How much influence do we actually have on Axl?

31illusions

I see alot of speculation on this forum about the release of CD II even though there has never been a single word spoken about it coming out officially.

Do we, the fans and media actually have any influence on Axl to release it? Seems like there was so much pressure built up behind CD before it came

out and then it did (eventually). Do you think we can get Axl to put this thing out if we don't shut up about it and keep pressuring him for it?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see alot of speculation on this forum about the release of CD II even though there has never been a single word spoken about it coming out officially.

Do we, the fans and media actually have any influence on Axl to release it? Seems like there was so much pressure built up behind CD before it came

out and then it did (eventually). Do you think we can get Axl to put this thing out if we don't shut up about it and keep pressuring him for it?

Fucken zilch.

So weird that people act like Axl has no obligation to his fans.

Most musicians care a lot about their fans. Fans are the difference between a musician living in an apartment and playing clubs in front of 100 people as opposed to playing in front of thousands, traveling the world, millions of dollars and living in 25,000 square foot houses.

Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions

From Dexter.

Probably better off badgering Bumblefoot.

It's funny to me how Axl talks. Like why can't he just say "I don't care what you think...I do what I want." It's like he wants to be perceived as being smart and articulate...I mean, honestly, I have a higher education than Axl...not saying he's not a musical genius and one of the greatest lyricists of all time, but come on...

Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions

From Dexter.

It's funny to me how Axl talks. Like why can't he just say "I don't care what you think...I do what I want." It's like he wants to be perceived as being smart and articulate...I mean, honestly, I have a higher education than Axl...not saying he's not a musical genius and one of the greatest lyricists of all time, but come on...

I think it differs person to person. I talk like that in real life, and I don't even realize I'm doing it until someone points it out. On the other hand, you can tell when someone's doing it specifically to look intelligent. You'd have to physically see him say it to make a judgment about that, I think. :shrugs:

where did you find that quote in your sig? Did Axl say that? lol

I actually found it somewhere on this forum. Apparently, Axl said it. I thought it was hilarious, so I sig'd it.

Edit:

Axl categorically denies there will be a GN’R reunion & defends Chinese Democracy against the naysayers in an all-new interview.

Axl Rose has taken part in a brand new Q&A with Billboard.

Amongst the highlights, Axl speaks on the possibility of a GN’R reunion:

“I could see doing a song or so on the side with Izzy [stradlin] or having him out [on tour] again. I’m not so comfortable with doing anything having more than one of the alumni. Maybe something with Duff [McKagan], but that’s it, and not something I’d have to really get down into, as I’d get left with sorting it out and then blamed on top of it. So, no, not me.”

“In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan’s message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, “Yeah, and while you’re at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family.”

“Give me a fucking break. What’s clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man.”

“There are acts that, once committed between individuals, they are what they are. To add insult to injury almost day after day, lapsing into year after year, for more than a decade, is a nightmare. Anyone putting his own personal entertainment above everything else is sickening.”

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

From Dexter.

How do you have a higher education?

High school drop outs can be smarter than college graduates.

No, we don't have the influence to force him bringing a new album out.

About CW and Estranged: That's a different story. It's easier to play a song than release an album.

I think those songs added to the setlist prove that Axl does care enough about what we think. That's all I'm saying. I don't think we can pressure an album out of him.

From Dexter.

Uh, no.

From Dexter.

Uh, no.

I'm an AP student, among the top 5 in my class of 650, and I can tell you that there are people in the bottom 5 of my class who are smarter than me. I know someone who gets straight Ds who's smarter than our valedictorian. 2 of the guys in front of me are complete morons. School/grades/education level really don't depict an accurate assessment of who's smart and who's not. I also think intelligence can be subjective. You may find people who can spout off about quantum physics the smartest of the group, but I think people who can come up with creative solutions are the most intelligent. :thumbsup:

Like Bruce Dickinson. He didn't complete college, but if you hear an interview with him, I bet he'd knock the socks off a doctor or a rocket scientist. He just thinks differently than most people do.

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

This isn't a subject I really even care to get into, to be honest. I realize the other side of the argument. But someone who has the drive and desire to get a higher education is smarter in my mind than someone who drops out of high school but can speak articulately and write well. You can also say that someone with a phd in a certain field is smart in that area but doesn't know shit about 95% of the rest of the things there are to learn in life. Someone with no education can in fact be very intelligent. This is common knowledge. It's all subjective. But saying high school dropouts are smarter than college graduates is just not a rational argument. It's a copout for people who are lazy.

P.S. I only went to a year of college before joining the military. So I'm admitting I'm a retard. :thumbsup: