So far, in order:

You Really Got Me

Runnin' With The Devil

She's The Woman

Romeo Delight

Tattoo

Everybody Wants Some

Somebody Get Me A Doctor

China Town (what a kick ass start of tunes so far)

Mean Street (oh man!!!)

Pretty Woman (ugh, but concession stands still selling beers--go get one now and take a piss while you're at it!!! :xmassrudolph: )

Drum solo

Unchained

The Trouble With Never (yes!)

Dance The Night Away

I'll Wait

Hot For Teacher

Women In Love

Outta Love Again

Beautiful Girls

Ice Cream Man

Panama

Eddie's Solo

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Jump

Edited by Turn_It_Up

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please add

tags around any spoilers, we do have members here who would like to be surprised when they get to see their gig(s) ;)

This whole thread will contain spoilers which is why I created it and gave the tag in the title. Fans who don't want spoilers, should avoid completely. Figured this was much cleaner than having to put tags on each such spoilers in the other thread.

Man, this is going to be on energy filled concert. Not a dull tune yet!

Edit: Damn, I spoke that when Mean Street came up but look what's after. :lol:

Pretty Woman is wasting space in the set list. Add another new song! Killer set otherwise though so far.

Edit 2: Looks like Van Halen II is getting some major love this tour!

Thanks for the updates. :thumbsup:

Edited by Paul Stanley

This is like a total overhaul of the set list from 2007. I figured it'd be pretty well the same but again, it's nice to see the love for Van Halen II! Five songs from it so far.

And yes, You and Your Blues is a must. No Blood & Fire yet either. Looks like they might be doing some serious rotating of the new songs this tour, which is good. Get them all played at some point!

This is like a total overhaul of the set list from 2007. I figured it'd be pretty well the same but again, it's nice to see the love for Van Halen II! Five songs from it so far.

So here's the 2012 changes from what I can tell:

Removed:

I'm The One

Atomic Punk

So This Is Love?

And The Cradle Will Rock (surprising, that hurts!)

Little Dreamer (hurts)

Little Guitars

Jamie's Cryin'

Added:

She's The Woman

Tattoo

China Town

The Trouble With Never

Women In Love

Outta Love Again

tat2d1, I wasn't at the show, was getting updates from show, so can't tell you about Dave's voice

Edited by Turn_It_Up

So here's the 2012 changes from what I can tell:

Removed:

I'm The One

Atomic Punk

So This Is Love?

And The Cradle Will Rock (surprising, that hurts!)

Little Dreamer (hurts)

Little Guitars

Jamie's Cryin'

Added:

She's The Woman

Tattoo

China Town

The Trouble With Never

Women In Love

Outta Love Again

I'm surprised they cut "And The Cradle Will Rock" over say Pretty Woman. As cool is that Van Halen II is getting some love this time around I could also live without Women in Love and/or Outta Love Again. Great tunes, but I was dying to hear Little Dreamer and I'm The One. Not too sad about Atomic Punk or Jamie's Cryin'. Again, great tunes but not necessarily needed. Who knows though, this set could easily change over a few shows.

PS, agree with your takes. Here's the revisions that would make a near perfect setlist for this tour, IMO:

You Really Got Me

Runnin' With The Devil

She's The Woman

Romeo Delight

Tattoo

Everybody Wants Some

Somebody Get Me A Doctor

China Town

Mean Street

Pretty Woman (sub: Little Dreamer)

Drum solo (sub: Blood And Fire)

Unchained

The Trouble With Never

Dance The Night Away

I'll Wait (sub: And The Cradle Will Rock)

Hot For Teacher

Women In Love

Outta Love Again (sub: You And Your Blues)

Beautiful Girls

Ice Cream Man (sub: Stay Frosty)

Panama

Eddie's Solo

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Jump

Outta Space live would be so epic, but not sure Dave's voice could handle that for a full tour. The above also missing some faves like DOA, but that's quibbling. I'm guessing they will work in Blood And Fire, either rotating with The Trouble With Never or putting in somewhere else. Hate to sacrifice I'lll Wait, but I'd do it for another new song.

No matter what, what they played still an awesome setlist. Can't wait to see 'em again. rock1

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Looks like you and I are dominating this thread so far. :lol:

I agree with you. I like I'll Wait but I'd be willing to sacrifice it. I'd like to just simply add more songs rather than sacrifice (just like two to three more) but I think that's unrealistic if Dave's voice is going to hold up for the whole tour.

I'd don't think they'll be swapping out the drum solo though. ;)

Pretty Woman is just a waste of space.

I'll Wait and Pretty Woman should be cut. I'm disappointed Jamie's Cryin and Feel Your Love Tonight are absent. Do you guys think they are going to go with the completely static, unchanging setlist like they did on the last tour? Having a new album out makes me think they would want to switch things up and play brand new songs at least once in a while.

Major SPOILER ALERT for those who want this to be fresh at your show: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq3-t_cu_2s

As PS said, no way VH will ever cut the drum solo, but at least they had the good sense to put this and Pretty Woman back-to-back to give more time for a beer run and leak. Just make sure you time yourself or you could miss Unchained!!

Wait, I actually endured listening through that and it sounds like at the end they are going into The Trouble With Never, but I've checked our setlist with other reported setlists and everyone has Unchained after Alex's solo and before TTWN. Dunno.

Edited by Turn_It_Up

very pleased they're doing Outta Love, and it's awesome to see them put in so much of the new album.

They only did 4 songs from the new album, I'm not complaining, I'm just sayin'. I'm really hoping they'll eliminate Pretty Woman in favor of You and Your Blues or Blood and Fire.

Here's a review of the tour kickoff: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/van-halen-2012-tour-review/

Here's a quick vid somebody shot of the merch booth.

It's been confirmed from people that were at the show that the $40 shirts are for size 2XL, all other sizes are $35. I'll probably get the one with the album cover.

I hope it's not like the last tour where the shirts had a clingy fit and you had to buy one size up to get a comfortable fit. :confused: