Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Duff playing House of Blues Cleveland 4/13/12

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

DaneisKing1389

DaneisKing1389

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • 11-February 06
I wouldn't be surprised if Adler and/or Slash get together there to play It's So Easy. I'll probably get tickets. I'm only 30 minutes away.

tippin

tippin

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • 22-July 05
Duff tells Axl to play with him, invites Slash to come up and play a song, Axl gets pissed and flies home, HOF is ruined..
"I sold my soul to Axl Rose" sorry, don't remember who said it, but you know who you are!

DaneisKing1389

DaneisKing1389

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • 11-February 06

Duff tells Axl to play with him, invites Slash to come up and play a song, Axl gets pissed and flies home, HOF is ruined..

Axl wouldn't show up to that.

Edited by DaneisKing1389, 08 March 2012 - 12:57 AM.

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,016 posts
  • 12-December 08
If the one-off happens, it helps all the guys being inducted. People can want a reunion tour all they want, all they should say that night is "we'll see", and a few months later just say "we had a fun night, we were able to get together and thank our fans, the only thing we discussed is maybe doing a big show at some point, but all of us have a lot going on this year."

A reunion tour - if you read between the lines of what Slash had said about it, he'd want to be reinstated as a band member. The only person I could see from the original lineup coming back is Duff, and he could figure out the CD songs, I have no doubt about that.

Pink Floyd did it for raising awareness... they were just on the same page about getting along the way the G-8 should have been getting along. The benefits were more recent, and it was just Roger & Dave doing each other a favor. Gilmour's pretty much retired, Roger's said he's done with touring after this, without Rick, Dave's not really into going on the road, even though Roger's son Harry knows all the songs.

The point is not just getting on stage for one night...it's that if he does that, the pressure to do a reunion tour increases a thousand fold. So you do a reunion tour...then what? You have destroyed a band that actually has a chance to make relevant music and has a great chemistry for a one shot tour. Do you actually see Axl going in the studio and making an album with old GN'R. That's a recipe for disaster...so, obviously its not our decision, but its a hell or a lot more complicated than just get on stage or ur a dick.

Baloney--Axl will gain a tremendous amount of admiration from the press, and regular folk for burying the hatchet for one night and making peace with his old bandmates--just as Pink Floyd did for charity a few years back. Roger Waters and David Gilmour both have sold out many a tour since, and increased their value ten-fold due to the one time reunion. Axl will get so much good press, and will not look like the bad guy (finally), after he "man's up" and plays with the original guys for the fans. He himself told the LA Times so much--he's gonna do it, and doesn't want to ruin it for the fans. This mysterious, heretical, tenth hand quote attributed to Del is hogwash. Axl pretty much said they are gonna do it right for the fans---I take his word in the LA Times seriously, and don't believe some random Tweet attributed to Del (especially with no context or proof that he even said that). Until the date passes, and they don't play, I think it's 99.9% certain they are gonna play a tune or two for their fans. With that said, I don't think there will be a reunion, just a one-off show, and then Axl goes back to his tour and new album work, and Slash goes back to touring in support of his new album.

I wouldn't be surprised if Adler and/or Slash get together there to play It's So Easy. I'll probably get tickets. I'm only 30 minutes away.

You could go to the simulcast, I think HBO is just showing highlights.

DaneisKing1389

DaneisKing1389

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • 11-February 06

You could go to the simulcast, I think HBO is just showing highlights.

I have tickets to the Induction. I was talking about the Duff show.

Edited by DaneisKing1389, 08 March 2012 - 01:06 AM.

OTHAFA

OTHAFA

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
  • 27-March 04

You have destroyed a band that actually has a chance to make relevant music

really???

My thoughts exactly.
"Limp Bizkit is fun." - W. Axl Rose, 1999.

JimBobJoeJackJr

JimBobJoeJackJr

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • 20-April 05
Just got my Duff tickets - 3rd Row! I was hoping to score VIP tix as they were only $10 more but there were only 18 available so those dissapeared immediately.

I live in Cleveland and every three years the inductions are here. I'm still kicking myself for not getting to Metallica's induction 3 years ago.

Here is what happens on induction weekend. The induction ceremony happens Saturday night, however all groups that are getting inducted usually have separate parties on Friday night somewhere in the city. The reason for this is because they want to have the big celebration with their family, friends and record company and they cannot get tickets to the induction for all of these people. These parties are hush-hush and most of the time the public never knows where they were held until after the fact. Three years ago Metallica rented out most of the House of Blues for their party so when I heard Duff was playing there on Friday night I really started to get excited. Our HOB is pretty big with at least 5 different "rooms" where events can happen. There are some rooms that unless you are invited to private parties, you will never know they exist. I'm holding out hope that GnR has something going on at HOB after hours and we may get some special guests to join Duff on stage.

