Login now required to read the boards?

The Linguini Occurrence

Recently noticed I can't read the boards without logging in, which is no big deal when I'm on my home computer but it's a problem when I'm at work. Lots of companies now have software that records every keystroke and IS departments that can access any employee computer at any time, so it's not safe for me to login at work.

Is this logging-in-just-to-view a permanent change here, or just a temporary glitch?

*gunsguy edit - Admin response: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=183194&view=findpost&p=2986451

Edited by gunsguy

yup, noticed this the past couple of days. I often read, just because I can't be bothered to log in, and don't really care about replying to a thread with a simple smiley. Not a huge deal...wonder if Dexter will have to log in.

yup, noticed this the past couple of days. I often read, just because I can't be bothered to log in, and don't really care about replying to a thread with a simple smiley. Not a huge deal...wonder if Dexter will have to log in.

I was thinking that maybe this was some sort of Bat Signal for Dexter.

• 3 weeks later...

ya, starting to think it is not temporary.

it's very annoying. obviously, if someone wants to post a reply they have to log in. but often I just take a quick look around to see if there is any news or something interesting going on...usually there is not :rofl-lol:

i guess it's not critical to the board, but I it's little things like this that get under a person's skin. still better than that 'other' board.

(oh yeah...four months till my 40th birthday...start your shopping!) :thumbsup:

Edited by Drakestar

• 4 weeks later...

when is this going to be fixed? It's very stupid....you will not get nearly as many new members now...but I'm sure you (eric) are aware of that.

Eric can do whatever he wants with his board.

There was a lot of problem with the new server. Just be patient.