[SPOILER ALERT] Van Halen 2012 tour discussion

Turn_It_Up

Definitely goin' with the album cover/train shirt. $35 pretty standard.

Another tidbit that I had to go to the box office at Allstate Arena to pick up my RHCP tix and while there I asked the guy what other rock acts are coming. First thing out of his mouth was VH on April 1st and I asked him if it was sold out(just curious, already have my tix). He said there's still a small amount of tix available, but that he thought next week's United Center show was sold out and that the April show will sell out soon. But he said VH tix being $50-$60 more than other acts was definitely slowing things, especially asking folks to shell out big buck$ for the back upper level seats. Not the band's fault, but the pricing really is stretching things for alot of fans and easy to see why a place like State College got cancelled.

My RHCP tix are amazing seats and $45 per tick less than VH...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who really cares what kind of mic he's using?! Dave's not only a frontman, he's an ENTERTAINER and the hands free setup allows him more freedom. As long as he sounds good, I could give a rat's ass what kind of microphone he uses ;):thumbsup:

Very much agreed. I think our biggest concern with Dave is that his voice will hold up for the tour. He sounded great on You Really Got Me and Beautiful Girls! I don't want to watch too many videos at this point though. March 9th isn't too far away.

Dave doesn't sound very good, but I'm going to listen to EVH play guitar. They should just pump some extra vocals in for Dave.

To me he's sounding better than 2007 in the videos I've watched so far, with the exception of Dance the Night Away from the Forum show. That one was pretty bad.

Detroit show happening right now. We'll see if there's any tweaks to setlist.

There's a setlist going around that includes Girl Gone Bad which would be friggin' sweet *IF* true.

Added: Wow, supposedly GGB just played!!!! rock4rock3 rock1

GIIIIIRRRRRRLLLLLL

GIIIIIIIRRRRRRRLLLLL

GIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRLLLLL

You really got me

Running with the devil

She's the woman

Romeo Delight

Tattoo

Every wants some

Somebody get me a doctor

China town

Mean Street

Pretty Woman

Alex Solo

Unchained

The trouble with never

Dance the night away

I'll wait

Hot for teacher

Women in love

Girl gone bad

Beautiful Girls

Ice cream man

Panama

Ed guitar solo

Ain't talkin bout love

Jump

Edited by Turn_It_Up

No Beautiful Girls :shrugs: I hope they play it in St Louis

The setlist I saw had it. In fact, the only change I saw from the first to the second concert was Girl Gone Bad instead of Outta Love.

Yeah, that's correct. They just subbed GGB for OLA. BG came right after GGB(I fixed setlist above).

Edited by Turn_It_Up

It's cool to see that they will be subbing songs here and there. I know the majority will stay the same but at least it won't be as stale as 2007 where virtually every show was the same (sometimes some shows had a song or two less if the bootlegs I have are anything to go by).

Yeah, the last tour had the exact same setlist every single night until later on in the tour when they dropped Little Guitars. Changing one song out has already given this tour more variety than the last one had.

Who really cares what kind of mic he's using?! Dave's not only a frontman, he's an ENTERTAINER and the hands free setup allows him more freedom. As long as he sounds good, I could give a rat's ass what kind of microphone he uses ;):thumbsup:

:thumbsdown:

let's not sugarcoat it, it looks weird/ghey.

Nah, I could honestly give a crap about his mic as long as he sounds good. I will admit that I was surprised to see him using a headset microphone though. Whatever...

Headset not a huge deal to me, but does look awkward at times(he fidgets with it alot) and would prefer he go back to the regular mic like in 2007:

Man, I dug the 07 tour, but Wolfie was REALLY out of his element back then. Both his playing and stage presence have come fuckin' miles since then. :thumbsup:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

oh wow, he sounds much better on Dance The Night Away back then.

That seems to be one of the ones he's really struggling with from the videos I've watched so far. Maybe that'll change as the tour rolls on.

So far, some songs he seems to sound about the same as 2007, others he sounds better (the Hot For Teacher I watched from the Forum show easily beat any 2007 performance I've heard), some are still good enough, and others not so much (like Dance The Night Away of course).