Stone Temple Pilots

The Real McCoy

I really hope you're joking with that comparison of those records. I'm about to buy the EP and I hate the self titled.

I dig the s/t album so maybe the EP will be more up your alley, I just personally prefer tunes like Maver, Hichory Dichotomy, Peacoat, and Between the Lines to the newer material.

• Like 1

I love Maver. I can see why some STP fans don't dig it but one of the things I always loved about the band is how each record was different from the last.

I'm also psyched for the next Weiland solo album. I enjoyed most of the 2 discs of Happy In Galoshes. I wonder if he'll do a nice mix again of out there tunes and straightforward rock.

Just listened to the new EP... it's awesome!! I liked the last album but this EP is more inspired, it's got a fire that few tracks from that album have. And I'm so happy for Chester. He grew up on STO. It has always been his favorite band and it must be a dream come true fir him, so he gabe it his best on every track. Imagine if one of us got called up by Axl. That is what this is like.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Staten Island rocker could be next Stone Temple Pilots frontman

March 08, 2016

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — Mike Loughlin may not be anything like the late Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland, but he sure does sound a lot like him.  Loughlin, a Staten Islander and singer for Screaming Broccolli, aka the self-proclaimed "Best Cover Band in the World," has submitted an audition tape to the successful '90s rock band, which is looking for a new singer after its long-time frontman died in December last year of an accidental overdose.

http://www.silive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/03/local_musician_in_the_running.html