[SPOILER FREE] Iron Maiden 2012 roll call/tour discussion

Powerage5

I was really upset about this when I went see Maiden in 2010. I hadn't seen the AMOLAD tour, so it would've been my first time hearing one of my favorite songs, and it got switched out for a song I'd already heard two years earlier. <_<

I was still bummed about it even with having seen the AMOLAD tour...it's one of the best songs I've seen Maiden do live to be honest. Though, I was perfectly happy hearing These Colours Don't Run, as that's my favorite on AMOLAD ;)

The one that really got to me in 2010 was the Paschendale/Dance Of Death fiasco. I'll admit, after having seen it so many times over the last 2 years Dance Of Death did grow on me quite a bit, but I would've done anything to see Paschendale live.

See, I lucked out with Paschendale. I got one of the last times they played it. :xmasssanta: I would've loved to see Dance of Death (my favorite live song), but Paschendale has got to be one of the best songs ever written, and I've never felt so lucky a day in my life. There were some timing issues, but that song is just tremendous live. I wish they kept it as a staple. The whole crowd really enjoyed it. I've never been so happy not to see Dance of Death.

I hope TCDR is kept as a staple, too. It's really fun live, and it's one of the best songs from the album. AMOLAD was pretty much a perfect album.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anybody posted anything about this and thougt hey it's Iron Maiden related so I'll do it here

Adrian Smith has made a new album togheter with Mikee Goodman who used to be one of the singers in the metal band Sikth.

Primal Rock Rebellion

The album is a few months old but I heavn't seen anything about it (maybe I just missed it).

I don't know if anybody posted anything about this and thougt hey it's Iron Maiden related so I'll do it here

Adrian Smith has made a new album togheter with Mikee Goodman who used to be one of the singers in the metal band Sikth.

Primal Rock Rebellion

The album is a few months old but I heavn't seen anything about it (maybe I just missed it).

Heard the first 2 singles. The music is alright, hate the vocals. Never bothered to check out the rest of the album. As far as I'm concerned, all of Adrian's solo projects since A.S.A.P. are inferior to that. If you haven't checked out A.S.A.P., you need to!

Edited by Powerage5

Heard the first 2 singles. The music is alright, hate the vocals. Never bothered to check out the rest of the album. As far as I'm concerned, all of Adrian's solo projects since A.S.A.P. are inferior to that. If you haven't checked out A.S.A.P., you need to!

the vocals are the best part :shrugs:

• 3 weeks later...

Ottawa show added on July 7th. You can bet I'll be there B)

Is that the Blues Fest show you were hoping for??

Yep, not the date I (Or anyone else for that matter) was banking on though. We all thought it'd be the 10th, but the 7th works a lot better being that it's a Saturday B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Power! You going to Rock Fest in WI???? I might go to that gig with the money I get from work. I might stay overnight and go Sunday to see Bach and Def Leppard. Don't really care for Poison, Firehouse, Lita Ford or Cydonia.

Nope, Wisconsin is just a bit too much of a hike given all the other traveling I gotta do for the 13 gigs I've got lined up :P Doing about 8,500 miles this tour!

Hey Power! You going to Rock Fest in WI???? I might go to that gig with the money I get from work. I might stay overnight and go Sunday to see Bach and Def Leppard. Don't really care for Poison, Firehouse, Lita Ford or Cydonia.

Nope, Wisconsin is just a bit too much of a hike given all the other traveling I gotta do for the 13 gigs I've got lined up :P Doing about 8,500 miles this tour!

Ok. Have you seen Bach live? How good is he live?

Ok. Have you seen Bach live? How good is he live?

Bach is great, I'd love to see him do a headlining set, I've only seen him open for Guns a few times. But he's a true performer, and his voice is still pretty fucking good too ;)

• 3 weeks later...

CALLING ALL IRON MAIDEN FANS

i cant spam here any more :( is organizing an Iron Maiden street team for this summer. if you will be attending the maiden england north american tour, this is your chance to earn some easy cash and stacks of maiden gear!

check out i cant spam here any more :('s call to iron maiden fans on i cant spam here any more :('s facebook page Here: Street Team Rewards and Details

just click the link for more info or e-mail melissa@i cant spam here any more :(.com to tell us why you're the right guy or girl for the job!

we got a pretty decent response from some admins and mods on the maiden boards so we figured the GNR crowd might be into it as well. up the irons!!

I don't understand why Maiden never shows up to Minneapolis St. Paul. The metro has a bigger population than Milwaukee, Indianapolis, and a few other cities they're going to. I would love to make the trip Milwaukee but unfortunately I have fourth of July obligations with family...

I don't understand why Maiden never shows up to Minneapolis St. Paul. The metro has a bigger population than Milwaukee, Indianapolis, and a few other cities they're going to. I would love to make the trip Milwaukee but unfortunately I have fourth of July obligations with family...

They almost never hit the same cities tour-to-tour. You guys are well overdue for a gig, but they also haven't hit Milwaukee or Indianapolis in quite a while either. This is the biggest North American tour since 2000 though, and I suspect they'll continue playing places they haven't hit in over a decade again on subsequent tours, given their rising popularity in the US.