[SPOILER ALERT] Van Halen 2012 tour discussion

Turn_It_Up

Sounds like damage control to me.

You blow out three months worth of gigs (many sold out) to tweak the stage show?

bollocks

Dave's voice was awful when I saw them in Vancouver the week before last. They need to hire him a vocal coach. Dave is really letting the band down at the moment with his terrible vocals.

Edited by Randy Lahey

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw them last night after months of anticipation, didn't have too much fun. I had absolute nosebleeds, so I couldn't see anything, and the sound was horribly distorted so I could hardly make out the guitar or whatever it was Dave was saying most of the time. I've thought this for a while, and I firmly believe it now, that the Van Halens should be pissed at Dave for ruining all of their shows. He refuses to actually sing most of the time and is always trying to take the spotlight. He in no way deserves the spotlight when he is at no point doing anything spectacular. I really have come away bitter after an incredibly underwhelming experience, but it may have just been my shitty placement in the venue. I was planning on going to see a second show, but don't know if I want to anymore. If I do go the seats are going to be much closer. On a side note, they played And the Cradle Will Rock for the first time on this tour in place of Outta Love/Girl Gone Bad.

The band seemed to be getting along just as they have been though. Dave put out a video saying the postponement was due to a far too grueling schedule, that after they make those shows up they would be heading to Japan and Australia, and that they are going to rework the show and make it bigger and better for the later legs.

They need to put together a stage production that makes the show worth the $150 ticket price. I'm sorry, but that stage show is not a $150 per ticket show- atleast add a little bit of pyro or something. Dave really does need to use this time off to work with a vocal coach, because his voice is pretty tore up. I still had a good time when I saw them, but I woulda been PISSED if I had paid $150 a ticket.

They need to put together a stage production that makes the show worth the $150 ticket price. I'm sorry, but that stage show is not a $150 per ticket show- atleast add a little bit of pyro or something. Dave really does need to use this time off to work with a vocal coach, because his voice is pretty tore up. I still had a good time when I saw them, but I woulda been PISSED if I had paid $150 a ticket.

I do agree, the 2012 stageshow is a little lackluster. The 2007 stageshow was great, and I was definitely bummed this year's show fell short in terms of production.

Whats your favorite Van Halen stage setup?

My favorite is the "Fair Warning" tour in 1981. Absoutley love the staggered wall of amps, the lowered platform at the front of the stage etc.. I wish they would do something like that, but the huge video screen would probably be covered.

What about you?

I do agree, the 2012 stageshow is a little lackluster. The 2007 stageshow was great, and I was definitely bummed this year's show fell short in terms of production.

The big irony I found with this year's stage set up is that Ed has finally gone wireless but they no longer have that twisted catwalk into the crowd. I was hoping to see that. Some more fireworks would be nice too. Hopefully that's what they have in store.

Man! I got tickets to the Dallas concert. This set list looks awesome! I love the new cd too! I'm glad they're doing alot of new songs because the new stuff rocks!

I'm so glad that Van Halen didn't postpone the Dallas show because I'm really excited to see them live!

I've seen some stuff on youtube, which Roth says they encourage fans to bring any kind of camera to take video or pics of them, so there's lots of videos of the tour to watch.

Anyway, Roth said after Austraila VH would finish the US tour and that this whole tour will go on for about 2 years. Here's hoping that VH does do the rest of the US dates something in the near future. I think this is one show that's going to be kick ass and it would suck for so many US fans to miss out.

Man! I got tickets to the Dallas concert. This set list looks awesome! I love the new cd too! I'm glad they're doing alot of new songs because the new stuff rocks!

I'm so glad that Van Halen didn't postpone the Dallas show because I'm really excited to see them live!

I've seen some stuff on youtube, which Roth says they encourage fans to bring any kind of camera to take video or pics of them, so there's lots of videos of the tour to watch.

Anyway, Roth said after Austraila VH would finish the US tour and that this whole tour will go on for about 2 years. Here's hoping that VH does do the rest of the US dates something in the near future. I think this is one show that's going to be kick ass and it would suck for so many US fans to miss out.

