Fastest Guitar Player - 600 Beats Per Minute

username

The only people who read the Guinness Book anymore are people prepping for Jeopardy. You get an award and a mention, your name might be on a trivia game, but you figure they'd throw in a year's supply of their beer.

Other than "how do I prevent carpal tunnel and minimizing hand cramps"...

That's all well and good but there comes a point in songcrafting where going that fast becomes pointless and the sounds disintegrate into dust.

songcrafting doesn't enter into this equation.

That's exactly what you should keep in mind here. It's an exercise of pure speed. And it's awesome for that.

As some of you may know I'm not a big fan of shredders song-wise at all.

But this is fun just to see it can be done.

One of the very few great examples of shredding in a song would be Alvin Lee with Ten Years After at Woodstock playing I'm Going Home. :wub:

Otherwise, it rarely ever "touches" me.

From 7:50 onwards it's a fucking out of control rock and roll frenzy.

Leo Lyons is a fucking great bass player too! :lol:^_^

Edited by username

Just because you can play fast doesn't mean you can't write a great song. Why don't peopple fucking get that? In fact, proper technique and theory give you the tools to write a good song and reasons behind why songs sound good. The people who said something about BBF or Buckethead writing better songs are the same as the people who talk.about Slash writing better songs/having no soul. Just at a higher level.

That's all well and good but there comes a point in songcrafting where going that fast becomes pointless and the sounds disintegrate into dust.

songcrafting doesn't enter into this equation.

That's exactly what you should keep in mind here. It's an exercise of pure speed. And it's awesome for that.

As some of you may know I'm not a big fan of shredders song-wise at all.

But this is fun just to see it can be done.

One of the very few great examples of shredding in a song would be Alvin Lee with Ten Years After at Woodstock playing I'm Going Home. :wub:

Otherwise, it rarely ever "touches" me.

From 7:50 onwards it's a fucking out of control rock and roll frenzy.

Leo Lyons is a fucking great bass player too! :lol:^_^

Is that shredding? :confused:

I thought it was just really good guitar playing...

Is that shredding? :confused:

I thought it was just really good guitar playing...

That it certainly is! But I think it's sort of where shredding started too... :unsure:

I doubt that any one song or performance could be credited as starting shredding. It seems more like the thing a lot of kids picking up guitar would do just for the hell of it, "hey, how fast can I play this thing? Maybe it'll piss off my parents!".