Does new tour dates in places they've played before on the CD 2010 Tour mean a new album is imminent?

ITW 2012

Please dont play the same shit with no new awesome material.

What same shit??? The classics that people love? The songs they have played from CD already? I love to hear that. I can go and have gone to a GNR concert consecutive nights and fn rock out. The setlist was a little the same, but I didnt care. Do you know why? They are my fav. band and I love to experience the magic any chance I can.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are fans really going to be happy with another CD tour?

If this tour isn't coinciding with new music or an album, this is a terrible move for the current band.

For once, agree with you 100%.

All the things I've argued with people about, defending Axl and the current band.....if they spend 2012 touring and not making a new album (either releasing old stuff or recording new material).....then the money comments and nostalgia band and all that.....well, its hard to defend those comments.

I just don't understand it. Every other band in the world can put out music. Put out a new album them go tour for years again. Pretty simple.

It's odd nowadays isn't it? I was talking to my Dad tonight and he was telling me how he finds it weird that artists put out new albums to promote their tours while even just a decade ago they would go on tour to promote their new album (i.e. visa versa).

Edited by KiraMPD

Don't know about a cd...but with GnR tour dates surfacing and Slash stating tour dates are shaping up and an announcement coming soon...there goes the big reunion following the R+R Hall of Fame induction. :tongue2:

Sorry for all those at www.stuckinfn1987.com :kiss:

:lol: Classic.

I thought you were seeing Tool tonight? Or was that last night? This week's been a blur to me...

Tool was last night...(amazing!!).

If this tour isn't coinciding with new music or an album, this is a terrible move for the current band.

All the things I've argued with people about, defending Axl and the current band.....if they spend 2012 touring and not making a new album (either releasing old stuff or recording new material).....then the money comments and nostalgia band and all that.....well, its hard to defend those comments.

I just don't understand it. Every other band in the world can put out music. Put out a new album them go tour for years again. Pretty simple.

I just wish Axl would level with us. It'd be nice to know the score for once. I can accept it if he can't put out new music because of the record company.

I just wish Axl would level with us. It'd be nice to know the score for once. I can accept it if he can't put out new music because of the record company.

You are right, although I am at least somewhat happy getting twitter messages off tour. That is ten fold what they used to give us which was nothing in down time. Some messages may be cryptic but at least they are doing something :)

You are right, although I am at least somewhat happy getting twitter messages off tour. That is ten fold what they used to give us which was nothing in down time. Some messages may be cryptic but at least they are doing something :)

to aviod any

i agree guns n roses is going to have to choose, are they going to be a nostalgia act who just plays the same shit over and over again or are they going to try and reinvent themselves? i mean right now an EP would be a great stop gap until an album came out. put out 4 new songs tour playing 1 or 2 of these sprinkled into the set take out 1 of the ac/dc songs and maybe take out something from AFD or maybe take out something from CD. of course i love the classic songs but new music is really what im in it for i will always listen to the classics but sometimes you just want something new from your favorite bands

Let's say, best case scenario, that this tour does bring a new album with it. It's more than likely gonna be the leftovers, with Dj and Bumble added in, like how Bumble was layered in CD. I just can't see them releasing a new album of fresh takes, and having it done and handed in by May.

I know some of you guys wanna hear the rest of the CD stuff, but I was hoping they'd go more in the boxset direction, then release an album with whoever happens to be in the band about a year later. Yes, I realize Axl isn't obligated to do as I want, and blah, blah, blah, but I honestly feel like that would have been the best move on their part. Now, IF this is indeed the plan, I'm not as excited. I only really cared for about 4 songs off the last album, and with Axl's "if you didn't like this, you probably won't like that" comment from the chats, I feel like this album will be more of the same. Which truthfully bums me out a little. I don't think it will do that well commercially, and I don't think it will do much for me, though, I'm willing to give the benefit of a doubt.

Guess I'll just wait and see.

yeah i was hoping for a boxset with the rest of the CD stuff and then a new album with the current lineup but the way i look at it is even if it is leftovers its still new to us, no one has heard anything from those records so it would be all new material even it was recorded 10 years ago or whenever

I'd rather have what you call leftovers than a new album from the current lineup. I'm a way bigger Buckethead fan than I am a DJ Ashba or Bumblefoot fan. And Robin may be sloppy live, but he's obviously very talented or Trent and Axl wouldn't have both used him.

I just can't believe that they don't have any other good songs left in the vault. I mean, we don't just have song titles. The 'Checkmate' clip sounds great. People who have heard the General, Atlas, Thyme, Seven say they're great. It is impossible for a song called 'Soul Monster' written and performed by Guns n' Roses to not be good.

I'd love to hear what the current group can do, but these songs have to come out at some point.