Yea, VH is allowing all cameras this tour. Go back a few pages and check out my Pittsburgh pictures ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing them tonight in LA, so stoked!

How was the show?

I see the JLC is offering refunds for the London show now, but I might hold onto the ticket for now in case a new date is announced.

Yeah, I think I'm just going to hold onto my ticket too.

Seeing them tonight in LA, so stoked!

How was the show?

I see the JLC is offering refunds for the London show now, but I might hold onto the ticket for now in case a new date is announced.

The show was great! The band was on fire and the setlist was pretty nice. Dave isn't the best live singer but he makes up for it with sheer energy and enthusiasm. Shame your show got postponed, but I would totally hold onto the ticket in case a new date is announced, they still rock!

I'm holding onto my Rochester ticket, no way I'm gonna miss a hometown show! I hope I can get a partial refund though...I'd bought tickets for a couple of our European Maiden friends staying with us after the Buffalo show so we could get seats together... <_<

Well the Eddie interview I just read makes it sound like the London gig is toast until 2013.

"Asia" in November and then "big plans" for 2013...that he "can't talk about". :rolleyes:

I'm thinking Super Bowl. Since the second US leg is getting postponed until 2013, theres a good chance it'll fall while I'm in Australia :(

Well the Eddie interview I just read makes it sound like the London gig is toast until 2013.

"Asia" in November and then "big plans" for 2013...that he "can't talk about". :rolleyes:

Ugh, well at least that's one gig for me in 2013 then.

Got an email from the JLC today (venue in London Ont. where they were to play in July).

There's no option to keep the ticket now,refunds are done (if bought with a credit card)...ticket now invalid.

Thanks guys. :shrugs:

Oh well...a chunk of cash back in my pocket.

Got an email from the JLC today (venue in London Ont. where they were to play in July).

There's no option to keep the ticket now,refunds are done (if bought with a credit card)...ticket now invalid.

Thanks guys. :shrugs:

Oh well...a chunk of cash back in my pocket.

Wait, what the fuck?

I got this e-mail too. I had no idea refunds were to be issued on June 8th... this is news to me. I paid with a credit card, so am I stuck with a non-refundable, invalid ticket?

Sorry man,didn't mean to scare you,what I meant by "done' was...the refund is already on your credit card.Ticket no longer any good.If they come around again,we have to rebuy.

As you may be aware, the Van Halen concert scheduled for July 21st has been postponed. At this time, we do not have information on a new date being scheduled.

In accordance with our policy, refunds were issued on Friday, June 8 for all tickets that were purchased with a credit card. Tickets that were not paid for with a credit card should be returned to the John Labatt Centre Box Office at Gate 1 for a refund. For Box Office hours, please click here.

Tickets for the July 21st concert will not be valid if the band is able to reschedule the date. New tickets must be purchased.

:shrugs:

Sorry man,didn't mean to scare you,what I meant by "done' was...the refund is already on your credit card.Ticket no longer any good.If they come around again,we have to rebuy.

As you may be aware, the Van Halen concert scheduled for July 21st has been postponed. At this time, we do not have information on a new date being scheduled.

In accordance with our policy, refunds were issued on Friday, June 8 for all tickets that were purchased with a credit card. Tickets that were not paid for with a credit card should be returned to the John Labatt Centre Box Office at Gate 1 for a refund. For Box Office hours, please click here.

Tickets for the July 21st concert will not be valid if the band is able to reschedule the date. New tickets must be purchased.

:shrugs:

Ahhh okay, you did scare the shit outta me there haha. I just checked my credit statement online here and it's been credited to me. I thought they offered the refunds already to those who purchased with a credit card and I missed the window or something.

Myyyy bad. I got it now lol. Sorry Zint!

Fuck that. I've never heard of having to rebuy tickets when a concert is rescheduled :thumbsdown:

Yeah, I know. That's kind of a piss off too. I was pretty happy about where I was sitting. I think they're trying to provide damage control since there's no indication of when it's being rescheduled. But still, tickets bought are tickets bought.