Slash featuring Myles Kennedy in Toronto

gunsguy

I don't think they would change venues, Phoenix is probably cheaper to rent then Kool Haus. I figured they would play the sound academy

Kool Haus is where they played last time...and the VR club shows are always there.

I just thought maybe they decided to look for a larger venue than 1100 people,which caused the ticket delay.

Sound Academy would have been a good choice as well...good call on that.

What does the Sound Academy hold? About 2,000? I've only been there once, don't remember it too well...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they would change venues, Phoenix is probably cheaper to rent then Kool Haus. I figured they would play the sound academy

Kool Haus is where they played last time...and the VR club shows are always there.

I just thought maybe they decided to look for a larger venue than 1100 people,which caused the ticket delay.

Sound Academy would have been a good choice as well...good call on that.

What does the Sound Academy hold? About 2,000? I've only been there once, don't remember it too well...

Capacity is 3230

I hope it stays the Phoenix. I've heard really good things about it and the bar, and it'll be awesome to see Slash with such an intimate crowd.

Yeah I like the Phoenix.Last time I was there was for the New York Dolls.

The scary thing is ticket demand set at 1100 people!

Upside is it will most likely be easier for people to get some documentation done....the security is a lot looser,it was anytime I've been there anyway.

It actually worked today. I'll pick up my tickets at Ticketmaster later. I'm going! :thumbsup:

son of a bitch, I tried as soon as they went on sale and it wouldn't let me find any tickets

I knew it'd sell out but I didn't think that fast. As soon as I read your comment I went back and tried one ticket for a joke, and not even that.

It actually worked today. I'll pick up my tickets at Ticketmaster later. I'm going! :thumbsup:

son of a bitch, I tried as soon as they went on sale and it wouldn't let me find any tickets

I knew it'd sell out but I didn't think that fast. As soon as I read your comment I went back and tried one ticket for a joke, and not even that.

I'm hoping for some other Ontario shows to pop up, hopefully London or Hamilton

The really small venue is cool and all, but isn't there somewhere that maybe holds like 2,000-2,5000 people he could play so a few more people could go? I think he could probably move 2,000 tickets in the bigger cities. That still keeps the atmosphere nice, but at least allows for more fans to see the show.

stub hub already has 109 tickets for sale so already 10% has gone to scalpers

I'm not surprised. Since the tickets were already "pick-up only" they should have gone the extra step and just made the whole thing will call. Get rid of the stupid scalpers completely.

It's too bad you didn't get tickets. Hopefully he'll add another Toronto. Maybe the small venue is because it's the first show so he's treating it like a "warm-up" kind of show.

Edit: Slash just posted on Facebook:

Looking into how the Phoenix Theater tix could have sold out that fast. #notpossible iiiiI; )'
Edited by Paul Stanley

Looking into how the Phoenix Theater tix could have sold out that fast. #notpossible iiiiI; )'

He's aware it was just 1100 tickets right? :lol:

Ha! Maybe not. A lot of people are commenting going "Not impossible! You're Slash!" :lol:

Ha! Maybe not. A lot of people are commenting going "Not impossible! You're Slash!" :lol:

Well that's just it...it's fucking SLASH!

Even when he played Kool Haus last time with a capacity of around 3000 (perhaps a bit more?)...those went pretty damn fast too.

1100 tickets are going to go in the blink of an eye.

Well that's just it...it's fucking SLASH!

Even when he played Kool Haus last time with a capacity of around 3000 (perhaps a bit more?)...those went pretty damn fast too.

1100 tickets are going to go in the blink of an eye.

When I saw him play in Belleville Ontario in September 2010 their were 3500 people their and Belleville and the surrounding area has only about 500k within an hour drive. I don't know why they wouldn't of booked a bigger venue, I'm sure Slash could of sold 4-5k tickets and played the Ricoh Coliseum in Toronto In certain markets Slash as a solo artist is just as popular as GNR

It turns out this Slash gig is taking place during a pretty big industry conference in Toronto.

link

I'd be surprised if it's coincidence that this Slash gig is happening in Toronto that week.

It would explain the more intimate setting,as this tends to happen at these events.

Expect some Slash broadcast and radio interviews.

Slash

They're releasing 300 more tix at the Phoenix theater for March 23rd as I type this. iiiiI; )'

went to TM and got

Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available.

oh well I will still go day of show and buy tix from scalp

Edited by gunsguy