[SPOILER ALERT] Van Halen 2012 tour discussion

Turn_It_Up

This show just popped up without warning.

I checked emails this morning and there was a heads up message from a friend in London.

Two emails below that was the American Express presale info and link.

It was like "whoah...uh...ok...well...I'm in!". :blink::lol:

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now they're coming to my hometown which I never thought would happen.

Yeah it's cool to see this happening.

This will be their third London show...'79,'82 and now this one! B)

I actually used to have a bootleg of the '82 show,and it was really good,but my copy got ruined (cassette).

My friend who taped it,I hadn't seen him in years but we were at a mutual friend's funeral.

I asked him if he still had all his master tapes of concerts.

He chucked them after he got married.

He sometimes recorded when we went to shows.VH..Rush (Hemispheres tour...that boot was WICKED!!),several others.

My copy of the Hemispheres show I had on 8 track (don't ask :lol: ) and the deck ate it some time ago when I attempted a transfer. :shrugs:

Full list of dates is on VH.com. I really fucking lucked out...our tour kickoff is at home on 7/17...and VH is in Rochester on 7/17!!! B)

Nice!! :)

I wonder if they are going to shuffle the setlist up??

Full list of dates is on VH.com. I really fucking lucked out...our tour kickoff is at home on 7/17...and VH is in Rochester on 7/17!!! B)

Probably a gradual thing like they've been doing...last few shows have been pretty static though, Romeo Delight, Hear About It Later, Trouble With Never, and Outta Love Again in the rotating slots.

I seriously don't even care - they're honestly become my favorite live band behind Maiden and Guns over the course of this tour B)

Looks like London is the only Canadian stop...so far anyway.

No Toronto or Hamilton while they are in the hood.

Fuck...this is gonna be cool! :)

Looks like London is the only Canadian stop...so far anyway.

No Toronto or Hamilton while they are in the hood.

Fuck...this is gonna be cool! :)

Yea...I really hope they throw back in Blood And Fire, or at least another ADKOT song!

BTW, I'm definitely taping Rochester the same way I taped Pittsburgh...I've got every VH show I've been to so far and I know there's no good odds of Rochester getting taped.

Edited by Powerage5

Fuck yes! Looks like I can do a third show after all. Bring on London! :thumbsup:

There's an American Express presale on right now for London...if you've got a card.

Don't have a card unfortunately but I don't really care where I sit. I'm pumped!

I have the presale password for the JLC website if interested? It's a presale that starts on the 19th at 10AM and ends at 10PM.

Edited by Zeppelin

Fuck yes! Looks like I can do a third show after all. Bring on London! :thumbsup:

There's an American Express presale on right now for London...if you've got a card.

Don't have a card unfortunately but I don't really care where I sit. I'm pumped!

I have the presale password for the JLC website if interested? It's a presale that starts on the 19th at 10AM and ends at 10PM.

I was just going to PM it to Paul Stanley.

It's a cyber-club presale.

Does Paul Stanley have to register for the cyber-cub I wonder??

Or will he be good with just the password?

I was just going to PM it to Paul Stanley.

It's a cyber-club presale.

Does Paul Stanley have to register for the cyber-cub I wonder??

Or will he be good with just the password?

I think you're allowed to use the password regardless of if you're a member or not, but I haven't done it in a while.

Edited by Zeppelin

I sent PS the info anyway...better to sign up,in case it's necessary.

I seem to recall having to log in to my cyber-club account...but I don't remember.

I got my VH through the American Express presale so I didn't have to deal with the cyber-club.

I also let him know he has to get tix through the JLC website...Ticketmaster doesn't handle their shows.

Oh and...sent him the password,I guess that helps. :tongue2:

Probably a gradual thing like they've been doing...last few shows have been pretty static though, Romeo Delight, Hear About It Later, Trouble With Never, and Outta Love Again in the rotating slots.

I seriously don't even care - they're honestly become my favorite live band behind Maiden and Guns over the course of this tour B)

I misread that at first...I thought you had said they were your fav live band now.

I was like.. :blink:whaaaaaat??

:lol:

I seem to recall having to log in to my cyber-club account...but I don't remember.

I got my VH through the American Express presale so I didn't have to deal with the cyber-club.

I also let him know he has to get tix through the JLC website...Ticketmaster doesn't handle their shows.

I love how you guys were having a conversation about me and how I can get my tickets. :lol:

I appreciate the info though! :thumbsup:

This will be really cool. I've heard good things about the JLC but never been there.

I love how you guys were having a conversation about me and how I can get my tickets. :lol:

I appreciate the info though! :thumbsup:

This will be really cool. I've heard good things about the JLC but never been there.

:lol: -just looking out for a VH brother.

You still thinking of coming up for the London Slash show?...or did this just trump it?