gate with fewer immediate sales, but a hit single or two would sell a shitload of single sales on iTunes, and boost album sales worldwide. Axl can't ask for as much money up front as he used to, because the industry is just too unpredictable these days.

As for the Axl / Slash business, I've always been on Axl's side all along but people forget that Slash was actually pretty mellow about the breakup for YEARS after it happened. He may have been a bastard behind the scenes with lawsuits and all that bullshit, but in public he was generally reasonable enough and Axl didn't say a word for years. If you think about just about every band that ever was, they pretty much all broke up at some point for one reason or another. For GNR, it is what it is, you people got to let it go.

I haven't listened to either VR album in probably a year, but I still listen to songs off CD at least every other day.

While the debut VR album had commercial success, I would bet that CD stands the test of time better.

And CD had a lot of bad juju attached to it. For all the people that bought it just for Axl, out if curiosity, or the GnR name there are the morons who based it from day one solely because of them blaming Axl for breaking up their favorite band and/or because of Axl keeping the name. A month ago I told a friend I was going to see GnR in Seattle and his comment was "its not GnR without slash." To this day he won't even listen to CD.

I have no doubt in my mind that the next album will dominate VR's second album. In terms of quality and sales. No doubt in my mind at all.

• Like 1

The thing is that with Van Halen, people still respected EVH, and he didn't wait 15+ years to release an original album. The situations really aren't the same. Time plays more of a key role.

Waiting doesn't build hype. Just look at the people who complain about Axl coming on stage late.

"Slashite" "slashole", etc. All soap opera internet bullshit. Whatever floats your boat man.

Contraband sold 4 million worldiwde, we don't know what Libertad sold. We have US numbers from 4 years ago, that's it. But even if if CD II (or whatever) "outdoes" (or whatever game you got going) libertad, it'd be more of a tie than a victory.

There's no denying that Contraband had more of an impact than CD did. Media dug it, fans dug it, signs point that it sold more, and it had two hits that are still played on rock radio nearly eight years later.

My opinion of what COULD go down with the next record is mixed. I personally think if it's more of the same, with just DJ's and Bumble's contributions puzzle pieced in, I think it will flop. That's my personal opinion. There's no "mystery" or "wonder" this time around, and I personally think that's a big reason why CD even went as far as it did.

If it's fresh studio takes, with a somewhat...different...direction, I think it has a better chance.

I really don't understand how you think that "mystery" had anything to do with anything. Damn near the whole album had leaked way before release and they streamed it on Myspace. The only sales that CD achieved were from people that liked what they had already heard.

And the people who weren't aware of all the leaks and such. I do think most GNR fans knew about the old band falling apart, Axl was still performing under the name, and recording an album that many were curious about, and had doubts it would see the light of day. Doesn't mean they were spending every waking moment on message boards waiting for leaks.

I wasn't spending time on message boards back then. I found out about the leaks from a friend that isn't even really in to GN'R. That was the beginning of my involvement with GN'R on the internet and outside of a couple of posts at a forum here and there, last year was the year I really got involved with forums. And that's just this forum. If I found out from someone that doesn't really even care about the band, I'm sure that many other people did too.

Not to mention that the leaks were covered in newspapers and magazines, you pretty much had to be living under a rock to not know that they existed. Anybody who had any interest in the band whatsoever had already made up their mind by the time CD launched.

All that matters to me is that Chinese Democracy's followup blows Libertad out of the water.

There has to be a C.D. follow up first to make that happen. The only thing we know about the new album at this moment are......rumours and nothing concrete.

And the people who weren't aware of all the leaks and such. I do think most GNR fans knew about the old band falling apart, Axl was still performing under the name, and recording an album that many were curious about, and had doubts it would see the light of day. Doesn't mean they were spending every waking moment on message boards waiting for leaks.

I wasn't spending time on message boards back then. I found out about the leaks from a friend that isn't even really in to GN'R. That was the beginning of my involvement with GN'R on the internet and outside of a couple of posts at a forum here and there, last year was the year I really got involved with forums. And that's just this forum. If I found out from someone that doesn't really even care about the band, I'm sure that many other people did too.

Not to mention that the leaks were covered in newspapers and magazines, you pretty much had to be living under a rock to not know that they existed. Anybody who had any interest in the band whatsoever had already made up their mind by the time CD launched.

I disagree. I'm not saying that every general fan were unaware of the leaks, but I think much more of the general fan base weren't paying attention to the leaks in comparison to those that were. I think most people mainly cared when it was finally confirmed the album would see the light of day. I firmly believe that the album was always going to sell a certain amount of copies based on the history leading up to it, and the certain "mystique" behind it, no matter what.

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree on this. I think that even if someone would have skipped the leaks to wait for release, they would have at least checked out the free streaming on Myspace. I don't think there was any reason for anybody to buy CD out of curiosity.