[SPOILER ALERT] Iron Maiden - Maiden England 2012 Tour

Powerage5

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setlist...I'm hoping something like this:

1. Moonchild (With the tape intro like '88, not the live intro like '08)

2. The Evil That Men Do

3. Die With Your Boots On

4. The Trooper

5. Wasted Years

6. Infinite Dreams

7. Still Life

8. Phantom Of The Opera

9. The Clairvoyant

10. Killers

11. Heaven Can Wait

12. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

13. Iron Maiden

-----

14. The Prisoner

15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

16. Running Free or Sanctuary

Wow!...you don't fuck around with your wishful thinking setlists! :)

Nope, sure don't! Honestly though, I think the final setlist could turn out pretty close to this; Bruce said in the press release two thirds of the set would be Maiden England material, with some other classics. They really should give the early 80's classics a break, the late 80's classics will be more than enough to sustain the casual fans I'd think

Infinite Dreams and Moonchild are why this tour will kick ass. I remember when I first saw Moonchild live in '08. It was just spectacular. Great live track.

Moonchild was a massive surprise in '08, can't wait to see it again!

Setlist...I'm hoping something like this:

1. Moonchild (With the tape intro like '88, not the live intro like '08)

2. The Evil That Men Do

3. Die With Your Boots On

4. The Trooper

5. Wasted Years

6. Infinite Dreams

7. Still Life

8. Phantom Of The Opera

9. The Clairvoyant

10. Killers

11. Heaven Can Wait

12. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

13. Iron Maiden

-----

14. The Prisoner

15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

16. Running Free or Sanctuary

Wow!...you don't fuck around with your wishful thinking setlists! :)

Nope, sure don't! Honestly though, I think the final setlist could turn out pretty close to this; Bruce said in the press release two thirds of the set would be Maiden England material, with some other classics. They really should give the early 80's classics a break, the late 80's classics will be more than enough to sustain the casual fans I'd think

Infinite Dreams and Moonchild are why this tour will kick ass. I remember when I first saw Moonchild live in '08. It was just spectacular. Great live track.

Moonchild was a massive surprise in '08, can't wait to see it again!

i really like that set the only tweaks i would make is maybe adding sea of madness and adding remember tomorrow

I can't believe Alice Cooper is on this tour!

That's going to be fucking amazing!

This. I'm exploding at the thought of this show. I don't know how I'll survive the actual show itself.

At least you don't have to survive it 8 times! :lol:

This is seriously a dream come true for me. I loved seeing Maiden/Alice share the stage at Sonisphere, so this'll be really cool to see so many shows with them stateside.

I'm a bit tight for money right now but I'd strongly consider the Toronto show closer to the date if I can find a decent price on Kijiji or eBay. Don't really care where I'm sitting since I've never been before, and I mean, it's fucking Maiden.

I start back at work full time in April so I'll have some money by July.

Thanks for the info P5!!

Maiden England...fuckin ace!

I see two for me!

Fri 13th July Toronto, ON Molson Amphitheatre

Think I'll be at that show. Always wanted to see Maiden. Never have yet. And with Cooper that just sweetens the pot. rock3

I didn't realize I had some shit scheduled for that weekend.

I can wangle things around and definitely do Toronto but I'm not sure about Bayfest now.

Toronto will be insane so I'm cool with that.

If I can make Bayfest I will...

I haven't been to Bayfest,but in talking with people who have,it can be a bit of a clusterfuck apparantly (organization,parking etc.).

Toronto for sure though!! B)

I can't believe Alice Cooper is on this tour!

That's going to be fucking amazing!

This. I'm exploding at the thought of this show. I don't know how I'll survive the actual show itself.

At least you don't have to survive it 8 times! :lol:

This is seriously a dream come true for me. I loved seeing Maiden/Alice share the stage at Sonisphere, so this'll be really cool to see so many shows with them stateside.

Haha true, but I wish I could survive it 8 times!

Oh and Zint, I've been to Bayfest and it can be pretty ridiculous. The best option is to find parking away from the park and get there early. Mind you, when I was there to see Rush, we found parking easily and we were out of the park in a matter of minutes. So I can't really complain. But, I know from seeing where everyone else was that it can be quite the clusterfuck. You just have to be careful where you choose your parking haha.

I'm probably adding Newark. We've got some friends from Germany that are going to be staying/traveling with us for 5 shows starting with Boston, so we'll probably just end up doing Newark for easiness' sake. Can't complain about one more Maiden gig B)

lol, yeah I doubt any of our hearts break for ye.

Thanks for the info P5!!

I see two for me!

Think I'll be at that show. Always wanted to see Maiden. Never have yet. And with Cooper that just sweetens the pot. rock3

Awesome!

