NYC Bitch Committee back in action

Black Sabbath

Doesn't matter how great the video is, it's wrong to sell this stuff. ROIOs should be traded freely, and it's people like this that give tapers a bad rep and make it harder to tape.

Well said. And the NYC Bitch Committee guys are complete cunts.

sometimes I wish we had a "like" button on here, so much faster than typing :lol:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much to quote, so:

@bionic - It's alright. We're cool :thumbsup:

@Powerage, if you, or anyone buys one of the shows, PM me

As for artwork, these guys aren't very good at that part, in my opinion. :lol: So with that being said, I'll be making my own and posting it whenever the time comes.

Also, these guys put clips of "Cheech and Chong" at the beginning and end of each DVD, to help prevent people from uploading them, so you need to be careful if you upload them to a site. If I can get them, I'll gladly re-author all of the shows and make my own version, similar to the Los Angeles and Vegas shows I did from iClips (though these would be better quality).

So, after all of the shows are out, maybe we can get prices and the mods could organize something so that one of us, myself or someone like me who can rip these, edit, etc., could get these out there for everyone to enjoy. :thumbsup:

Too much to quote, so:

As for artwork, these guys aren't very good at that part, in my opinion. :lol: So with that being said, I'll be making my own and posting it whenever the time comes.

Also, these guys put clips of "Cheech and Chong" at the beginning and end of each DVD, to help prevent people from uploading them, so you need to be careful if you upload them to a site. If I can get them, I'll gladly re-author all of the shows and make my own version, similar to the Los Angeles and Vegas shows I did from iClips (though these would be better quality).

So, after all of the shows are out, maybe we can get prices and the mods could organize something so that one of us, myself or someone like me who can rip these, edit, etc., could get these out there for everyone to enjoy. :thumbsup:

Are you a member of the Guns torrent tracker? I'm for this. I hate the Bitch Committee menus (or the lack thereof in some cases).

Too much to quote, so:

Are you a member of the Guns torrent tracker? I'm for this. I hate the Bitch Committee menus (or the lack thereof in some cases).

I am a member of that tracker, but the original versions from the NYCBC cannot be uploaded there due to the movie footage they add to the discs. Someone, myself or anyone else interested, would have to remake the whole thing and upload it there. I have no problem doing something such as that.

So, if the mods could organize something so that members can donate something, whether it be a dollar or whatever, and then we can get all 3 shows (or any others), I'll gladly re-author all of the shows.

I am a member of that tracker, but the original versions from the NYCBC cannot be uploaded there due to the movie footage they add to the discs. Someone, myself or anyone else interested, would have to remake the whole thing and upload it there. I have no problem doing something such as that.

So, if the mods could organize something so that members can donate something, whether it be a dollar or whatever, and then we can get all 3 shows (or any others), I'll gladly re-author all of the shows.

Yeah, just making sure you'll be able to upload it there. It's probably the best place.

And I've gotten like three NYC BC shows with no film scenes anywhere. Did they just start doing that or are all the '06 shows that I have from them re-authored?

Edited by DaneisKing1389

Yeah, just making sure you'll be able to upload it there. It's probably the best place.

And I've gotten like three NYC BC shows with no film scenes anywhere. Did they just start doing that or are all the '06 shows that I have from them re-authored?

The last time I bought a show from them was in 2010, so maybe they started doing it after '06. They definitely do it now.

It seems like a few people at least would be up for this. So, after the third NYC show, I'll contact them and ask what they want for a bundle for all three.

They also have East Rutherford and Camden from the last leg, so if enough people are interested, maybe we can try to get all 5.

Also, as I said, they may or may not do Atlantic City, so we'll see about that as well.

I was thinking of starting a topic dedicated to running a vine for these shows. I'm thinking I'll see how many people sign on to do it and chip in for a week and we'll split the cost evenly however many ways; the more people willing to put in some money, the less we pay individually. I think it might be better to do different transactions, that way people can pick and choose what vines to participate in. If we tried to do a lot of the 3 NYC shows and the 2 NJ shows, that'd be 15 DVDs everyone would have to send to the next person in the vine. Not to mention, I don't think they do discounts for more shows purchased.

Also, I'm very interested in their video of Anthrax at the Best Buy Theater last week, if anyone is interested in that I'd love if I could at lest go halves with someone on that one...;)

Sometimes they will do discounts if you buy in bulk.

I'm not sure if I understand the method you're explaining, Powerage? The way I thought of doing it is all one transaction for whichever shows and one person gets sent the originals. Then, that person rips all of them and uploads them.

I think it might be easier that way since if they get re-authored then each show wouldn't take up 3 discs, have proper menus (not all of theirs do), and they won't have the annoying movie clips attached to them.

We'll see though - it'll depend on how many people are actually interested in the shows and how much the whole thing will be. :shrugs:

Sometimes they will do discounts if you buy in bulk.

I'm not sure if I understand the method you're explaining, Powerage? The way I thought of doing it is all one transaction for whichever shows and one person gets sent the originals. Then, that person rips all of them and uploads them.

I think it might be easier that way since if they get re-authored then each show wouldn't take up 3 discs, have proper menus (not all of theirs do), and they won't have the annoying movie clips attached to them.

We'll see though - it'll depend on how many people are actually interested in the shows and how much the whole thing will be. :shrugs:

I was talking about doing a trade vine; same as your method but with mailed trades. Your way could work too; whatever more people want to do.

Ah, I see. That's what I thought, but I still wasn't sure.

As nonlinear said, a torrenting system would be much faster and cheaper (postage, mainly). As well as avoiding any screw ups with sending them and stuff. Also, torrents will get them to more people, especially once they're uploaded to the GnRTracker.

But, after the NYCBC has all of the shows, I'll contact them and see what they want for all of them and maybe be able to strike a cheaper deal with them, as I did when I bought 3 Ozzy shows I attended from them.

I'll keep you guys updated and then we'll figure something out. :thumbsup:

Do they still put their watermark in the bottom right of everything? What a load of shit that is. If I'm paying for it, get it the fuck off.

The vine works really well too as long as people actually mail a copy and participate.

We can let the torrent group in on it as well, as I'm sure they're more than willing to drop a buck to help out.

Edited by DaneisKing1389