Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Appetite for Discussion (A4D)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

SoulMonster

SoulMonster

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,023 posts
  • 12-December 08
Appetite for Discussion now targeting the gullible fan market!

To meet the new competition, A4D has decided to launch a membership package! For only 19.99 plus shipping I will send you an original A4D membership bandana with artwork created by my 2 year-old daughter*. In addition to this exclusive collector's item you will receive your very own forum badge to explicitly mark you as a special gullible member at A4D!

Don't hesitate, take advantage of this time limited offer to become a super member!

NB: You don't have to be a paying member to enjoy all our databases, chat (official GN'R chat embedded into A4D), forums, widgets, badges system, etc etc ad nauseum. But you will have to shell out cash to be marked as that special breed of board member.

http://www.a-4-d.com/

*Information in very small letters: If we have run out of bandanas we will compensate by sending you something else we find in our warehouse (basement)

Edited by SoulMonster, 26 July 2012 - 10:14 AM.

Taking things too seriously since 1988. -- I wonder how it is to be an agnostic, dyslexic insomniac, lying awake at night wondering if there really is a dog. -- NEVER EXPECT, ALWAYS HOPE.

avahland

avahland

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • 30-December 06

To meet the new competition, A4D has decided to launch a membership package! For only 19.99 plus shipping I will send you an original A4D membership bandana with artwork created by my 2 year-old daughter*. In addition to this exclusive collector's item you will receive your very own forum badge to explicitly mark you as a special gullible member at A4D!

Don't hesitate, take advantage of this time limited offer to become a super member!

NB: You don't have to be a paying member to enjoy all our databases, chat (official GN'R chat embedded into A4D), forums, widgets, badges system, etc etc ad nauseum. But you will have to shell out cash to be marked as that special breed of board member.

http://www.a-4-d.com/

*Information in very small letters: If we have run out of bandanas we will compensate by sending you something else we find in our warehouse (basement)

:thumbsup:

I am not a paying human being...but I understand why things aren't for free always....but this alternative is FUN

_HelloBeatle_

_HelloBeatle_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • 02-April 12
Great site if you need quick info on a song, album or band member. Excellent job with all the quotes you've provided in your database. I visit it quite often.

SoulMonster

SoulMonster

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,023 posts
  • 12-December 08

Great site if you need quick info on a song, album or band member. Excellent job with all the quotes you've provided in your database. I visit it quite often.

Thank you :). I am currently working hard on making one thread for each concert in GN'R history, full of reviews, setlist info, pictures, quotes etcetera. A4D is going to be the most comprehensive site for everything Guns N' Roses -- and a great forum, too!

Taking things too seriously since 1988. -- I wonder how it is to be an agnostic, dyslexic insomniac, lying awake at night wondering if there really is a dog. -- NEVER EXPECT, ALWAYS HOPE.

SoulMonster

SoulMonster

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,023 posts
  • 12-December 08
Tour stats page updated: http://www.a-4-d.com...statistics#6312

Think I will have a beer tonight to celebrate the 700th show in my database :D.

What else is new? Not much, still working on finishing touches on databases, adding pictures, stylistic changes, new Slash interviews and new banner, soon.

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• SILVER
  • 17,195 posts
  • 25-November 02
Gotta give credit where it's due, you've put a lot of work into the site and it shows! :thumbsup:

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

SoulMonster

SoulMonster

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,023 posts
  • 12-December 08

Gotta give credit where it's due, you've put a lot of work into the site and it shows! :thumbsup:

It's easy to get some work done when there's very little to moderate :). Thanks!

SoulMonster

SoulMonster

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,023 posts
  • 12-December 08
As of today:

- 411 concerts entered in the database (out of 700 in total), plan to finish this by the end of 2012.
- 339 interviews spanning 1985-2012,
- 85 songs with lyrics, quotes and other information.
- 22 GN'R members presented with quotes, pictures and other information.
- 163 bootlegs with direct download from our own servers. NEED HELP TO EXPAND THIS!
- Separate sections for news, rumours and discussion (all eras, every lineup, no bias, no hating).
- Additional sections for non GN'R topics.
- Embedded chat.
- 191 members.
- No ads.
- Our own ranking system (displaying the career development of a lowly roadie all the way to superstar).
- Our own currency which can be used for blogspots, individualized ranks, beer, and much more.
- Line-in twitter and google news.
- "Like" system for individual posts.
- Friends & foe system.
- PM system.

SoulMonster

SoulMonster

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,023 posts
  • 12-December 08
Just finished adding all gigs from 1992! I would appreciate people sharing their reviews and thoughts on the different concerts that took place that year, and any other year.

Check it out here: http://www.a-4-d.com/

SoulMonster

SoulMonster

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,023 posts
  • 12-December 08
Member number 200 registered today! Woo-hoo!

Almost finished with the 1993 gig database..

Edited by SoulMonster, 17 October 2012 - 05:16 AM.

SoulMonster

SoulMonster

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,023 posts
  • 12-December 08
Finished with the 1993 dates. This means that the "old guns" database is complete with a separate thread for each and every gigs from the classic era! I will now continue with the "new guns" dates (most of them are already present, and then continue adding pictures, videos, quotes, reviews etc to every gig in the complete GN'R gig database. YAY!!!

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • 7,168 posts
  • 06-February 10
Very nice site and obviously a labor of love...

Edited by classicrawker, 18 October 2012 - 09:03 AM.

IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SLASH FAN!

LuanVictor

LuanVictor

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • 18-June 11
Great forum. rock3

"Complaints, complaints and complaints" - Beta Lebeis
5yrnh4.jpg

SoulMonster

SoulMonster

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,023 posts
  • 12-December 08

I really liked that 'labor of love' comment. Very well put. And thank you :)

Just wanted to update on new improvements to the forum.

I am currently adding the following new functions to A4D:

- Automatic cross-referencing between databases to make it easier to find information.

- Dynamic databases that allow instant updating of information across all sections. This will make the databases more valuable with current data.

- Small improvements of layout.

- Dynamic dictionary that allows certain words to be associated with text box definitions. This will be a great boon to newbies who aren't familiar with some of the terms we old-timers use when discussing GN'R.

- A brand new chatbox. I used to have Nightrain chat embedded, but with the little activity there, I decided to rather focus on A4D's own chatbox which is way cooler with lots more features.

There are more, too, I just can't remember right now. Too much wine. Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users