Chris Pitman " I don't think people know what an original and cool guitar player he (Axl) really is,....those were fun times."

bumblecool

Chris Pitman

‎..what a rare photo. Axl playing guitar on 'Maddy"live in Rio 2001, He wrote all the gtr parts, including lead gtr. I recorded him playing lots of awesome guitar parts back then, I don't think people know what an original and cool guitar player he really is,....those were fun times.

Also, Buckethead and Paul Tobias are truly awesome

394817_2469713863081_1259393808_32099260_1886262847_n.jpg

Axl also wrote the guitar part for Shotgun Blues, Dead horse and also played on Mad-at-nascar in Vegas 2001.

Played on TWAT too.

Judging by the 'Dead Horse' video, he used to play guitar a lot for that song during the '93 shows

I think the main point is he WROTE lead and other guitar parts for Madgascar..

Indeed, which is very cool. I love Fortus' leads throughout the song, especially during the "If we ever find it's true..." bit, so kudos to Axl for writing those.

I must concur with one notion raised in this thread - bring back Dead Horse!

According to the UYI booklet though, Slash actually played the intro on the album. It's fun seeing Axl jam it with them in the 1993 performances.

I think the main point is he WROTE lead and other guitar parts for Madgascar..

Yeah, and also some leads on TWAT (I think the lead behind his own vocals on the 2nd verse).

I wonder if he actually recorded some lf those leads and if they made it to the final version.