[SPOILER FREE] Iron Maiden 2012 roll call/tour discussion

Powerage5

Doing pit, or seats?

..or lawn? :tongue2:

Actually...if cash is a factor,doing the cheaper lawn seats might help you to afford Bayfest as well.

Something to consider anyway.. :)

Where is Bayfest? If it's close I probably will. I'm also giving up my addiction of energy drinks from now till the show just to go see this. lol

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing pit, or seats?

Actually...if cash is a factor,doing the cheaper lawn seats might help you to afford Bayfest as well.

I never do lawn, if I do seats, they'll be somewhere around halfway back. No sense paying premium price for seats, but I dunno, I just don't like the lawn atmosphere.

Bayfest might be cheaper anyways, if it's anything like the Ottawa Bluesfest (For which there's also a heavy rumor of a show on 7/10...I'm there if there is!)

I was continiuing your conversation with Becket :tongue2: (sorry..lol)

I just thought if doing lawns in Toronto might make going to Bayfest more affordable for him...if he has to take a plane down here and all.

I just thought if doing lawns in Toronto might make going to Bayfest more affordable for him...if he has to take a plane down here and all.

I'll be flying down. This show is gonna cost me a bit, but worth every penny.

I will be attending the Toronto gig :thumbsup:

Cool. We'll have to get together.

Doing pit, or seats?

I never do lawn, if I do seats, they'll be somewhere around halfway back. No sense paying premium price for seats, but I dunno, I just don't like the lawn atmosphere.

Bayfest might be cheaper anyways, if it's anything like the Ottawa Bluesfest (For which there's also a heavy rumor of a show on 7/10...I'm there if there is!)

Haha, no worries :P

As it turns out...we might be doing even more shows! My mom came down to school today for a couple recitals I played in today, and at dinner she said:

"You know, we've racked up a lot of frequent flyer miles the past 2 years"

"...Yeah?"

"Well, I was thinking maybe we could fly out West and do some shows on the second half of the tour"

:lol:

I see I'm already down for Boston, perfect. Care to meet up Powerage/anyone else who'll be there?

There's a good chance of it, especially if you're up for going to the official IMFC meetup. Non-FC members are obviously welcome, and you'll get to hang out with some of the greatest Maiden fans in the world ;) I can't promise anything for sure though, we're on driving duty for some of our international friends; we've got 5 Germans and 3 Swedes traveling with us for all the gigs between Boston and Newark.

I'm almost definitely doing Texas too...the flights total less than $300! B)

Edited by Powerage5

As a general FYI; I know a lot of people on here have expressed interest in meeting up with me at a Maiden gig this Summer. The easiest place is always going to be at the IMFC meet-up, since I'm there 90% of the time before a gig anyways. As these meet-ups get planned and subsequently announced on the IMFC, I'll know more about where they are, etc. If you want to meet up with me at a gig, just let me know and I'll let you know where the meet-up is, and as the gig gets closer probably what time you can expect me to be there as well ;)

I really hope they do Rime of the Ancient Mariner. That's my favorite IM song.

They won't. The "centerpiece" song of the set is almost surely going to be Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son. Mariner probably saw it's last live outing in '09, with the final leg of the Somewhere Back In Time Tour.

I really hope they do Rime of the Ancient Mariner. That's my favorite IM song.

They won't. The "centerpiece" song of the set is almost surely going to be Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son. Mariner probably saw it's last live outing in '09, with the final leg of the Somewhere Back In Time Tour.

Rime and Moonchild are my two favorite songs by Iron Maiden. '08 was a fantastic year. They were definite highlights. That said, I won't even miss Rime if and when Seventh Son is back. I've always wanted to hear that tune live (in person, not on YouTube).

Presale for 10 of my 12 gigs tomorrow, and another on Thursday. Time to say a little prayer...

I was wondering about that today actually! :lol:

Do you go for tickets in order of gig priority or just random go for it till they are all bought?