Van Halen 1st week sales vs Chines Democracy 1st week sales

GNFR2003

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, whether you enjoy Chinese Democracy more or Another Kind of Truth more, it doesnt fucking matter. Its YOUR opinion whether one album is better than the other. Doesnt make it a fact.

Sitting here fucking arguing over this is ridiculous. Van Halen and Guns arent even close in style.

You guys need to get over yourselves. Seriously, its crazy some of the shit that is said on this forum.

Exactly.

People get annoyed though because people present their opinion like it is actually a fact.

Really people, it is ok to like multiple bands, singers and guitar players.

Can Bucket do things today that slash and evh can't? Most definitely. Has bucket created radio friendly rock riffs like slash and evh? Nope. Not even close.

BUT the important things to remember?

Bucket doesn't try and write radio friendly rock riffs and solos.

Slash and evh aren't trying to break shredding records or make albums that are purely guitar based.

All three are great at what they do. And to compare them is like comparing apples to strawberries.

And thankfully we have all different types of guitar players. Music would be pretty boring if everybody sounded and tried to play the same.

And van halen is good at what they do. Which is a completely different type of music than Axl makes.

VH is awesome, the new album is a great jam, I am glad Roth is back with the band.

Hopefully Guns will somewhow find themselves back with Slash, Izzy, etc.

It'd be alot more promising than Chinese Shit Part 2.

I've listened to Van Halen many times, I prefer Normal.

You obviously have a hearing disability. Either that or just an IQ of 2.

I think someone is posting as Flayer who isn't actually Flayer.

VH is awesome, the new album is a great jam, I am glad Roth is back with the band.

Ummm who are you?

Chinese Shit? No, the name is Chinese Democracy, and its a damn good album.

Look, whether you enjoy Chinese Democracy more or Another Kind of Truth more, it doesnt fucking matter. Its YOUR opinion whether one album is better than the other. Doesnt make it a fact.

Sitting here fucking arguing over this is ridiculous. Van Halen and Guns arent even close in style.

You guys need to get over yourselves. Seriously, its crazy some of the shit that is said on this forum.

And you people call yourselves fans.

Who Is arguing? Everyone Is giving there opinion, Isn't that what you do In a forum? Are we less of a fan of Guns N Roses because we like other bands, or think that EVH Is a better guitar player then bumblefoot?

Who Is arguing? Everyone Is giving there opinion, Isn't that what you do In a forum? Are we less of a fan of Guns N Roses because we like other bands, or think that EVH Is a better guitar player then bumblefoot?

It's ridiculous. We're all Axl fans, but I don't see why we have to pretend that we're fans of each and every person he has brought into New GNR over the years.

It's ridiculous. We're all Axl fans, but I don't see why we have to pretend that we're fans of each and every person he has brought into New GNR over the years.

It has nothing to do with being an Axl fan or a GNR fan. Ron is better than EVH. He is a much better musician. However EVH is a legend and an icon plus an innovater of guitar. But Ron is still a much better musician.

Thay didn't make much sense... :blink:

Haha

I think someone is posting as Flayer who isn't actually Flayer.

Indeed.

They

we don't, and to be quite honest, I thought the 2001 lineup was rather embarrassing, with buckethead. I'm not taking anything away from his guitar playing skills, but It truly looked like a traveling circus. They look and sound like a band now, which as you stated, doesn't mean that we have to like every person he has brought Into the band over the years.

Ummm who are you?

A fn great album! :thumbsup: I can honestly say that CD has not got out of my car cd changer since NOV. 2008. CD>Van Halen new album.

It has nothing to do with being an Axl fan or a GNR fan. Ron is better than EVH. He is a much better musician. However EVH is a legend and an icon plus an innovater of guitar. But Ron is still a much better musician.

Exactly. Being the first to mainstream it doesn't make EVH a better musician. Ron is a much better musician. Nothing to do with band preferences, I think a lot of guitarists are better than Eddie, Randy Rhodes, Joe Satriani, Streve Vai, John Petrucci, Yngwie, Buckethead, they all kick Eddies ass. Being the first doesn't make you the best. Is T-Bone Walker better than B.B. King? No.

Music preferences aside (I like Van Halen's new release), the gist of my post is this: after nearly leaking in full prior to release (millions of rock fans had album months before it arrived), and only being available in best buys (which cuts access to over half the countries population)--CD outsold a far more heavily promoted VH album By over 80,000 units. If GNR release their next effort through all outlets, and promote it, they could have great success by 2012 standards! CD did have more "hype" over a ten yr period, buy VH's new effort had 1000 times more "promotion" in the weeks leading up to, and after it's release. Just saying.....

Ummm who are you?

A fn great album! :thumbsup: I can honestly say that CD has not got out of my car cd changer since NOV. 2008. CD>Van Halen new album.

Hell yeah! :) +1

Another thing CD and Truth have in common. Generic lead singles. Yes we all known Chinese Democracy is a good song but it is the most generic sounding song on the album.

At least Bumblefoot's rhythm and Buckethead's leads aren't generic like the guitar work on Tattoo. Buckethead does some really great mix of whammy pedal and the killswitch while EVH doesn't go anywhere. Also Bumblefoot's fretless riffs are totally awesome and they are not your standart rock riffs.

Tattoo? one of the worst singles ive ever heard. Everything in it feels uninspired and even Eddies solo is recycled and predictable. But i guess most of you love these generic 80's hair metal-ish boring songs anyway so this would be better than CD for you, no doubt.

Yawn. Eddie's solos on ADKOT mop the floor with anything on Chinese Democracy.

Uh, not the ones I've heard. Care to show me some over the top guitar playing from EVH? Remember - it's not the 80's anymore and a few years ago he barely could play his own song Eruption, but I guess he's improved a lot since then.

What does Bumblefoot do better, or play better then Eddie?

You have to be fucking insane to even ask that. Anybody with a little knowledge could tell you that his playing is countless, light years more complex than whatever Eddie came up with. I'm not saying that anybody is better than anybody here because Ron himself would not say that, but dude... that's some ridiculous question. Think about it before you ask something like this.

Also, the thing about "who influenced who" is bullshit and shows a lack of argument - I know that's common around here. Jimi Hendrix was influenced by B.B. King but he came up with much more and diverse ideas hence why he's the guitarist that influenced the most. If I remember correctly who showed him the wah wah pedal was Zappa, but who changed the way the world viewed/played it? Football was created in England but Pele changed the football history. He didn't created shit but changed how the world played it.

Again: the "he was influenced by him, that's why he's not as good" argument means shit. Better yet, means lack of knowledge and argument.

You obviously should not act like an asshole and respect everybody's opinion. Who are you to say what he should or shouldnt like? I like Normal much better than the last Van Halen album, so what? If you are into generic hard rock that's fine, but dont tell others what they must like or not.

Yes, that's right! Let's hear more generic rock songs and forget about evolution. Yea, that's it! What if Clapton never played an electric guitar? What if Hendrix never came up with new and inventive guitar playing - what if he was cool with the equipment and techniques that were around at the time? What if Led Zeppelin never tried to compose more complex songs? The music world would be as boring as your musical taste. I'm glad that we have people that think forward and not backwards. In other words I'm happy that people like Axl and Ron aren't trying to come up with AFD pt 2.

Umm... I would just like to take a time out and ask what is with these cupcakes that are setting up accounts to impersonate forum members? I seriously did a double take when I read "Flayers" comment... How the fuck is this happening?

Back to the thread.

I think the situations with CD and ADKOT are very different. There is a different kind of hype involved with both of them. Chinese Democracy was one of the most highly anticipated album that came out about 14 YEARS after it was announced. Everyone was curious as to what Axl was cooking up during all those years (plus we had the drama with the old members, leaks, lawsuits, etc). Obviously it sold loads initially.

The recent VH album however features the return of DLR and is seen as a reunion (of sorts). The hype isn't as big but the fanbase for both bands are equally as large and this album is being promoted and plugged by nearly every one in the music industry.

As I've stated before; key difference between CD and ADKOT is not in the sales but how the album is being received but critiques and fans. VH's new album has been getting great reviews and fans aren't completely trashing it (probably because it sticks to the old VH "sound"). The situation with CD was quite different.

