New Slash Song - You're A Lie

Zint

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refuse to listen to this clip until the full song is released. I've learnt the hard way that 30sec clips just ruin song for me cuz I end up making snap judgmnets. Will wait for the 27th.

Hopefully this song suits Myles's voice more that the previous two he did with Slash.

Ugh yuck.

1. I'm not a fan of Myles voice and

2. musically it sounds like any generic rock n roll band. It actually just sounds like something that Alterbridge, Nickleback, Seether etc all those rubbish bands

This.

Exactly. I think someone else in this thread also said it sounded like seether, in my opinion, that's not a good thing.

Ugh yuck.

1. I'm not a fan of Myles voice and

2. musically it sounds like any generic rock n roll band. It actually just sounds like something that Alterbridge, Nickleback, Seether etc all those rubbish bands

This! I can't believe this is the same guy who wrote those amazing riffs in Appetite!

I don't like it either. I don't like Alter Bridge or the two songs he had on Slash. It really does sound like some generic crap. I think that all Myles Kennedy is capable of doing well is covering songs.

I can't say I'm a huge Myles fan but I really enjoyed Back From Cali. This clip sounds OK but I'd have to hear the whole song before I judge it.

All-in-all I liked Slash album but I expect this one to feel more like an album rather than random songs put together. Can't wait for the Toronto show!

I refuse to listen to this clip until the full song is released. I've learnt the hard way that 30sec clips just ruin song for me cuz I end up making snap judgmnets. Will wait for the 27th.

Hopefully this song suits Myles's voice more that the previous two he did with Slash.

Yeah, I did :xmasssanta:

I don't like it either. I don't like Alter Bridge or the two songs he had on Slash. It really does sound like some generic crap. I think that all Myles Kennedy is capable of doing well is covering songs.

I can't say I'm a huge Myles fan but I really enjoyed Back From Cali. This clip sounds OK but I'd have to hear the whole song before I judge it.

All-in-all I liked Slash album but I expect this one to feel more like an album rather than random songs put together. Can't wait for the Toronto show!

I don't like BFC but I like Starlight a lot :)

I like the heavy riff and I really like that Slash, Brent and Todd are meshed together so well. Not sure if I love it though. Way too short of a clip. It could end up sucking or being awesome as far as I am concerned.

The songs I end up loving from someone are ones that have to grow on me so maybe I have to listen to this a few times... kind of like "Nothing to Say" on Slashs first album. That's one of his best pieces of work that he's done, IMO.