Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New Duff interview with Rolling Stone: answers Q's about R&R HOF, amongst other things

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

yes i love you

yes i love you

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • 27-June 06

but axl cant just ask them if they will want to play on the spot... If they are to pefrom it has to b decided before the ceremony. And somehow i dont see slash and axl talking before or even at the induction ceremony.

Anybody remember the metallica Icon thing? jason was sitting at a different spot than the rest of the bands... I think its gonna be like that. They ll come, get on the stage, thank everyone and then leave without even talking to eachother. I hope i am wrong though. What gnr fan is not going to want the orignal line up performing the clasics which they wrote themselves even for just 1 night?

I think for the sake of awkwardness and to take the edge of such a prolific first meeting and joint speeches. The original GNR will hook up the night before inc Axl and Slash
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

rocker rockstar

rocker rockstar

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • 22-March 07
It would be cool if they all show up and play.

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 15,935 posts
  • 28-January 11
Izzy will show up, he's the only guy I care about at this moment.

Posted Image

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

rudolf1978

rudolf1978

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • 17-December 11
5 years ago,i would say that there were 0 chances of reunion.Now............im sure thereŽll be a reunion.Sure.Not in hall of fame,but maybe 2013.SURE.
REUNION OR QUIT

Silent Jay

Silent Jay

SOUL MONSTER

• SILVER
  • 3,078 posts
  • 04-January 12

5 years ago,i would say that there were 0 chances of reunion.Now............im sure thereŽll be a reunion.Sure.Not in hall of fame,but maybe 2013.SURE.

No.

Paris 2006/Geneva 2010/Lyon 2012

911886123.jpg

Tacos Or Animals

Eu4ic

Eu4ic

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • 15-October 11
Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven. WOO HOO!

Ketan

Ketan

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • 29-November 08
Izzy! WOOHOO
His Coat Is Torn And Frayed

KiraMPD

KiraMPD

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • 03-December 11

You have those day dreams like, "We'll go up and play 'Nightrain' and 'Brownstone' and throw down the microphone and drop off! That'll be killer!' But I doubt that'll happen.

Lol, yeah I've had that dream! :D
Nice to see that Duff's being cool and positive about it (although I had no doubt in my mind that he would have a mature outlook on this situation).

On a bit of a side note, I just heard this article being mentioned on Planet Rock radio among other things while they did their short 2min "rock news" section and something they said erked me...

The dude said "A couple of Guns n Roses related news..." and then proceeded to talk about Slash's new album (and Duff interview) at which point I was left thinking, "They do realise Slash hasn't been in GnR since 1996, right? How is this "GnR" related news? o_O"

Okay, they might have been said it as a way to condense it down but still... isn't it a little insulting to everyone involved (especially Slash) that people in the media business keep making these casual slips? Twas pretty awkward to listen to... >_>;;

/rant

Edited by KiraMPD, 12 March 2012 - 11:17 AM.

"Maybe it would've been best for the purists if we'd died or broken up. Then they'd get to keep it the way they liked it." - Axl Rose - Rolling Stone, April 2nd 1992, RS627

Posted Image - Izzy Stradlin 117 Degrees Of Seperation (1998) :D

(my shitty gallery >>> http://kiona-sko.deviantart.com/)

mister mosh

mister mosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • 04-January 12
Wouldnt they need to rehearse/know what songs they were gonna do if they were planning on doing it? i mean they could wing it..but with it being broadcast and with it being the first time the 5 would play together in YEARS...wouldnt they have some sort of mini-rehearsal, sharpen up...and i guess so far theres been NO communication between them and axl...so doesnt bode well for a performance

rudolf1978

rudolf1978

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • 17-December 11

No.

No? ok,ill will remind you...maybe 2013 or 2014,but im sure there will be a reunion.
REUNION OR QUIT

SoulMonster

SoulMonster

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,262 posts
  • 12-December 08

No.

No? ok,ill will remind you...maybe 2013 or 2014,but im sure there will be a reunion.

Like in Axl dissolving the current lineup which he enjoys playing with and also scrapping all plans of future records with these guys as well the plan to eventually release the leftovers from the CD sessions which has been part of his grand plan for the last 15 years, just to make an artistically and creatively U-turn and go back to play old songs with an old lineup featuring a guy he has explicitly said he despises and will have nothing to do with except by ambush, and hence lose all integrity he has ever had and which is at times the only thing he has ever had, and all this within a couple of years after touring successfully with the new lineup, getting for once great reviews and starting to turn the tide and get the press to acknowledge the current version of Guns N' Roses and after revamping the web page? You stillreally believe a reunuon with the old lineup is going to happen next year or in 2014?

My friend, you want to buy the Eiffel Tower? I have the papers right here.

Edited by SoulMonster, 15 March 2012 - 02:45 AM.

Taking things too seriously since 1988. -- I wonder how it is to be an agnostic, dyslexic insomniac, lying awake at night wondering if there really is a dog. -- NEVER EXPECT, ALWAYS HOPE.

Estranged Reality

Estranged Reality

=:-o

• Admins
  • 15,517 posts
  • 04-November 06

5 years ago,i would say that there were 0 chances of reunion.Now............im sure there´ll be a reunion.Sure.Not in hall of fame,but maybe 2013.SURE.

No.

Like in Axl dissolving the current lineup which he enjoys playing with and also scrapping all plans of future records with these guys as well the plan to eventually release the leftovers from the CD sessions which has been part of his grand plan for the last 15 years, just to make an artistically and creatively U-turn and go back to play old songs with an old lineup featuring a guy he has explicitly said he despises and will have nothing to do with except by ambush, and hence lose all integrity he has ever had and which is at times the only thing he has ever had, and all this within a couple of years after touring successfully with the new lineup, getting for once great reviews and starting to turn the tide and get the press to acknowledge the current version of Guns N' Roses and after revamping the web page? You stillreally believe a reunuon with the old lineup is going to happen next year or in 2014?

geez, chill. axl's shown that he is willing to play with various ex-members, whether it's the ones average people recognize (duff, matt, et al) or the ones only us die-hards remember (robin, brain, et al).

obviously slash is the big enemy for axl right now. ten years ago duff and matt were totally off the table, too. i would be more surprised if there isn't ever any sort of reunion - even if it's only a couple songs at a charity somewhere - rather than if there were never a reunion at all. it doesn't mean axl has to abandon everything he's been working on for the past 15 years, although given how inactive the group as a whole has been until the past couple years, it's not exactly like he would be undoing years and years of progress.

the simple fact is no one knows what the future holds in store.

Edited by Estranged Reality, 15 March 2012 - 03:05 AM.

Posted Image

And there was damage done but I made it home and woke up on the floor

rudolf1978

rudolf1978

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • 17-December 11

No.

geez, chill. axl's shown that he is willing to play with various ex-members, whether it's the ones average people recognize (duff, matt, et al) or the ones only us die-hards remember (robin, brain, et al).

obviously slash is the big enemy for axl right now. ten years ago duff and matt were totally off the table, too. i would be more surprised if there isn't ever any sort of reunion - even if it's only a couple songs at a charity somewhere - rather than if there were never a reunion at all. it doesn't mean axl has to abandon everything he's been working on for the past 15 years, although given how inactive the group as a whole has been until the past couple years, it's not exactly like he would be undoing years and years of progress.

the simple fact is no one knows what the future holds in store.

the fact is that 5 years ago Axl was distanced with most of the clasic line up,only izzy,but now with Duff,and after reading one of the latest interviews and after what Slash said,and maybe after RRHOF im sure that therell be a chance of reunion.

And dont get me wrong, i love this current lineup but .......a reunion would be like filling stadiums around the world again.Im sure they all want.
REUNION OR QUIT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users