OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

For a second, I thought the OP was insinuating that they'd interviewed Slash's mum on the possibility of a reunion... (Yes, I realised soon afterwards that she has passed away and that probably has drained all humour out of the misunderstanding.)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ben9785

I think enough time has passed, and Axl seems to be enjoying himself in the present, and likewise alot more receptive to the fans. If there would be any occasion for the original band to get together, this is it. No nostalgia, no ludicrous financial offers attached, this is a night to recognize what those members achieved in one stage of their careers. So they'll appear onstage together cordially, maybe play a song, and that's it, next day they all move on with their lives. It doesn't have to be as careful or mystical as people seem to make it out to be, I mean more the media and general fans who are following this like a gossip "Will they be in the same room together? Will they make eye contact? Will they shake hands? Will they kiss?" Just wait and see, and whatever happens it is probably for the one night only.

Obviously talks have taken place. Perhaps even Axl and Slash have spoken, but they just can't speak about stuff that high natured to the public/media when nothing is certain, and to remain that secrecy about it.

There is obviously a lot of money involved and each band member is being advised on what to do/what to say down to the smallest detail.

No offense but did you dig that out of your ass?

I think the best chance of something happening at the hof is with all the members going in with the "see what happens" attitude.....I think trying to arrange something beforehand could cause some problems. However i hope the hof could accomodate a spur of the moment type thing.

That's exactly what they're all doing, but I think this is the first time Slash has mentioned anything about going. It's a 4 hour event, so if they don't play, it trims the show down. What they should be asking Slash is if there's plans for him to play with the house band at the end.

Nothing is going to happen because Slash is a dick. Axl can't forget all the shit that happened with him and good for him I guess, it's not like he has to sacrifice his life for the sake of the fans.

Somebody has the mentality of a 9 year old, the rhof is bigger than egos. It's about the fans. If any of the originals go, it's for the fans. Duff said the same thing the other day

Edited by yes i love you

Just one more thing: Axl and Slash don't even see each other for a long, long time, right? I think that, at least, they will see each other, face to face, in RRHOF. Who knows what the hell is going to happen? After the natural embarrassment, maybe the past will just fade away. But I don't give a fuck to that. I just wanted them playing together a song one more time. If not, fuck it. There are plenty of old videos on YouTube, hehehe.

I think Axl and Slash will have a really short conversation over the phone before Cleveland. Just a "hey, are you going" question and "see you there".

Just one more thing: Axl and Slash don't even see each other for a long, long time, right? I think that, at least, they will see each other, face to face, in RRHOF. Who knows what the hell is going to happen? After the natural embarrassment, maybe the past will just fade away. But I don't give a fuck to that. I just wanted them playing together a song one more time. If not, fuck it. There are plenty of old videos on YouTube, hehehe.

I think Axl and Slash will have a really short conversation over the phone before Cleveland. Just a "hey, are you going" question and "see you there".

Maybe, probably not though.

do you guys think they are nervous to talk to each other?

I don't know. I think Axl's dream is to reunite the old band -- including there Izzy, Slash AND Gilby -- and mix them with the new band, cause the present Axl's philosophy is: "The more I have guitars, louder will be the noise, so no one will notice my Mickey Mouse voice".

nvbb42.jpg

Sorry, pretty girl. As many others here, I think Axl is one of the greatest rock singers of all time, maybe only behind Elvis (my favorite pop musician), but sadly he has no more the same voice, and not even close. And not that he's just singing different. He's simply worse. BUT if he could take a rest and return healthy, like back in 2006, that would be great! Sincerely, do you think he can record a new album with his current voice? I don't think so. The man needs a rest. But don't be mad on me, please, hahaha.

Have you ever started a post off saying "sorry ugly girl" or "sorry handsome guy"????

It seems to me like everyone is trying to put off thinking/talking about this as long as they can. Maybe they're waiting for someone else to make the first move, or maybe they just don't want to have to deal with it until they absolutely have to.

Edited by OTHAFA

I don't know. I think Axl's dream is to reunite the old band -- including there Izzy, Slash AND Gilby -- and mix them with the new band, cause the present Axl's philosophy is: "The more I have guitars, louder will be the noise, so no one will notice my Mickey Mouse voice".

nvbb42.jpg

Sorry, pretty girl. As many others here, I think Axl is one of the greatest rock singers of all time, maybe only behind Elvis (my favorite pop musician), but sadly he has no more the same voice, and not even close. And not that he's just singing different. He's simply worse. BUT if he could take a rest and return healthy, like back in 2006, that would be great! Sincerely, do you think he can record a new album with his current voice? I don't think so. The man needs a rest. But don't be mad on me, please, hahaha.

Have you ever started a post off saying "sorry ugly girl" or "sorry handsome guy"????

What has that got to do with anything? :rofl-lol:

nvbb42.jpg

What has that got to do with anything? :rofl-lol:

Nothing!

Remember I told you that I find odd things interesting!

