New Slash Song - You're A Lie

Zint

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really know what has happened to Slash ?

Why go with that modern rock crap with some gay guitar melodies during chorus only to speed and harden it up during chorus. Don't get it and don't like it.

I am for a change quite a fan of Mr Kennedy ( didn't like some of his GN'R covers though) but he sounds a little thin and chorus is too short.

Also don't like lyrics - pretty generic and stupid , know that lyrics are not so much important in rock n' roll ( well to me they are) but it is like singing about nothing, I like Myles lyrics in Alter Bridge (but Tremonti lyrics on first AB album were generally better) but this sounds sub-par to both AB and VR. Of course it is 30sec clip and I see where those lyrics are going. \

Anyway it is 30sec clip so those are only first impressions. I also had my fair share of disappointment concerning those clips ( biggest one "Acid Buble" by Alice in Chains, clip was sounding genuine but song itself was boring )

You're A Lie

...give it a few listens B)

Thanks to sleeper for the link..

...ithe clip is up on youtube now as well (if the link above didn't work for you)

Thank you! This pretty much confirms how awesome I think this record is gonna be. I don't always like Myles Kennedy's vocals (on some Gn'R songs), but the stuff he was handpicked for on Slash's last record, and now this entire record's worth of collaboration ... I am fucking pumped, man. Wooo!

Edit: I've listened to this now several times. The chorus "you're a LIE-----AR" sounds a little too much like "Thriller," no?

Edited by GnR Chris

I don't really know what has happened to Slash ?

Why go with that modern rock crap with some gay guitar melodies during chorus only to speed and harden it up during chorus. Don't get it and don't like it.

I am for a change quite a fan of Mr Kennedy ( didn't like some of his GN'R covers though) but he sounds a little thin and chorus is too short.

Also don't like lyrics - pretty generic and stupid , know that lyrics are not so much important in rock n' roll ( well to me they are) but it is like singing about nothing, I like Myles lyrics in Alter Bridge (but Tremonti lyrics on first AB album were generally better) but this sounds sub-par to both AB and VR. Of course it is 30sec clip and I see where those lyrics are going. \

Anyway it is 30sec clip so those are only first impressions. I also had my fair share of disappointment concerning those clips ( biggest one "Acid Buble" by Alice in Chains, clip was sounding genuine but song itself was boring )

I really dig Acid Bubble, except for those breakdowns, that is.

If you are on the east coast in America that means 12:00 midnight tonight, 9 on the west coast.

I saw this on the AB board. Slash is debuting the song at 4pm Sydney time monday. Which means in America that is tonight!!

Sweet!...can't wait! B)

Man I can't believe that there are people in here who were/are fans of Guns N Roses who say that thy liked that clip! I just gave it a seconds chance and it is very ordinary.

fuck off hillbilly.

clip rocks.

I just gave my honest opinion, I liked some of Slashs solo album but if this is going to be a single of his next solo album then I don't hold too higher hopes for it. Its bad. Although I don't expect too much objectivity if you are dangling from Slashs nuts like you.