Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Where did the Legend of the Red Panda originate?

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

James Bond

James Bond

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,409 posts
  • 19-December 04

I am calling B.S. on this, title credits: Roses, Stinson, Ashba

Ashba's stuff wouldnt be recorded yet.

If he just added something to the song, he takes credit too.

Indeed. Any changes to the arrangement, even something minor, would be enough to give him credit. Whose to say he hasn't been to the studio at least once since 2009 when he joined to record/re-work some parts.

5206.jpg

Toronto 2006 - Hamilton 2010 & 2011 - Buffalo 2013

RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts
  • 16-October 11
If it's a relatively old title would Ashba have a writing credit ahead of other members?

'I bought me an illusion and I put it on the wall, I let it fill my head with dreams and had to have them all.'

''You're a very sexy girl who's very hard to please, you can taste the bright lights but you won't get them f- GIVE ME THE FUCKING BALL!!!!'' - Axl, Roskilde Festival 06

Voodoochild

Voodoochild

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • 02-April 05
Its fake. I'll repeat what I said on another thread:

ASCAP site has nothing about this song. Also, the Publishers are Black Frog (Axl), Done to Death (Tommy) and Losingmymind (Dizzy). So, where's Ashba in all this?

And, most important...

My link

This is the same kid who posted on that Portuguese forum. He was online just enjoying all the hype and didn't bother to explain anything.

Indeed. Any changes to the arrangement, even something minor, would be enough to give him credit. Whose to say he hasn't been to the studio at least once since 2009 when he joined to record/re-work some parts.

No, arrangements get credits for it, not for writing. You can just read the Chinese Democracy booklet to see that.
SIGNATURE EDITED: PLEASE CHECK SIGNATURE GUIDELINES: http://www.mygnrforu...?showtopic=9592

The Real McCoy

The Real McCoy

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 5,531 posts
  • 14-February 11
Ish just got serious....

"I'm the original rock n' roll cliche, Gypsy, pirate, cowboy, You wouldn't last a minute in my boots, 'Cos baby, I'm the Real McCoy" - Hanoi Rocks

James Bond

James Bond

• Members
  • 7,409 posts
  • 19-December 04

If it's a relatively old title would Ashba have a writing credit ahead of other members?

It could have been a song strictly arranged by Axl and Tommy, and then Ashba added something to it.

Songwriting credits generally go to those responsible for the arrangement, lyrics, and principle melodies. For example, Steve Harris writes most of Iron Maiden's music, but that doesn't mean the other guys don't come in with guitar solos, suggestions, and that kind of thing. Changes to the overall arrangment do warrant a writing credit.

5206.jpg

RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts
  • 16-October 11
Thanks for the link to that forum more or less explains the origin, it's a good effort by the dude though. I kinda like that panda.

/\ yeah just wondering if Ashba would have added to it and not any of the other guys seen as though they've been in the band for a long time and Ashba was saying he'd made x amount of songs, would be surprising that the others wouldn't have had any input on something that's been around for a while.

Edited by RandallFlagg, 29 January 2012 - 04:35 PM.

'I bought me an illusion and I put it on the wall, I let it fill my head with dreams and had to have them all.'

''You're a very sexy girl who's very hard to please, you can taste the bright lights but you won't get them f- GIVE ME THE FUCKING BALL!!!!'' - Axl, Roskilde Festival 06

James Bond

James Bond

• Members
  • 7,409 posts
  • 19-December 04

Its fake. I'll repeat what I said on another thread:

ASCAP site has nothing about this song. Also, the Publishers are Black Frog (Axl), Done to Death (Tommy) and Losingmymind (Dizzy). So, where's Ashba in all this?

And, most important...

My link

This is the same kid who posted on that Portuguese forum. He was online just enjoying all the hype and didn't bother to explain anything.

No, arrangements get credits for it, not for writing. You can just read the Chinese Democracy booklet to see that.

I forget Chinese Democracy credited arrangements separately. My mistake.

Still, my point was that there has been more than enough time for Ashba to write or re-write something already going since 2009.

That being said, I know this is a fake.

5206.jpg

OptimusPrimeNL

OptimusPrimeNL

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • 23-September 11
I try to not get my hopes up, but it's so fucking hard! maybe this is monday's great news! But making a fake cover is not so hard, but that seal look pretty real!

EDIT: I think the big monday news is a new tour

Edited by OptimusPrimeNL, 29 January 2012 - 04:55 PM.

"The new guy, mr. Duff McKagan"

X_Patience_X

X_Patience_X

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,987 posts
  • 05-February 05
I'm on the side of it being fake, but its just such an impressive one at that, it makes me wonder :confused: Especially being coupled with an announcement tomorrow
<center>

"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a sun
In somebody else's sky, but why, why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine?"
</center>

WhazUp

WhazUp

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,609 posts
  • 29-February 08
IF this is real then it seems that Beta has done in mere months what other managers have not accomplished in years!

RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts
  • 16-October 11
Like voodoochild said, the guy posted it and barely stuck around, maybe he just didn't care for attention the way some leakers do but I think it's just a well done fake. I welcome new material however, from the vault of Rose's Malibu mansion or more recent ventures..

Randy Jesus

Randy Jesus

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • 05-October 06

So would frank, Richard, and Bumblefoot.

Gunns

Gunns

and dont you forget it!

• Members
  • 9,336 posts
  • 12-December 08
Guys, READ what voodoochild is saying

it's fake!

End of

Evaderific_zpsde849811.png

In Evaders name - Amen.

gavgnr

gavgnr

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • 11-April 05
It's a fake guys, check out the image of the Street of Dreams single (I googled it).

It's an elaborate and very good imitation though!

Only in the world of gnr!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxB9B0444E-5E4A-4A09-A3F8-A4AC01334F64-552xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sweersa

Sweersa

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • 04-July 08

Its fake.

That single may be, but the song is not fake.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users