Another red hand Chinese Democracy CD sold on eBay

troccoli

Cotis -

If you are going to plainly state as fact that the Grenade version is fake, you obviously must have some sort of proof or knowledge. Please share.

As for how much it would fetch, the most I've been offered for mine is $4,000, hope that helps.

if it is an original why not post a couple of picture (close ups) (booklet pictures) to prove it ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the Grenade was printed we don't have enough proof a legit copy exists

The reason there are so few of them is that the ones that exist are prototypes that were presented to the band for future consideration and were produced in much smaller numbers than the red hands (which were actually given out to the band). There are at least 30 red hands out there, maybe more. I only know of two grenades and the other owner seems to want to stay quiet.

The grenade never came as close to being sent for a real print run like red hand was. You have two types of red hands. You have the actual sealed Best Buy red hands that were accidentally printed and sent to Best Buy stores and you have the promo red hands that were given to people involved with the band.

You are entitled to believe the grenade does not exist and I agree that you may not have enough proof that it does. I do have enough proof that it does, because I have one.

well if you have got a copy like you say upload a couple of pictures to prove it !! did you get both alternate covers off the same person ?

hahahahha, hitman i already told you if it was that important to you that i would consider selling mine.

little hon, it doesn't matter where i got the red hand & grenade CDs from. but i do have them. hitman has been to my house and seen them. he has since tracked down his own copy of red hand. i really don't think he'll find a grenade, which is why i've considered parting with mine. seems to mean more to him than it means to me.

Did you buy them?

hahahahha, hitman i already told you if it was that important to you that i would consider selling mine.

little hon, it doesn't matter where i got the red hand & grenade CDs from. but i do have them. hitman has been to my house and seen them. he has since tracked down his own copy of red hand. i really don't think he'll find a grenade, which is why i've considered parting with mine. seems to mean more to him than it means to me.

so if your prepared to sell the cd why not upload a couple of pictures then ?? i can take a picture of the grenade picture and pop it inside the cd case and say mines a prototype , how do we know you havent done that ??

little hon -

the day i got it in the mail, i posted some pictures on my message board. if you wan't to believe i've created a fake cover, that doesn't bother me. i'm completely fine with the half of you guys believing i'm full of shit no matter what i say and the other half believing i'm legit.

think about you -

and that's fine. you have the right to doubt me. i didn't get the red hand & grenade CDs so that people online would think i'm cool. i just thought they'd be interesting conversation pieces when GNR fans come to my house. i'm the only known collector in the world that owns all three versions of chinese democracy, so it's very common for people to want to thumb through the booklets. i have a lot of rare stuff in my collection, but i realize those particular CDs seem to interest people the most.

all im saying is if you got an original grenade cover then you should be wanting to show others and not just talking about it , i bet 95% off people on this forum think your making it up !!!

little hon -

the day i got it in the mail, i posted some pictures on my message board. if you wan't to believe i've created a fake cover, that doesn't bother me. i'm completely fine with the half of you guys believing i'm full of shit no matter what i say and the other half believing i'm legit.

think about you -

and that's fine. you have the right to doubt me. i didn't get the red hand & grenade CDs so that people online would think i'm cool. i just thought they'd be interesting conversation pieces when GNR fans come to my house. i'm the only known collector in the world that owns all three versions of chinese democracy, so it's very common for people to want to thumb through the booklets. i have a lot of rare stuff in my collection, but i realize those particular CDs seem to interest people the most.

all im saying is if you got an original grenade cover then you should be wanting to show others and not just talking about it , i bet 95% off people on this forum think your making it up !!!

why should he want to post a picture? To prove to a bunch of people that don't like him that its real? He posted the picture on mistersaintlaurent.com for his FRIENDS to see it.

During my search for the red hand cover, I went back and looked through numerous threads on here and other boards about alternative covers, and I know for a fact someone posted his picture from his site. So if you care that much, start digging old threads because its there somewhere.

little hon -

think about you -

why should he want to post a picture? To prove to a bunch of people that don't like him that its real? He posted the picture on mistersaintlaurent.com for his FRIENDS to see it.

During my search for the red hand cover, I went back and looked through numerous threads on here and other boards about alternative covers, and I know for a fact someone posted his picture from his site. So if you care that much, start digging old threads because its there somewhere.

how can you say i dont like him ? all i asked was for a picture of the grenade cd , whats wrong with that ?

little hon -

think about you -

how can you say i dont like him ? all i asked was for a picture of the grenade cd , whats wrong with that ?

I didn't say he didn't want to post a picture because "little hon doesn't like him."

little hon -

think about you -

I didn't say he didn't want to post a picture because "little hon doesn't like him."

whats the point in coming on these forums and saying you got something and not putting pictures for people to see ? if i got anything that people want to see then i will gladly upload pictures !!

little hon -

think about you -

whats the point in coming on these forums and saying you got something and not putting pictures for people to see ? if i got anything that people want to see then i will gladly upload pictures !!

I cannot speak for MSL but various reasons may include people don't like him, he doesn't want pictures to be posted of a product that may eventually come out, he has other plans, he just doesn't want to, etc.

Again, he HAS posted a picture of it, so feel free to search for it.

little hon -

think about you -

I cannot speak for MSL but various reasons may include people don't like him, he doesn't want pictures to be posted of a product that may eventually come out, he has other plans, he just doesn't want to, etc.

Again, he HAS posted a picture of it, so feel free to search for it.

well if its a prototype as he says then it will never come out , ive seen a picture of it and well its does nothing to convince me its real , if thats the best picture he can upload then its a definate copy ! prove me wrong then !!

Axl has made mention a few times that he wants the proper artwork for the album to be eventually released. I have no way of knowing if that artwork would consist of the art found in the Red Hand version, the Grenade version, or a different version altogether. Until we know for sure what artwork is being used for a potential reissue (or know for sure there won't be new art issued), it's hard for me to know whether I should keep things to myself in regards to the Grenade version.

Yeah, but wouldn't that imply that they are not going to use any of the artwork from the red hand cover? Otrherwise they would have ordered the images taken down? Or it implies that they are okay with posting the imagery (even if a reissue is going to happen) in which case you would have nothing to fear from posting pics. Please post pics. Went through your website and could not find the topic. Thanks.

troccoli, as you know i am a huge fan of yours and a huge fan of your site. perhaps i could make a private video showing the differences between the different booklets.

i have no idea what art will be used or if any art will be used at all. i think it's possible the art from red hand could be used. if those images weren't out there and people wanted me to post images from red hand, i prolly wouldn't.

I saw the pic on your site when you posted it a while back. Sadly it was posted right in the background next to the red hand cover cd and some other gnr stuff like vinyl etc, some might suggest that was done intentionally. That pic did nothing to disprove that you haven't printed off the grenade pic and slipped it into a cd case.

Now if you post an upclose image of the cover that would go someway to disproving any doubters. Plus the cover image is freely available now so it won't cause you any problems with GNR and possible future releases.

I don't think MSL wants the video/shots public. So I would ask his permission even though would be cool to see full shots of the artwork

I did ask, if he wants me to remove anything I will.

give him your utube account so he can put you on the list to view it for yourself

Cool I've seen the video would love to see the full scans some day