New Slash Song - You're A Lie

Zint

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myles is going to kick people's asses on this album.

Too many around here are so caught up in how well he does/doesn't cover GNR songs that they don't realize how fucking amazing the guys voice is.

Agreed, when I saw him live he was spot on vocally - he really impressed me

Can't wait to hear this song in full

Triple M's Love Rod says Slash and Gunners fans will not be disappointed.

"To say this song has attitude is an understatement!" he said. "It lures with a build up of guitars and vocals that catch your ears then bangs into a killer chorus with Myles Kennedy reaching into flat out vocal form. May take a few listens but it will grow instantly with ear pleasure."

http://www.triplem.com.au/brisbane/music/news/blog/listen-slash-youre-a-lie-from-his-second-solo-studio-album-apocalyptic-love/20120224-foxz.html

Sounds like hardcore punk meets glam

You got that out of a 30 second song clip? :drevil:

probably made a snap judgement based on hearing TK screaming backing vocals in the chorus. I sure as hell don't hear that in the part of the verse on it. personally don't hear it at all, but to each their own.

I liked Slash's previous album, the izzy, iggy pop, chris cornell and adam levine songs were all solid I thought...the problem I have with this snippet is that I'm not particularly into his voice in here...it sounds way too clean and polished...I went to see him n' slash live at warfield and it was an awesome show....but excited for this record and definitely hoping to hear some cool new Slash riffs/solos on this album

Myles is going to kick people's asses on this album.

Too many around here are so caught up in how well he does/doesn't cover GNR songs that they don't realize how fucking amazing the guys voice is.

I think he's great vocalist, but sounds shitty on GN'R songs.

I don't like that clip. It's only 30 seconds, so I'll give this song (and entirely album of course) a chance.