Another thing CD and Truth have in common. Generic lead singles. Yes we all known Chinese Democracy is a good song but it is the most generic sounding song on the album.

At least Bumblefoot's rhythm and Buckethead's leads aren't generic like the guitar work on Tattoo. Buckethead does some really great mix of whammy pedal and the killswitch while EVH doesn't go anywhere. Also Bumblefoot's fretless riffs are totally awesome and they are not your standart rock riffs.

Tattoo? one of the worst singles ive ever heard. Everything in it feels uninspired and even Eddies solo is recycled and predictable. But i guess most of you love these generic 80's hair metal-ish boring songs anyway so this would be better than CD for you, no doubt.

Uh, not the ones I've heard. Care to show me some over the top guitar playing from EVH? Remember - it's not the 80's anymore and a few years ago he barely could play his own song Eruption, but I guess he's improved a lot since then.

You have to be fucking insane to even ask that. Anybody with a little knowledge could tell you that his playing is countless, light years more complex than whatever Eddie came up with. I'm not saying that anybody is better than anybody here because Ron himself would not say that, but dude... that's some ridiculous question. Think about it before you ask something like this.

Also, the thing about "who influenced who" is bullshit and shows a lack of argument - I know that's common around here. Jimi Hendrix was influenced by B.B. King but he came up with much more and diverse ideas hence why he's the guitarist that influenced the most. If I remember correctly who showed him the wah wah pedal was Zappa, but who changed the way the world viewed/played it? Football was created in England but Pele changed the football history. He didn't created shit but changed how the world played it.

Again: the "he was influenced by him, that's why he's not as good" argument means shit. Better yet, means lack of knowledge and argument.

You obviously should not act like an asshole and respect everybody's opinion. Who are you to say what he should or shouldnt like? I like Normal much better than the last Van Halen album, so what? If you are into generic hard rock that's fine, but dont tell others what they must like or not.

Yes, that's right! Let's hear more generic rock songs and forget about evolution. Yea, that's it! What if Clapton never played an electric guitar? What if Hendrix never came up with new and inventive guitar playing - what if he was cool with the equipment and techniques that were around at the time? What if Led Zeppelin never tried to compose more complex songs? The music world would be as boring as your musical taste. I'm glad that we have people that think forward and not backwards. In other words I'm happy that people like Axl and Ron aren't trying to come up with AFD pt 2.

Obviously you aren't the one with that little bit of knowledge then, are you? Don't down play my question, or try to Insult me, with that Is a ridiculous question, and I should think about It, before I ask something like that, bullshit. I never said that Bumblefoot being Influenced by EVH was relevant to the argument, but the fact remains that he was, It Is also a fact that all most every major music or magazine publication dealing In the music Industry ranks EVH In the top ten guitarists of all time, with no mention of Bumblefoot. It's all an opinion, and yours Is that Bumblefoot Is better then EVH and mine Is the opposite. So fuckin deal with It.

Obviously you aren't the one with that little bit of knowledge then, are you? Don't down play my question, or try to Insult me, with that Is a ridiculous question, and I should think about It, before I ask something like that, bullshit. I never said that Bumblefoot being Influenced by EVH was relevant to the argument, but the fact remains that he was, It Is also a fact that all most every major music or magazine publication dealing In the music Industry ranks EVH In the top ten guitarists of all time, with no mention of Bumblefoot. It's all an opinion, and yours Is that Bumblefoot Is better then EVH and mine Is the opposite. So fuckin deal with It.

Nobody mentioned magazines or music industry publications. You asked "What does Bumblefoot do better, or play better then Eddie?" and that was my reply. I dont even know what the fuck those magazines have to do with my point. I never said who's better, and guess what? You can't read and understand posts as well. In fact I even said that I wont say "who's better than who", but ignoring my comment did fit your fantasy world, so be it. All I wanted to say is that comparing them on a technical aspect is insane, so I don't care about what your music magazines have to say about them.

For those arguing about complexity between Eddie and Ron, who cares? Since when does complexity equal good music? Look at The Beatles.

Not saying I don't love either Chinese or Truth because both are great albums for different reasons. You can barely compare the two.