Robin's TIL solo

YOUCOULDBEMINE.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get the love for it, don't get the love for the song either. All of Robin's other solos are infinitely better imo, I think Street of Dreams is probably his best, it's similar to Slash's SCOM in the way that it starts out light and major then shifts into this sinister minor sound about midway through.

But yeah, nobody plays Slash's solos better than Slash. Just shut up

Really? I actually consider Robins SCOM solo to be one of the worst things he has done. BBF and DJ do a decent job at it but quite frankly Slash's SCOM is by far the best IMO (which makes sense, he wrote it after all). The TIL solo is great however, my favorite Robin moment.

Edited by WhazUp

Lol OP must have been drunk while writing this... Robin>slash because in your opinion robin plays SCOM better? Dude who wrote the solo?..

Robin isnt bad... I preffer TWAT (the riff before the bucket solo is pretty amazing... also the riff that is played when axl goed'i will do anything for you')and blues...

but slash... Well he wrote riffs which left blisters...

when it comes to improvisation slash nails it. So dont get how in the world is robin>slash... Nor why do we need this cmprsn...

Never said that Robin is better than Slash.

Just said that I prefer his SCOM solo.

And yes BBF nails Estranged.

+ DJ plays the first Civil War solo more convincing than Slash.

Not saying that Slash is bad, not at all.

I pretty much like all of his playing, I only think that his solo-album could have been more energetic.

Edited by UcudBmineCD

It still took Slash to write those parts, but to each his/her own.

Exactly.

Robin fans are gonna hate me now but even though I love his TIL solo I think DJ's version is better.

Everything sounds wrong when DJ plays the TIL solo. I like most of his live playing tho. Just seems like when he tries to cover Robin's guitar parts, something is off.

On the other hand, when he covers Slash's solos it sounds realy good imo. (I still don't like his take on the Don't Cry solo)

It still took Slash to write those parts, but to each his/her own.

Didn't they pressure to get Slash to write that solo?

I can't remember offhand but that sounds familiar.

I think it was a while before Slash took the song seriously which is probably why it took him a while to come up with a stunner of a solo.

If that's the case, then the recorded solo on Appetite proves he works well under pressure.

Bumblefoot played the last solo in Estranged better than Slash.

Bumble plays everything better than Slash no matter what the material is

and Slash > Robin when it comes to SCOM :xmassrudolph:

No way

"Guitars Suck" was played at my Senior Prom. Girls were singing along to it as it's totally a panty wetter. I mentioned Slash to my one buddy, he was like "Who? Doesn't he play in that old people band, U2?"

If only they knew.