List of GnR songs that you HAVE heard on the radio

liers

I was thinking the other day, and realised that I haven't really heard many gnr songs played on the radio. Now I'm curious, what GnR songs HAVE you heard on the radio, and how often?

Mine...

Sweet child o' mine: often

Welcome to the jungle: often

Don't cry: rarely

My Michelle: rarely

Patience: often

november rain: About once or twice a week

Live and let die: About once or twice a week

Knocking on heavens door: often

Yesterdays: rarely

Night train: once or twice a week

You could be mine: often

Civil war: often, the station I listen to seems to play this the most out of the other gnr songs.

Paradise city: often

sypathy for the devil: rarely

Oh my god: Once or twice when it came out, not recently though

Chinese democracy: A lot when it first came out, but not for a while now.

Almost forgot these two, Used to love her: Very often, and Mr brownstone: Often

Edited by liers

Around 99% of the radio stations in Spain are not into rock so go figure...

I used to listen to one of the very few called "Rock & Gol" where they played only rock and I loved it that almost every morning they played a gnr song while I was driving to my classes but this station is being extinguished and now I can only hear it in internet.

WTTJ, SCOM, Paradise City, Knocking on heavens door : Often (one of them is played atleast once a day)

Patience, Don't Cry, November rain, YCBM, Live and let die, Civil war : A little less often

Rocket Queen, Nightrain, Estranged : rarely

14 Years, Yesterdays : once or twice recently (really late at night)

Chinese democracy : maybe once

There Was A Time - TODAY!!! > http://www.planetrock.com/music/artist/guns-n-roses/track/115/

...made my day.

Edited by KiraMPD

I was thinking the other day, and realised that I haven't really heard many gnr songs played on the radio. Now I'm curious, what GnR songs HAVE you heard on the radio, and how often?

Mine...

Civil war: often, the station I listen to seems to play this the most out of the other gnr songs.

SOD on November 23, 2008 and thats it haha

Mine...

I've never heard Night Train, that's for sure ;)

Good idea for a thread!

My local rock station plays quite a bit of Guns N' Roses. They also tend to play the full versions and not the radio edits, which is always nice.

Aside from the usual hits (Jungle, Paradise City, Sweet Child, Patience, November Rain, etc...) they tend to play Nightrain and Brownstone a lot. I've also heard My Michelle. When Chinese Democracy first came out they had a "Guns N' Roses Weekend" where they played lots of the classics as well as pretty well every cut from Chinese. I was fortunate enough to hear Prostitute on the radio. After that, I heard Better and Chinese Democracy rotated for a while before that died off. Now it's generally the old stuff.

When my radio station was a local radio station and not some terrible Clear Channel national broadcast bullshit they used to play out of the ordinary songs pretty often:

Appetite: All of them except Out ta Get Me.

Lies: Patience, Used to Love Her, Nice Boys

UYI I: Live and Let Die, Don't Cry, November Rain, The Garden, Bad Apples, Dead Horse

UYI II: Civil War, Yesterdays, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Pretty Tied Up, Estranged, You Could Be Mine, Don't Cry (alt. lyrics)

Spaghetti: Aint It Fun, Hair of the Dog

CD: Chinese Democracy, Shackler's Revenge, Better, Street of Dreams, Sorry, Madagascar

Also, Sympathy for the Devil.

But now it is no longer local and it is fucking terrible. Mostly just modern buttrock with the shittiest songs that the bands of yesteryear put out. If Guns is on it's one of their two UYI covers or the 4 minute version of SCOM, and the DJ talks shit about Axl every single time (I'm all for talking about how big of a dipshit he is, but enough is enough). If Metallica is on it's one of their terrible 90s tunes, if it's Nirvana it's SLTS, if it's AC/DC it's one of the Brian Johnson songs, if it's Skynyrd it's Sweet Home Alabama, if it's Crue it's something stupid like Girls, and forget hearing anything metal. I miss my radio station SO MUCH!

Welcome to the Jungle

Mr. Brownstone

Out ta Get Me

Paradise City

Sweet Child O' Mine

Patience

You're Crazy

Live and Let Die

Don't Cry

November Rain

The Garden

Yesterdays

Knocking on heavens door

You Could be Mine

Sympathy for the Devil

Better

AUSTRALIAN RADIO SUCKS!!!

Well, in Brazil we don't have many stations wich plays rock n' roll. We have 102,1 ( KISS FM ), usually 92,1 ( Mit FM ) and usually 106,3. They don't play many GN'R songs, when they play it's most like Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child, KOHD in the GN'R version, November Rain and that's it. Sometimes they play My Michelle, Patience, Paradise City, Don't Cry, Nightrain ( all these songs i just heard on the radio 3 or 4 times ) . And just one time i heard Better, Chinese Democracy and Breakdown.

Welcome To The Jungle: often

Sweet Child O' Mine: often

Paradise City: often

Live and Let Die: often

November Rain: every so often

Don't Cry: every so often

Patience: every so often

You Could Be Mine: rarely

Nightrain: NOT ENOUGH

Civil War: very rarely

Mr. Brownstone: very rarely

Use To Love Her: once or twice

Chinese Democracy: once, around the time CD was being released

don't think I'm missing anything

Edited by sweetness

These are the songs that I can remembered hearing on the radio in the last 20+ years:

WTTJ

Sweet Child

Nightrain

PC

Patience

Used To Love Her

Pretty Tied Up

Sympathy For The Devil

Don't Cry

You Could Be Mine

Chinese Democracy

Live & Let Die

November Rain

Civil War

Yesterdays

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Estranged

Hair Of The Dog

Ain't It Fun

Well, in Brazil we don't have many stations wich plays rock n' roll. We have 102,1 ( KISS FM ), usually 92,1 ( Mit FM ) and usually 106,3. They don't play many GN'R songs, when they play it's most like Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child, KOHD in the GN'R version, November Rain and that's it. Sometimes they play My Michelle, Patience, Paradise City, Don't Cry, Nightrain ( all these songs i just heard on the radio 3 or 4 times ) . And just one time i heard Better, Chinese Democracy and Breakdown.

I would have thought Brazil would have a lot of rock stations :question:

The last GN'R song I heard on the radio was Mr. Brownstone. It was during a show on Planet Rock Radio where Duff was the guest. The show was a repeat but there you have it.

Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, Believe In Me and Sleaze Factory were also played.

I also heard 14 Years the weekened before which blew me away because (I think) that was the first time I had heard a song sung by Izzy on the radio.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy2004

Sweet Child O' Mine

Paradise City

Welcome To The Jungle

November Rain

The Garden

Estranged

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Since I Don't Have You

Patience

Live and Let Die

Don't Cry

Yesterdays

__

I don't listen to a radio that often but I haven't heard any CD songs yet. I think radio stations here don't even know Chinese Democracy exists.

They actually play Guns N' Roses quite often for me. Not new Guns since they don't fit in with the classic rock scene or the mainstream rock scene.

Since January 1st, 2012

Sweet Child O' Mine six times

November Rain three times

Paradise City twice

Mr. Brownstone

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Live and Let Die

Welcome to the Jungle

I don't even really listen to the radio very often. My station plays the same four bands over and over again (Beatles, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Aerosmith), and when those bands aren't played, it's GN'R.