This could be a really cool night!
SIGNATURE EDITED: PLEASE CHECK SIGNATURE GUIDELINES:
http://www.mygnrforu...?showtopic=9592

Zint

Zint

• Supporters
  • 17,154 posts
  • 24-February 06
Interesting thing is...it's not billed as a Loaded show.In fact...a search on Live Nation for Loaded doesn't bring up any shows for that band.

It's billed as Duff McKagan It's So Easy (and other lies) A Punk's Revue!.

I find that intriguing.

But maybe it's a spoken word who knows? :tongue2:

Either way...if I was in Cleveland that weekend I'd definitely be down at that show.

2i0u9oh.jpg

axlsalinger

axlsalinger

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts
  • 02-April 05
Yeah, if I was in the area I would absolutely go to this, just on the off chance that something "interesting" happens. Even if not, it would still be a fun night hangin' with Duff.

Gonna be one of, if not the, craziest weekends in GNR's history.

"Nothing here is Subject To Change.

Without A PERMANENT SUSPENSION of the "Pseudo Studio Musician Work Ethic."

Sincerely, W. Eddie Vedder

"Love boat captain, take the reins and steer us towards the clear. Here."

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,016 posts
  • 12-December 08

Interesting thing is...it's not billed as a Loaded show.In fact...a search on Live Nation for Loaded doesn't bring up any shows for that band.

It's billed as Duff McKagan It's So Easy (and other lies) A Punk's Revue!.

I find that intriguing.

But maybe it's a spoken word who knows? :tongue2:

Either way...if I was in Cleveland that weekend I'd definitely be down at that show.

https://www.facebook...65035550196500/

This should clear it up:
On the eve of his induction into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame, this intimate gathering will feature a multi-media exploration of Duff ‘s career in music, words, video, and sound. Musicians Mike Squires, Jeff Rouse, and Paul Hutzler will accompany McKagan through this hour-long spoken word performance. The room will then be opened up for a Q&A.

There are a limited number of VIP tickets which will include front row seating and a meet & greet following the show.

Books will be available for purchase at the event thanks to the support of Mac's Backs Books.

Edited by dalsh327, 09 March 2012 - 04:03 PM.

Zint

Zint

• Supporters
  • 17,154 posts
  • 24-February 06
Ahhh ok,thanks!

I thought it sounded like it could be spoken word related.

Still interesting as to who might show up.

Should be a cool evening regardless. :)

2i0u9oh.jpg

DaneisKing1389

DaneisKing1389

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • 11-February 06
I picked up two tickets. I think I'd rather hear him talk about his life and the book than see Loaded. Not that they're bad, but I can't get into them whatsoever.

I'll also pick up a copy of his book, since nobody around here seems to have it.

axlfan88

axlfan88

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • 05-February 08
It would be awesome if Axl and Slash showed up, even if they didn't share the stage.
Guns N'Roses : Basel 1992, Seville 1992, Basel 1993
Axl's band : Leeds 2002, London 2002, Paris 2006.

Posted Image

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,016 posts
  • 12-December 08

It would be awesome if Axl and Slash showed up, even if they didn't share the stage.

I'm guessing the week of the show, that's when the inductees will talk to Paul Shaffer and Robbie Robertson about what they plan on doing. I'm sure they have a rough draft of what's going on that night, but not everyone has said they're going to be there, or who the people inducting them are. Donovan - it's likely to be McCartney, maybe Jimmy Page. I think Laura Nyro is going to be the surprise of the night, once they announce who's singing the songs. GnR - maybe Aerosmith, but forgot to ask Joe Perry when he was answering a bunch of questions if they're going (he was talking about the 60 Minutes interview).

It's likely Slash will be a part of the finale, usually they have some sort of blues jam... I can't imagine them not asking him to take part in it. Axl being there prevents anyone else from singing the songs, but it's ultimately up to him what songs are played, and with which band members. No one from GnR is going with any expectations of playing together, but they're all bringing their instruments.

But you have to wonder who Axl is looking forward to seeing LESS, Irving Azoff or Slash.

Birk

Birk

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • 20-October 03
Im going to the HOF for the ceremony, but i cant leave until saturday morning so i cant make HOB, i think friday night might be big ugh
The truth is the truth hurts, dont you agree

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users