Slash featuring Myles Kennedy in Toronto

gunsguy

The openers were okay. First band was like a generic eighties rock band but good enough to keep you entertained.

Good enough to keep you entertained..for 10 minutes,before that chick's voice got on your nerves. :lol:

The band was generic-good fun enough.Early Guns looking wanna-be-ish.But I was ok with that...dump the chick and find a real singer and you might have something.

Lose the lyrics like "trick or treat...give me some candy".

The second really wasn't my type of music but the singer was hot.

The second band was oil and water with a Slash crowd.

Some people dug em...many just drank and checked their emails.

The singer was like Lee Aaaron's daughter or something.

That one note that she kept holding...AAAAAAAAA...over and over....AAAAAAAAAAAAAA. :lol:

The best part was the bass player with his beatnik beard. :confused: dude...what??

Their seriousness,was kind of humerous..I dunno. :shrugs:

And just after they left the stage,a Slash roadie comes out with a t shirt that said "Death To All False Metal" on the back.

That was the best part! :tongue2:

Agreed on both accounts. The singer's voice in the first band wasn't awful but it wasn't exactly great either. The music made it tolerable. Again, just a bit of fun.

The second band just wasn't my thing, and you're right, the "AAAAHHH!!!!!!" every ten seconds got old quick. At least she was nice to look at. ;)

I loved the roadie's shirt. Me and my buddy laughed at it too because of how serious the second band tried to be even though they didn't look it at all. :lol:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy who got kicked out was only a few people in front of me but I didn't notice what he did. I was trying to figure out. There was also some girl a couple people to my left who got knocked over when people started jumping. She got helped back to her feet but I have no idea what happened there either. A few people tried to get the one security guy's attention but it never worked.

You're A Lie sounded good live.

They will add new songs as the tour progresses won't they?

I would assume so, I would assume that now that they are more of a real band they would want to play at least half the set off of the latest album, a good 7-8 songs, then the rest fill in with Slash's past

Guest Sweet Tooth

Great show! Slash played the sweet child o' mine solo with a broken string, kickass! Also, as already mentioned... the killer rocket queen solo. Perfect night aside from not getting laid :thumbsdown:

Sounds like a great show, but guess I'm slightly confused. Thought I'd read this was largely going to be attended by industry insiders or is that another show? Kinda like VH did in LA, but obviously much smaller scale.

Woulda been surprised if they'd played a handful of the new tracks with the album release still a couple months out--but then why not wait another month or so and do it when you want to the vids to be out there on Youtube going viral, etc? Don't really see the point of this being a "Kickoff" to the new tour and having only a singe new track.

Really hoping this tour ends up playing the majority of the new album(minimum 8 or so tracks) and then sprinkles in some from Guns, VR, Snakepit, etc. It's a little more challenging given the last solo album had all the different signers and only 2 with Myles. But if we get a large dose of new tracks along with Back From Cali, Starlight and then a mix of GNR, VR and Snakepit weighted in that order, should be really good. Just think that if he's going this route with Myles and the Conspirators, let's heavily emphasize the new music and make it fresh.

If they woulda reformed VR and put out a new album, the setlist woulda been more predictable, emphasizing the new album and then playing 4-5 tracks from each of the other albums. Hope he keeps the same emphasis on new music with this band, that's all....

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Sounds like a great show, but guess I'm slightly confused. Thought I'd read this was largely going to be attended by industry insiders or is that another show? Kinda like VH did in LA, but obviously much smaller scale.

A little different than what VH did.This wasn't exclusive to Slash per say.

It was a weelklong Industry Music Festival...an opportunity for bands to showcase and the suits to discover etc.Also an opportunity for artist's to promote.Slash's record is about to drop and Canada is a big market for him (how fast did this gig sell out?).So he wisely got involved.Two days of press and the warm up gig.

There were 300 hundred tickets set aside for industry folk,when the gig sold out in like a minute,upset fans hit Slash's Facebook etc. and when he found out,Slash was a little dubious about how fast it sold out...so he looked into it and had the 300 tickets held for the industry folk released to the fans.

Anyhoo...here's another version of Rocket Queen.

Trust me...it did NOT sound like this at the show.I've noticed in a lot of the Toronto clips that the recording device mics are all in overload,or struggling.It was so loud...and even louder when Slash's solo(s) got cranked that the mics are just picking up more than they can handle it seems.These clips sound ok at times,but it was a definite sonic assault.

Trust me...it did NOT sound like this at the show.I've noticed in a lot of the Toronto clips that the recording device mics are all in overload,or struggling.It was so loud...and even louder when Slash's solo(s) got cranked that the mics are just picking up more than they can handle it seems.These clips sound ok at times,but it was a definite sonic assault.

No kidding. That was one of the loudest shows I've ever been too. Slash was especially loud because they'd boost him even more during the solos.

Edited by Paul Stanley

Guest Sweet Tooth

Can't believe there are no videos of Promise... my favourite song off "Slash". Really happy to see it live. Also, some asshole threw a beer at Myles as soon as he stepped on stage. Myles, being cool as hell, kept on given'r