They are not going to let the cat out of the bag--this was a band that on the surface looked like "they built a world out of anarchy", but that "aura" was part of a brilliant, quite contrived, marketing campaign. GN'R thrived on being/seeming mysterious, spontaneous, and always unpredictable. All of the members have active projects, besides Izzy, and are thriving on the free press they are getting right now, which is helping them promote those current projects. Heck Slash's new album is probably going to chart high due to all the press he is getting right now. GN'R's albums are all selling about double what they did last year, and Guns n' Roses are selling concert tickets in the US better than they have since 1993. Why would they kill this great press attention by announcing an itinerary? I googled "Guns n' Roses" the other night, and received 90,000,000 items returned, when typically I would get 40,000,000. Slash has a new album coming out, Guns n' Roses is working on a follow-up and has a huge tour to sell, Duff has a book and Loaded to promote, Adler's Appetite is always playing gigs, etc. The feeding frenzy by the press in the few weeks leading up to the event is going to go to a level none of us has seen since weeks leading up to the Use Your Illusion releases. This will be the biggest event in rock since the one-off reunion of Pink Floyd for charity, or the one-time Zeppelin show in London. Get used to hearing "I am just going to show up, and see what happens" a lot in the upcoming weeks. Why would the most unpredictable hard rock band in modern history become "predictable" before their coup de gras moment? No one will know a thing besides a few until the night of the show, and then the curtain will rise, and before us will be the band playing like their is no tomorrow. They will then tell the world that they didn't know they were going to play until hours before the show, and it will be hailed as one of those events that 5 million people "were at" when they are telling their kids about the good ol days. It's gonna happen, and if anyone thinks they are going to let this one leak, don't hold your breath....you are just going to have to watch this play out, and enjoy the ride. GN'R fever is already in the air, and it is going to go to another level very soon! :thumbsup:

They are not going to let the cat out of the bag--this was a band that on the surface looked like "they built a world out of anarchy", but that "aura" was part of a brilliant, quite contrived, marketing campaign. GN'R thrived on being/seeming mysterious, spontaneous, and always unpredictable. All of the members have active projects, besides Izzy, and are thriving on the free press they are getting right now, which is helping them promote those current projects. Heck Slash's new album is probably going to chart high due to all the press he is getting right now. GN'R's albums are all selling about double what they did last year, and Guns n' Roses are selling concert tickets in the US better than they have since 1993. Why would they kill this great press attention by announcing an itinerary? I googled "Guns n' Roses" the other night, and received 90,000,000 items returned, when typically I would get 40,000,000. Slash has a new album coming out, Guns n' Roses is working on a follow-up and has a huge tour to sell, Duff has a book and Loaded to promote, Adler's Appetite is always playing gigs, etc. The feeding frenzy by the press in the few weeks leading up to the event is going to go to a level none of us has seen since weeks leading up to the Use Your Illusion releases. This will be the biggest event in rock since the one-off reunion of Pink Floyd for charity, or the one-time Zeppelin show in London. Get used to hearing "I am just going to show up, and see what happens" a lot in the upcoming weeks. Why would the most unpredictable hard rock band in modern history become "predictable" before their coup de gras moment? No one will know a thing besides a few until the night of the show, and then the curtain will rise, and before us will be the band playing like their is no tomorrow. They will then tell the world that they didn't know they were going to play until hours before the show, and it will be hailed as one of those events that 5 million people "were at" when they are telling their kids about the good ol days. It's gonna happen, and if anyone thinks they are going to let this one leak, don't hold your breath....you are just going to have to watch this play out, and enjoy the ride. GN'R fever is already in the air, and it is going to go to another level very soon! :thumbsup:

+1

Now I really can't wait until April 14.

I was considering selling my ticket for the ceremony since i just bought a house thats closing in May, and i could use the $500 i paid for it, but after reading this fuck i cant miss this, once in a lifetime event is for sure, and if this is my last fun thing i do before i have a mortgage so be it,

The guy i bought my ticket from is a RNR HOF Member, and he sent me this

I went three years ago and I suggest getting there early. You will need to find parking (or walk there if you are staying overnight). The people watching is great! The doors open at 7:00 and the show starts promptly at 8:00. Do not be late. The show is taped and for TV and DVDs, so they may hold you back in the lobby for awhile if you are late. If possible get to Cleveland early in the day. The Rock Hall is free all day to the publis and opens at 10:00 am. The groups always stop in and you never know who you will see. Also, the bands and rock royalty stay at the Ritz Carlton. Just go there over the weekend for a drink. Trust me...........you will see the bands there. The after party is at the House of Blues, but you need a VIP ticket to get in. But again, you will see everyone go in either the front door or the back door.

Have fun! It is a cool event. It is a long show too. Plan on at least 4-5 hours! Many of the band play live. It is an event of a lifetime!

I think they've all played a part in keeping the GnR name alive and well. Even if they weren't being inducted this year, the 25th of AFD would be a big subject of discussion anyway. I do think if the reunion goes down, it's going to be the best moment the Rock Hall has ever experienced.