Hey P5...maybe you should do a Maiden roll call thread!?

Thanks for the info P5!!

I see two for me!

Awesome!

Sure!!! Can I still pin it at the top of My World, like we do for the GN'R/Slash roll calls? :P

I'm assuming the GA tickets are the $100+ ones?

Yea, $92 before fees I think? Worth every penny and then some. And if you stick with us for Camden, I can almost guarantee you a spot on the barrier ;)

Thanks for the info P5!!

I see two for me!

Awesome!

Sure!!! Can I still pin it at the top of My World, like we do for the GN'R/Slash roll calls? :P

I'm assuming the GA tickets are the $100+ ones?

Yea, $92 before fees I think? Worth every penny and then some. And if you stick with us for Camden, I can almost guarantee you a spot on the barrier ;)

I'm sure it's worth it, I just don't know if I'll be able to afford it. I still have yet to get my Rammstein ticket, and I have some other expenses, so hopefully I can do it. I'll keep you posted though.

So IMFC peeps get first presale?

Then do other presales happen or does it just go to General Public?

Usually, the IMFC presale is the only presale. And if I may put in my little plug for the IMFC, it's well worth the money to join if you want to do presales. Online membership is roughly $15 for a year, full membership is roughly $40 for a year.

Content for both types of memberships:

-Presales (Can purchase up to 4 tickets per show, for any number of shows - VERY handy when you're getting tickets to 8-10 shows like us!)

-First To The Barrier (Contest run for almost all shows where 60 members plus a guest are allowed early entry - usually at least a half hour before doors open. We have 3 FC memberships in our family, so we have 3 chances to win FTTB)

-IMTV (Web video blog following the tour, usually very cool and informative. They also interview a lot of fans and I've been in a few episodes myself B) )

-Heaven Can Wait (IF they play it this tour, which I suspect they will, you can enter for a chance to get on stage during the chant section. Anywhere from 15-50 people win per show)

-FC Giveaways (Each month they do a giveaway of something signed by the band; they've had some really rare stuff in the past too...)

In addition to all of that, full FC members also get the following:

-FC magazines (Usually 3-4 issues per year - lots of very cool interviews with the band/crew, exclusive pictures, and articles by FC members. We've had an article published about our collection/traveling story, and I've had a lot of my pics published in the magazine)

-First dibs on any FC trips (They usually do 1-2 FC trips a year, I did the Florida trip last year and it was one of the best weekends of my life. This year's trip is Philly/DC gigs)

-20% of MOST items in the online store, as well as exclusive items (Personalized shirts, etc.)

I've been an online member since '06, and only just became a full member towards the end of '10. Never once thought about not renewing, it's really the best FC deal that any band offers!

Usually, the IMFC presale is the only presale. And if I may put in my little plug for the IMFC, it's well worth the money to join if you want to do presales. Online membership is roughly $15 for a year, full membership is roughly $40 for a year.

-Presales (Can purchase up to 4 tickets per show, for any number of shows - VERY handy when you're getting tickets to 8-10 shows like us!)

-First To The Barrier (Contest run for almost all shows where 60 members plus a guest are allowed early entry - usually at least a half hour before doors open. We have 3 FC memberships in our family, so we have 3 chances to win FTTB)

-IMTV (Web video blog following the tour, usually very cool and informative. They also interview a lot of fans and I've been in a few episodes myself B) )

-Heaven Can Wait (IF they play it this tour, which I suspect they will, you can enter for a chance to get on stage during the chant section. Anywhere from 15-50 people win per show)

-FC Giveaways (Each month they do a giveaway of something signed by the band; they've had some really rare stuff in the past too...)

-FC magazines (Usually 3-4 issues per year - lots of very cool interviews with the band/crew, exclusive pictures, and articles by FC members. We've had an article published about our collection/traveling story, and I've had a lot of my pics published in the magazine)

-First dibs on any FC trips (They usually do 1-2 FC trips a year, I did the Florida trip last year and it was one of the best weekends of my life. This year's trip is Philly/DC gigs)

-20% of MOST items in the online store, as well as exclusive items (Personalized shirts, etc.)

I've been an online member since '06, and only just became a full member towards the end of '10. Never once thought about not renewing, it's really the best FC deal that any band offers!

WOW!

Thanks for the info...appreciated!

Seriously considering this!

WOW!

Thanks for the info...appreciated!

Seriously considering this!

You definitely won't be disappointed if you do it ;)

Here's a sample episode of IMTV...they sometimes post an episode on YouTube as a promotional thing for non-FC members. This is also an episode I've got a talking bit in...at the 2:50 mark