Edited by axlsalinger

I'd rather have what you call leftovers than a new album from the current lineup. I'm a way bigger Buckethead fan than I am a DJ Ashba or Bumblefoot fan. And Robin may be sloppy live, but he's obviously very talented or Trent and Axl wouldn't have both used him.

Yeah, but Bucket left going on 8 years ago, and Robin left going on four years ago. They aren't in "GNR" and haven't been for a long time. It's harder looking at this as a band, when the albums just reflect a revolving door of musicians.

Personally, I'd be interested to see what the current lineup could cook up. I've already heard what the former nu guys did, and a lot of it wasn't my personal cup of tea. I also don't think a more of the same approach would do well commercially this time around even with a whirlwind of promotion, but I guess that's a debate for another thread.

This isn't a band in the traditional sense. To me it's Axl and whoever he can get to work with him on new music and/or touring.

The current lineup can have their chance after CD II. It's not like releasing a new album will really delay things for them. It'll probably take them at least 5 years to make an album of their own anyway.

Does new tour dates in places they've played before on the CD 2010 Tour mean a new album is imminent? Does CD II Finally Start Now?

Uh, maybe it's just the... oh i dunno.. European leg of the current tour. Tours can have hiatuses right? Right? Hell I dunno, but I would like to take this moment to plug an old thread of mine. Is Axl predictable or unpredictable?

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre

Just saying, doesn't help Axl trying to convince people this is a band in the traditional sense.

Axl shouldn't even bother trying to convince people that this is a band in the traditional sense. We're all here (most of us) for Axl at this point anyway. Put out good music and people will come around.

I figured I'll throw my 2 cents in. It would make sense that this tour would be accompanied with a new release from Guns N' Roses. Whether it is a re-release of Chinese Democracy with bonus tracks, remix disk and concert DVD or CD II, I'm not sure. They have toured Europe after Chidem came out, which is why I think they would put out something new this time. But as Popcorn said, they could just be touring for revenue as this band and the individuals themselves need money to live and support themselves. I'm not expecting anything new, that way if nothing happens I won't be disappointed. If something does happen however, I'll be over the moon. I'm wondering whether the re-release of the UYI DVD was negotiation with the record label to promote the next release in that "OK we will do this if you give us that" kind of way. But that's based on nothing really.

Just saying, doesn't help Axl trying to convince people this is a band in the traditional sense.

Axl shouldn't even bother trying to convince people that this is a band in the traditional sense. We're all here (most of us) for Axl at this point anyway. Put out good music and people will come around.

Indeed. It works for NIN. However NIN was always a one man show from the beginning... There will always be people saying "but Slash is gone, fuck that" no matter how brilliant the music is....

I don't mind new songs being played, but I sure as hell wouldn't give up WTTJ, It's so Easy , Civil War, etc. up for it at a live show. Most bands play a setlist with classics, with a couple new songs sprinkled here and there. I don't know why GNR fans are awlays complaining about the lack of new songs on the setlist.

Because there are no new songs on the setlist. Even the Chinese Democracy songs are +12 years old.

Because there are no new songs on the setlist. Even the Chinese Democracy songs are +12 years old.

Some of them might be that old, but they were still first released to the public 3.5 years ago, and as a result, most people first heard them them in late 2008. Some concert goers might have heard some of them before, and a "downloading motherfucker" like yourself might have heard them for a while, but surely you don't think Guns N' Roses tour for you? They tour for the normal concert-goers who will -- based on the great reviews from 2011 -- be delighted with the setlist and the shows in 2012. To them, there will be lots of new songs in the setlist. Is this really so hard to comprehend?

Sure, a new album would be great. If not, who cares. A Guns show is pretty much always a great night, and it's been 18 years since we heard Civil War or Estranged played on these shores.

lets hope they don't drop them though

my best guess would be that the European tour has nothing to do with a new album.. it's just that, a tour.

Then I'd think they'll start laying down some tracks this fall and an album by the summer 2013.. doesn't sound like the awesome plan people are hoping for but it's a realistic guess

Some of them might be that old, but they were still first released to the public 3.5 years ago, and as a result, most people first heard them them in late 2008. Some concert goers might have heard some of them before, and a "downloading motherfucker" like yourself might have heard them for a while, but surely you don't think Guns N' Roses tour for you? They tour for the normal concert-goers who will -- based on the great reviews from 2011 -- be delighted with the setlist and the shows in 2012. To them, there will be lots of new songs in the setlist. Is this really so hard to comprehend?

This will be the 3th European tour in 6 years. I think people know the songs by now. By the way, not a single newspaper or magazine in my homecountry have mentioned anything about the greatness of the 2011 tour.