[SPOILER FREE] Iron Maiden 2012 roll call/tour discussion

Powerage5

Presale for 10 of my 12 gigs tomorrow, and another on Thursday. Time to say a little prayer...

I was wondering about that today actually! :lol:

Do you go for tickets in order of gig priority or just random go for it till they are all bought?

I've got a priority system, based on different factors including importance of gig (1st of the tour, "milestone" gig, etc), size of the pit, and whether or not we actually need GA. So for tomorrow for example, Houston is top priority because the pit holds 160 people. Fortunately, Texas don't go on sale the same time due to time differences. For the East Coast leg, Charlotte will be top priority as it's opening night, then Buffalo will be second priority because it's our 25th gig, and our "hometown" gig. Last priority will be Newark and San Antonio, because they're full floor GA in arenas.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Presale for 10 of my 12 gigs tomorrow, and another on Thursday. Time to say a little prayer...

Do you go for tickets in order of gig priority or just random go for it till they are all bought?

I've got a priority system, based on different factors including importance of gig (1st of the tour, "milestone" gig, etc), size of the pit, and whether or not we actually need GA. So for tomorrow for example, Houston is top priority because the pit holds 160 people. Fortunately, Texas don't go on sale the same time due to time differences. For the East Coast leg, Charlotte will be top priority as it's opening night, then Buffalo will be second priority because it's our 25th gig, and our "hometown" gig. Last priority will be Newark and San Antonio, because they're full floor GA in arenas.

So how many are you doing?

12 total gigs; Charlotte, Boston, Wantagh, Camden, DC, Newark, Toronto, Sarnia, Buffalo, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston. 10 of those go up for presale tomorrow; all but Sarnia and Dallas. Of the 10 I need to get tomorrow, we're doing GA pit at 6 of those; Charlotte, Boston, Camden, DC, Buffalo, and Houston. 2 GA floors; Newark and San Antonio. Doing seats in Wantagh because there is no pit, and Toronto because the Canadian crowds get too wild at the barrier.

12 total gigs; Charlotte, Boston, Wantagh, Camden, DC, Newark, Toronto, Sarnia, Buffalo, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston. 10 of those go up for presale tomorrow; all but Sarnia and Dallas. Of the 10 I need to get tomorrow, we're doing GA pit at 6 of those; Charlotte, Boston, Camden, DC, Buffalo, and Houston. 2 GA floors; Newark and San Antonio. Doing seats in Wantagh because there is no pit, and Toronto because the Canadian crowds get too wild at the barrier.

Wow!...that's a lot of coin!

Very cool though!

ended up getting pit for Toronto when I went into panic mode :P

Guess that answers the recording question... :tongue2:

Guess so. If you want to do video, you're more than welcome to do audio my my rig though, since I'll have it with me that weekend for Sarnia ;)

Yeah video in this hand,recording gear in that hand... :tongue2:

Actually I'll go back to plan A (but might switch to video for the encores...audio can still be lifted from those to complete the audio set anyway).

I wanna do Bayfest...damn!

Gonna keep working on it,but it doesn't look good.

Would be cool if you could make it...tickets are only $50 for that one! We've got a bit of a road trip going on that weekend with carting people around to help them save money...our car will be my mom and I, and 3 of our friends from Canada, Scotland, and Israel.

Edited by Powerage5

So last night I wake up for work (I work midnights) my wife told me my friend called, he was the one getting the tickets. She told me he got the tickets through the pre sale, not the best seats section 400. I was so exited, Half hour later I get to work, he was there and he tell me he had to cancel them because it wasn't through the fan club pre sale, he's going on about it, very serious and convincing and then finally tells me "so I got better tickets" Section 201. B)

So last night I wake up for work (I work midnights) my wife told me my friend called, he was the one getting the tickets. She told me he got the tickets through the pre sale, not the best seats section 400. I was so exited, Half hour later I get to work, he was there and he tell me he had to cancel them because it wasn't through the fan club pre sale, he's going on about it, very serious and convincing and then finally tells me "so I got better tickets" Section 201. B)

:lol: fucker!!...dude owes you a beer for that one!

So excited for this tour! B)

Got my tickets for Toronto. :D

You guys not doing Bayfest??

No not really in my budget. We're going to be doing lots of other stuff thats gonna cost us while we're down there. If I can afford it I'm going to do the CN Tower Edge Walk. :wacko:

Edited by Becket

No setlist discussion threads for these shows.

I really don't want to be spoiled for this setlist at all. That's why I've been avoiding VH threads too. 2 weeks til that show!

Once the tour starts, I'll turn the current tour discussion topic into the spoiler free topic, and make a new one for spoilers, seems to have worked great for VH :thumbsup: