New DJ interview...

TheDemocracyRose

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love DJ Ashba! He's so much more interesting and charasmatic than that junky Saul ever was.

He's one guy that I'd spread my buttcheeks for too!

Dude, are you feeling ok?

He's either gone insane or that is someone else.

Anyway, I don't mind if DJ records over all of Robins tracks, seeing how Robin is not in the band anymore. Time to move on.

Whoever creates the most creative/inspiring guitar parts that fit each song should be on the finished product.

In that case, we're guaranteed that it will be DJ, Fortus, and BBF.

I think we will see Fortus and Bumblefoot's work which is great :thumbsup:

I expect to see DJ too. Sorry, but I'm not stuck in the past like some people. I don't care about guys who left the band 8 years ago ... I care about GNR. The version that is far superior to any lineup that has ever been before them.

Dude, go find something better to do with your free time. We know you're not volcano62.

I dunno, everything seems so predictable, wheres the danger!!?? Axl is too happy lol.

THIS.

I like to see Axl happy n all but how will he write awesome songs if he's not constantly pissed off about something?!!!!

Good thing he has a million songs written

...but I haven't heard them so their existence and potential awesomeness is unknown to me.

So it's a bit like Schrödinger's cat atm. :shrugs:

I dunno, everything seems so predictable, wheres the danger!!?? Axl is too happy lol.

THIS.

I like to see Axl happy n all but how will he write awesome songs if he's not constantly pissed off about something?!!!!

...but I haven't heard them so their existence and potential awesomeness is unknown to me.

We know a few of them are awesome based on what inside men heard.

We need spies.

Give me two minutes with Axl and I will make him feel better

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Seriously though, I really don't want any DJ input on the new record, if it ever comes. I honestly don't even expect him to be in the band by the time it comes out. Shit, his replacement will probably be replaced by the time 2022 rolls around. Doing Hulk Hogan 'pump up the crowd' tactics and bringing children on stage only get you so far when your musical talent just isn't there.

THIS.

We know a few of them are awesome based on what inside men heard.

We need spies.

Yeah, we really do need a real insider to feed us some info once in a while. There have to be a few in the GNR camp that read this board.

Seriously though, I really don't want any DJ input on the new record, if it ever comes. I honestly don't even expect him to be in the band by the time it comes out. Shit, his replacement will probably be replaced by the time 2022 rolls around. Doing Hulk Hogan 'pump up the crowd' tactics and bringing children on stage only get you so far when your musical talent just isn't there.

DJ has plenty of talent. Go listen to Beautiful Creatures. Axl wouldn't have got him if he didn't have any talent.

Besides, he'll be just one out of 8 on the record.

DJ has plenty of talent. Go listen to Beautiful Creatures. Axl wouldn't have got him if he didn't have any talent.

Besides, he'll be just one out of 8 on the record.

He's only talent is a marketing talent. When Robin could play with own style, then Ashba is a bad impressionist of Slash and rapping every single ChD track.... He's looking nice on the stage for 30 minutes, then he's fuckin annoying.

Seriously though, I really don't want any DJ input on the new record, if it ever comes.

You, sir, are a hating cupcake who has no buisness on this forum masquerading as a GNR fan.

DJ Ashba's importance to this band is clearly on the same level of that of Izzy Stradlin's back in the 80s.

Ali

LOL I'm a cupcake because I don't like DJ? HAHAH

You, sir, are a fucking moron. There's no way you just said DJ's importance is equal to Izzy's.

edit: wait a second...you're not Ali...you signed up yesterday...and I don't think he would say shit that retarded...but you sign the end of your posts the same way the other Ali does..? And how did you get the username?

Edited by DrBrownstone

Any Sixx am songs with cool guitar solos?

"Goodbye My Friends" without any doubts. Also "Accidents Can Happen" and "Live Forever" are pretty good. All the solos are good in general, but those three are the highlights for me.

Or if you want something faster and less melodic try "This is Gonna Hurt" or "Lies of the Beautiful People".

Edited by Batalla

Broken record. Heard this from DJ from the past few years. Sounds to me as though he's not comfortable in addressing this stuff with Axl directly, thus he says it to the media instead hoping Axl will bite.

I don't want DJ messing with the rest of the CD tracks. I know they are not in the band anymore, but I still want to hear and appreciate Robin & Buckets songs. Once CD2 and CD3 are out, then I'm happy for DJ to do whatever on the new stuff. But at this point I have next to zero enthusiasm to even pretend to hope we'll get anything.

Those trying to read into things about the next leg of the tour coming up, guys it's still the same tour that's been happening the past couple of years. GnR are enjoying touring and good on them, but there is nothing more to it as far as promoting a new album or even playing an unheard track. They have now fallen into the Kiss greatest hits tour mode.