Where did the Legend of the Red Panda originate?

ITW 2012

Where did the Legend of the Red Panda originate? I've been reading talk of this Red Panda for quite some time, but I figured it was just some sort of joke like The Garden City Demos. However, now we've got this below. Can somebody tell me what the fucking is going on?

monstrosity.jpg

monstrosity2g.jpg

Edited by ITW 2012

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did the Legend of the Red Panda originate? I've been reading talk of this Red Panda for quite some time, but I figured it was just some sort of joke like The Garden City Demos. However, now we've got this below. Can somebody tell me what the fucking is going on?

monstrosity.jpg

monstrosity2g.jpg

Where did you get these photos? Who claims to have this single?

Wow, very cool looking. Although wasn't monstrosity a title we heard before? Sounds kinda familiar.

Also any chance anyone could blow up the picture on the back of that cover? Looks like there's flames or something on there.

Yeah i'm sure the title Monstrosity has been about for a while it sounds familiar.

Well this is odd...

Someone has either spent a long time producing a very good fake cover for a new single, or... well.. lets not get into the or because I really cannot see how even thats possible.

My doubt is how it uses the exact same font as the Chinese Democracy albums, and is very similar to it.

I am calling B.S. on this, title credits: Roses, Stinson, Ashba

Ashba's stuff wouldnt be recorded yet.

If he just added something to the song, he takes credit too.

Indeed. Any changes to the arrangement, even something minor, would be enough to give him credit. Whose to say he hasn't been to the studio at least once since 2009 when he joined to record/re-work some parts.

Its fake. I'll repeat what I said on another thread:

ASCAP site has nothing about this song. Also, the Publishers are Black Frog (Axl), Done to Death (Tommy) and Losingmymind (Dizzy). So, where's Ashba in all this?

And, most important...

This is the same kid who posted on that Portuguese forum. He was online just enjoying all the hype and didn't bother to explain anything.

Indeed. Any changes to the arrangement, even something minor, would be enough to give him credit. Whose to say he hasn't been to the studio at least once since 2009 when he joined to record/re-work some parts.

No, arrangements get credits for it, not for writing. You can just read the Chinese Democracy booklet to see that.

If it's a relatively old title would Ashba have a writing credit ahead of other members?

It could have been a song strictly arranged by Axl and Tommy, and then Ashba added something to it.

Songwriting credits generally go to those responsible for the arrangement, lyrics, and principle melodies. For example, Steve Harris writes most of Iron Maiden's music, but that doesn't mean the other guys don't come in with guitar solos, suggestions, and that kind of thing. Changes to the overall arrangment do warrant a writing credit.

Thanks for the link to that forum more or less explains the origin, it's a good effort by the dude though. I kinda like that panda.

/\ yeah just wondering if Ashba would have added to it and not any of the other guys seen as though they've been in the band for a long time and Ashba was saying he'd made x amount of songs, would be surprising that the others wouldn't have had any input on something that's been around for a while.

Edited by RandallFlagg

Its fake. I'll repeat what I said on another thread:

ASCAP site has nothing about this song. Also, the Publishers are Black Frog (Axl), Done to Death (Tommy) and Losingmymind (Dizzy). So, where's Ashba in all this?

And, most important...

This is the same kid who posted on that Portuguese forum. He was online just enjoying all the hype and didn't bother to explain anything.

No, arrangements get credits for it, not for writing. You can just read the Chinese Democracy booklet to see that.

I forget Chinese Democracy credited arrangements separately. My mistake.

Still, my point was that there has been more than enough time for Ashba to write or re-write something already going since 2009.

That being said, I know this is a fake.